GW46 - Where we should have V did finish this season (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Keep it up. I like seeing how we are doing compared with projections - if people don't want to look at it they don't have to click.

Captain Dart

Keep it up. I like seeing how we are doing compared with projections - if people don't want to look at it they don't have to click.
Yup, I like a graph that shows gradual improvement built on a good start. Hoping that is the case.

ccfcricoh

I must correct you. Lies lies lies

At this stage last season Portsmouth after 11 games had 17 points not 28. for 18 Against 12, Gd 6 not 19.

So in effect well ahead of them at same point in season.

Just keeping you on your toes... thread updated, ta.i was struggling to find a website that had standings at various stages throughout last season and the one i did find was obviously dodgy!

Each to their own that want to ignore (or can't understand a graph!) , but unless i have a mass revolt i'll carry on as its something i like to see anyway

Londonccfcfan

Just keeping you on your toes... thread updated, ta.i was struggling to find a website that had standings at various stages throughout last season and the one i did find was obviously dodgy!

Each to their own that want to ignore (or can't understand a graph!) , but unless i have a mass revolt i'll carry on as its something i like to see anyway
Ccfcricoh, don't stop mate it's top stuff!

Btw I simply just use BBC football website as you can look at scores and fixtures of any team going back two years. Just click on the month i.e. October 2016 etc.

Portsmouth 1-2 Doncaster Rovers

ccfcway

I am not a Shitsu supporter far from it BUT if our 'fans' keep staying away as they are now we can hardly complain if some of our best assets are sold

We are 3rd in attendances at the moment. That's promotion form !

again, its the income outside of attendance income that is hampering us. That's the sole responsibility of our owners, who haven't got their house in order.

Its not the fans fault. As Robins said yesterday "i can't fault them"

ccfcway

But it would be far far better if we had more people coming to watch

the same as any club in the country. It would be better if more people turned up.

Difference is, we cant even maximise those that do turn up.

There are a lot of people to blame for the mess this club is in, but in now way is it the fans. It a miracle we still have any at all.

Hats off every ccfc fan out there, even the ones I argue with on here :)

stevefloyd

I am not trying to blame anyone just saying some fans sit at home and whinge about us selling our best players if we had more revenue we could maybe persuade some players to stay but not everyone wants to stay here anyway

Adge

I am not trying to blame anyone just saying some fans sit at home and whinge about us selling our best players if we had more revenue we could maybe persuade some players to stay but not everyone wants to stay here anyway
Sometimes I laugh at people when the old "we need every penny" and "the budget will be cut if you don't renew" etc etc. By that logic then, every season ticket holder (fair play to them for renewing) who renewed is costing the club money. They should all have not renewed their season tickets and just payed on the gate every week at £26, therefore the budget would be a lot higher!

ccfcway

it presents an arguement for charging those currently going more. Majority are likely to still go, so will be more revenue. Said before, If I can get to a game, price isn't important (£20 or £30, I will pay). Clearly there is a ceiling, but i reckon most left will pay a little more without leaving, so it will be increased revenues

Ashdown

Only if that revenue became available to the manager !

stevefloyd

Absolutely but with the crowds up and down like yo yos i guess its difficult for any owners to try and budget what is and isnt available, season tickets are the life blood of any club not just our shitty owners, I am guessing they dont want to spend their ill gotten gains on improving the playing side but I am also guessing the increased revenue from last season went some way to giving us one of the better budgets for this season, its all too easy, and in some cases 100%correct, to blame our illustrious owners but if we are banking on match day revenue to boost our budget I am guessing it is much needed for ongoing operating costs.
Heres one for food for thought, just supposing we were getting crowds of 25 to 30,0000 every home game, I think we could then point the finger of fun at shitsus doors although i do get where you are coming from, maybe we should all stay away then we can all become plastic fans of other clubs instead when we dont have a club to support.
Just before anyone chooses to reply just take a step back and think if you owned Coventry City FC and no one turned up to watch them play how long would you fund it until you thought.. fuck it? That is not in any way shape or form pro shitsu it is pro CCFC !
I go to watch us play because its my team, its what we do as fans unfortunately we have shit owners as I am guessing every club in the land has and because we have fallen so far they appear shitter, if we was in the premier league signing mutiple pound players they would still be shit owners but more tolerable shit owners

letsallsingtogether

Sometimes I laugh at people when the old "we need every penny" and "the budget will be cut if you don't renew" etc etc. By that logic then, every season ticket holder (fair play to them for renewing) who renewed is costing the club money. They should all have not renewed their season tickets and just payed on the gate every week at £26, therefore the budget would be a lot higher!
Totally agree.
That echos what I have said before.
I am a better supporter for not renewing, I give the Club more money.

skybluesam66

to be honest at the start of the season I thought 8 - 10th
After a good start you begin to wonder ?

As always, it;s the hope that kills you!

davebart

Doesn't matter what these statistics show we should walk this league. There are very few decent teams and even fewer with any resources. MR has been given a pretty decent budget, we should already have had a stronger squad having played at a higher level all last season, so there should be no excuses.
The statistics do show that the defence is quite clearly rock solid it is the attack which is struggling and I think this is because MR has not found the right balance. Everything is coming through Jones and ideally he should play more central if he can or he needs to be balanced on the other side of the pitch. The full backs need to provide the width in attack. Possibly Haynes would provide a better option on the left.
But I do expect goals to come, we have the options.

Amcoventry

think if you owned Coventry City FC and no one turned up to watch them play how long would you fund it until you thought.. fuck it?
OK don't want to talk Rugby but here goes. Moved to Waikato (NZ) and went to watch Chiefs play Stormers (SA Team). Crowd of less than 3,000 and mostly SA supporters (Chiefs had come no where in last 5 years). Within 2 years Chiefs took the punt and borrowed heavily and got a good coach and spent the money and got good new players. Within 2 years they won the super rugby and had crowds of 20,000+ each home game. Winning teams breed crowds, atmosphere, support and for owners Money. Time for owners with some balls to do it!!

ccfcricoh

OK don't want to talk Rugby but here goes. Moved to Waikato (NZ) and went to watch Chiefs play Stormers (SA Team). Crowd of less than 3,000 and mostly SA supporters (Chiefs had come no where in last 5 years). Within 2 years Chiefs took the punt and borrowed heavily and got a good coach and spent the money and got good new players. Within 2 years they won the super rugby and had crowds of 20,000+ each home game. Winning teams breed crowds, atmosphere, support and for owners Money. Time for owners with some balls to do it!!

Key part of that is "took the punt"...

There's (almost) no doubt if money is spent, the team will improve, we'll do better, more fans will show up...

But its having owners who are will to take the punt in the first place , SISU are not, they want the money in first to then spend it!

How does this take into account we have played mostly bottom of the table teams (and not with good results)

It doesn't mate, just a running total, to be honest, if it did work like that it would probably be less accurate with our ability to beat teams at the top and completely screw up the "easy" games!

Liquid Gold

We 'took the punt' in the 90s and spent well beyond our means in order to try and establish ourselves as a regular in European competition. We all know how well that went.

What we need is to live within our means but grow our income at the same time. SISU are obviously the main obstacle to that but I suspect that if new owners weren't prepared to splash cash we didn't have then crowds would dwindle away quickly enough.

Londonccfcfan

Totally agree.
That echos what I have said before.
I am a better supporter for not renewing, I give the Club more money.

What planet you on.

If everyone had your point of view, the club would have no money to make the 13 signings they did before the season started.

Many many season tIcket holders dont go to every single game, in fact know of lots who miss quite a few during the course of the season.

Also paying lump sum up front, there is no refund available. You pay extra for the flexibility.

The club bases it budget and forecasting based on season ticket sales at this level.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Stats. seems to be the way some want to look at it if so this is worrying first 7 games 13 points 8 goals for 3 against last 8 11 points 6 goals for 5 against first 7 games top 3 position next 8 mediocre, and when you think at the start of the season players were getting to know how the others play this is the thing that bothers me .

thekidfromstrettoncamp

What planet you on.

If everyone had your point of view, the club would have no money to make the 13 signings they did before the season started.

Many many season tIcket holders dont go to every single game, in fact know of lots who miss quite a few during the course of the season.

Also paying lump sum up front, there is no refund available. You pay extra for the flexibility.

The club bases it budget and forecasting based on season ticket sales at this level.
I agree with a lot you say but to say they would have no money to make the 13 signings they made is not quite right. The players who left were mostly out of contract and surely on more money division one wages as opposed 2 so therefore quite a few if not all could have been brought in without any increase in the wage bill

ccfcricoh

Updated for Mansfield result 0-1 loss

Just hanging onto Playoff form which we've been on since our 5th game, average points is 1.59 per game.

Anything other than a win against Lincoln will see us fall behind play off form and we need 3 wins in a row to hit automatic spots!

runner

I demand a recount ! :) ISky have lost the plot ... playoffs yes ... but top 3 ... too inconsistent a team for that ...

Users who are viewing this thread