Greetings from LA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hoops McCann

Hey SBT,
My name's Hoops McCann and I've followed soccer since the 80s. I remember your great Cup win against Tottenham in 87. I played London in the Fall of 94, saw you were playing West Ham United so decided to come and see you play. I remember catching the tube from near the Savoy and thinking this is taking too long I'll miss the start, however the match kicked off 15 minutes late and I saw it all. Cobi Jones (USA international) played for you against an England international defender. I enjoyed finally watching live League 1 soccer, especially because Coventry won. Anyway I'm a big Galaxy fan and got talking to Cobi who remembers that day as well as I do. He told me that Coventry are now in League 3. They spent a season playing their home games in a League 4 team's ground miles away because they couldn't afford the rental at home. So I did some research and was saddened by what's happened since I saw you guys play. As fans what do you all think is going to happen, and can Coventry get back into League 1? Best wishes from LA.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I get what you mean by "league 3" etc. Over here, it's Premier League, then Championship, then League 1 and then League 2.
We are currently in League 1 (which is the equivalent of League 3)

LJC_CCFC

Hoops McCann has to be the best name I've ever heard (Unless of course it's fictional and this is some sort of new age trolling)

H

Huckerby

Hey SBT,
My name's Hoops McCann and I've followed soccer since the 80s. I remember your great Cup win against Tottenham in 87. I played London in the Fall of 94, saw you were playing West Ham United so decided to come and see you play. I remember catching the tube from near the Savoy and thinking this is taking too long I'll miss the start, however the match kicked off 15 minutes late and I saw it all. Cobi Jones (USA international) played for you against an England international defender. I enjoyed finally watching live League 1 soccer, especially because Coventry won. Anyway I'm a big Galaxy fan and got talking to Cobi who remembers that day as well as I do. He told me that Coventry are now in League 3. They spent a season playing their home games in a League 4 team's ground miles away because they couldn't afford the rental at home. So I did some research and was saddened by what's happened since I saw you guys play. As fans what do you all think is going to happen, and can Coventry get back into League 1? Best wishes from LA.
Hey Hoops, cheers for checking in. It's hard to say really...as a Sky Blues fan I'm naturally pessimistic because...well, because.

However, it's sunny today and I'm in a good mood. Things are looking up lately, we've appointed a good manager with a great reputation, and he took his time negotiating because he had a list of demands - which were apparently mostly around having more control of the budget to use how he saw fit. Early signs are that he is (or intends to) use it to make the place a generally more professional entity, as it's been ran like a circus for the last few years. With that in mind, I'm hopeful that with some good recruitment this summer, we have a genuine chance of pushing for the playoffs, if not automatic promotion, and getting promoted to the Championship (league 2 is how you would describe it).

From there, I think the owners (a hedge fund called SISU), will probably decide enough is enough and sell the club, maybe for a slight profit after negotiating a long term lease at The Ricoh Arena, for a fraction of what we used to pay.

I think we'll settle in The Championship for the foreseeable future. I don't think we will ever see the Premier League again, unless a wealthy backer comes along and fancies taking a punt with a cheap club with potential.

Nick

Administrator
PM sent. Pretty sure this is a duplicate account for a wind up.

Pretty sure if somebody lives in LA their IP address wouldn't show up as the West Midlands....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread