Gutted But Rather Be Safe (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I'm due to go on holiday to Sharm next Thursday, looking highly likely the holiday is going to be cancelled, but rather be safe than sorry

Does anyone recommend anywhere decent to go this time of year? (not Blackpool)

Nathccfc

Not sure at this time of year but down south is nice, woolacombe and ilfracombe is lovely, same as dawlish and around there :)

wingy

You should likely to choose another destination under the circumstances.
Budget dependant the Canapés should give you fair weather or further afield Goa for some heat.

Si80

Flights are being severely delayed / cancelled due to suspected bomb bringing down that russian plane last week.

Edited to add - Cape Verde is supposed to be hot still at the mo and I've never heard a bad review from people I know who have been there.

no_loyalty

Tenerife looking good option at moment and can go for an extra 4 nights for cheaper than my 10 nights in Egypt

Covrock

If they cancel it they will offer you alternatives. You could possibly end up with a better deal, don't take the first offer,unless you want it, ask what else is on offer. Hopefully you have travel insurance, the company you booked with are abta and atol protected. Companies will hope that people are scared and will cancel on their own accord. Read the small print if you do. Good luck.

covmark

That's a shame pal. I went to sharm in April, absolutely beautiful place with beautiful people, so friendly. This is going to break the tourism there. Devastating because it's amazing.

Hope you get something sorted. Tenerife would be your best bet.

no_loyalty

That's a shame pal. I went to sharm in April, absolutely beautiful place with beautiful people, so friendly. This is going to break the tourism there. Devastating because it's amazing.

Hope you get something sorted. Tenerife would be your best bet.

Cheers Mark, agree Sharm is an amazing place been there for the last 4 years, only been to Tenerife once and that was 20 years ago, so hopefully will be good?

no_loyalty

If they cancel it they will offer you alternatives. You could possibly end up with a better deal, don't take the first offer,unless you want it, ask what else is on offer. Hopefully you have travel insurance, the company you booked with are abta and atol protected. Companies will hope that people are scared and will cancel on their own accord. Read the small print if you do. Good luck.

Covrock they have offered a full refund so have taken it

LastGarrison

My brother and his missus are due to fly out Saturday and although their flights haven't been cancelled they are wavering.

Heard Cape Verde is nice but nothing much there to see or do and depending on the time of year you can't even swim in the sea.

no_loyalty

Anyone been to Hurghada in Egypt?

skybluetony176

Thailand. Yes it costs a few quid to get there but its so cheap once you're there you struggle to give it away.

The first time me and the Mrs went we saved fortune to pay for the holiday and spending money but when we got back we worked out that two weeks in Cyprus the year before was actually a more expensive holiday. We brought back over half our spending money and we did everything we could (except lady boys).

no_loyalty

Thailand. Yes it costs a few quid to get there but its so cheap once you're there you struggle to give it away.

The first time me and the Mrs went we saved fortune to pay for the holiday and spending money but when we got back we worked out that two weeks in Cyprus the year before was actually a more expensive holiday. We brought back over half our spending money and we did everything we could (except lady boys).

Tony unfortunately I only have a budget of £1600 for 3 of us

skybluetony176

Tony unfortunately I only have a budget of £1600 for 3 of us

Yeah that might be a bit tight. Have a look though, you never know. There are some budget operators offering deals out there these days and you will definitely be able to offset some of your spending money to your traveling/accommodation budget.

smouch1975

Have you considered a week on a canal boat in bedworth in the rain?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

lordsummerisle

Was due to go to Sharm on the 23rd, but was canceleld on Monday, knew it was likely so managed to find some alternatives ready once it was confirmed and managed to get our first choice in Lanzarote before the rush of people looking for alternatives.

Shame as went to Sharm last year and enjoyed it, never been to Lanzarote, so hope it's ok.

Was due to go to Sharm on the 23rd, but was canceleld on Monday, knew it was likely so managed to find some alternatives ready once it was confirmed and managed to get our first choice in Lanzarote before the rush of people looking for alternatives.

Shame as went to Sharm last year and enjoyed it, never been to Lanzarote, so hope it's ok.

I've been to Sharm and really disliked it, but that was Nabq Bay so out of the airport and turn left instead of right. Not been to Lanzarote, but went Fuerteventura last year which was lovely.

I felt really uneasy at the airport in Sharm though. It certainly wasn't one of the most relaxed places I've been abroad.

Last edited:

scubasteve

To be honest sharm is a dump, went there on a recommendation from a friend a few years back who raved about it, and hated it and never been back, the all inclusive the food was awful and people were rude, the actual hotel was nice but for a supposed 5* never again. Maybe over the years I have spoilt myself with trips to the Caribbean, Mexico and America. off to Dubai next week now that is a nice place.

As with lanzarote, I really like it there made a few visits over the last few years as a family member has a villa, lots to see on a small island, check out the bodega's if you are into wine, there are a few vineyards worth seeing (amazes me they can grow wine in the volcanic ash, and you can try the wines for around 1 euro a glass. omar shariffs house which he lost in a game of bridge after owning it for 1 day is stunning aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread