GW46 - Where we should have V did finish this season (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Com

Agree - but its the top 3 that go up not 2. 3rd place only has 1 more point than current league table...

The fact that Portsmouth won it last year and were 15 points behind at that stage shows that teams from further down can still easily pick up enough points to get into top 3 and push the "target" up

The other things to bear in mind is how competitive teams are at the bottom. as these teams take points off teams at the top.

Barnet have fallen off a bit, but I think it will be just a s tight at the bottom for the 2nd relegation spot. Chestefield and Port vale both just beat luton, FGR have spent a lot of money!

When theres 2/3 bad teams that everyone wallops the teams at the top tend to have very high points tally 90 plus.

I don't see Luton getting another 40 points from just 16 games! .

Londonccfcfan

The thing that worries me is team that are there or there abouts most years will eventually go up. Seeing Luton, Exeter and Mansfield in the top 7 mean they know how to pick up points in this league and can address what went wrong last year.
We will see what they address and where.

ccfcricoh

I hope you're right about target being lower - means less wins needed for us!

Still think we need another 10 wins at least - possibly 11/12

ccfcricoh

Updated for:
Forest Green loss 2-1
Accrington loss 2-0

As we drop to our lowest point in the table for a while lots of doom and gloom about. But with 15 games to go still lots of points to play for.

Being only 2 points behind last years champions at this stage looks promising but they did go on to win 11 of their last 15 games. Proves it can be done!

7 home games left look likely to be our best chance of picking up some much needed points!

Otis

Updated for:
Forest Green loss 2-1
Accrington loss 2-0

As we drop to our lowest point in the table for a while lots of doom and gloom about. But with 15 games to go still lots of points to play for.

Being only 2 points behind last years champions at this stage looks promising but they did go on to win 11 of their last 15 games. Proves it can be done!

7 home games left look likely to be our best chance of picking up some much needed points!
We still obviously can make the playoffs. The top 3 is now looking a tough ask.

hinckley cov

We can’t afford another performance like Saturdays it was awful, the players owe us supporters a good performance tonight as I can see the playoffs slipping away.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to turn it around tonight. The pressure will really be on if we don't.

We seem to yoyo between the top and bottom of the playoff zone. A few wins and we'll be right back up there again.

Captain Dart

Form has show a slight decline recently.. but still not bad.. provided it can pick up immediately the club should be in playoff places at least.
upload_2018-2-13_12-45-27.png

I think this is a critical point... 2/3 of season is gone and we are entering the run in period.

ccfcricoh

Form has show a slight decline recently.. but still not bad.. provided it can pick up immediately the club should be in playoff places at least.
View attachment 9059

I think this is a critical point... 2/3 of season is gone and we are entering the run in period.

Form tables look better than you'd expect really - although only thing to note is on last 6 games only Notts C and Lincoln above us in the League are below us on there - so there's not many teams at the top slipping up! But we only need to overtake 2 to get playoffs so its definitely looking close!

Otis

View attachment 9059

Some tough games ahead though and back to back away matches at Mansfield and Wycombe after the Brighton game and then after that, Lincoln at home.

ccfcricoh

Updated for Colchester loss 2-1

Not much change from yesterday update but looking worse not better!

Maybe the FA cup is coming round at the right time!

Otis

I won't commit until after we have played Wycombe and Mansfield. Let's see where we are after those games.

Still within touching distance (3 to 4 points) then it's game on. If we are say 8 or 9 points adrift I would say that's it and it's all over. You have to remember everyone else apart from Luton play this weekend while we are away in the cup.

Still a chance to turn it around, but I think we need something from those 2 matchups (2 draws, or 1 win)

singers_pore

Said at the start of the season we would finish between 10 and 14. Haven't changed my prediction on that. Our players simply are not good enough for L1.

Otis

You would have to say that's it now for automatic promotion.

This is where we were just under three weeks ago on the 30th January. Just one single point off the top 3.

Screenshot_2018-02-17-13-12-36.png

After today's results we are now a massive 12 points behind.

Today's table

Screenshot_2018-02-17-13-15-49.png

We now have to solely concentrate on trying to get into the playoff positions.

Otis

It's also now a 7 point gap to 6th, so as it stands we are now looking at targetting that 7th place slot before we do anything else.

Need to turn our current form on its head.

ccfcricoh

Not updated in a while so thought i best catch up (busy morning at work!)

updated for:
Mansfield draw 1-1
Wycombe win 2-0
Barnet win 1-0
Luton draw 2-2

10 games to go and it's still anyone's guess but the last 4 games have definitely done us a favour!

I think we need 74 points to get playoffs and 80 points to hit autos.

So that's 16 points (5 wins and a draw) for playoffs and 22 (7 wins and a draw) for autos.

Both i think are doable - last 4 games we have averaged 2 points per game which could fall just short of autos but last 6 games has been 1.33 which could just fall short of playoffs.

Basically, can we see 5 wins in the below remaining fixtures, to all but guarantee playoffs:

GW37 - Crewe Alexandra (A) - draw
GW38 - Grimsby Town (H) - win
GW39 - Newport County (A) - lose
GW40 - Yeovil Town (H) - win
GW41 - Notts County (A) - lose
GW42 - Crawley Town (A) - win
GW43 - Stevenage (H) - win
GW44 - Lincoln City (H) - draw
GW45 - Cheltenham Town (A) - draw
GW46 - Morecambe (H) - win

I don't think the above is overly optimistic and that has us picking up 18 points so i'm booking off the Tuesday after play off final and mentally preparing myself for play off nerves!

Modcons86

updated for:
Mansfield draw 1-1
Wycombe win 2-0
Barnet win 1-0
Luton draw 2-2

10 games to go and it's still anyone's guess but the last 4 games have definitely done us a favour!

So that's 16 points (5 wins and a draw) for playoffs and 22 (7 wins and a draw) for autos.

Both i think are doable - last 4 games we have averaged 2 points per game which could fall just short of autos but last 6 games has been 1.33 which could just fall short of playoffs.

Basically, can we see 5 wins in the below remaining fixtures, to all but guarantee playoffs:

I don't think the above is overly optimistic and that has us picking up 18 points so i'm booking off the Tuesday after play off final and mentally preparing myself for play off nerves!

My predictions were different match outcomes but same points tally come may 5th.
Any idea if there is a tradition on days the semis are played (just in case) as i doubt i could sort 2 midweek games off work. So praying for a sun/sat followed by a midweek or vice versa.

ccfcricoh

My predictions were different match outcomes but same points tally come may 5th.
Any idea if there is a tradition on days the semis are played (just in case) as i doubt i could sort 2 midweek games off work. So praying for a sun/sat followed by a midweek or vice versa.

Normally there's one leg at a weekend and then other midweek but it depends which semi you are in as to whether that's a Sat and Tue or Sun and Wed,

I'd imagine first leg will be 12th/13th May with second leg 15th/16th May.

The final is Mon 28th May (Bank hol)

Modcons86

Normally there's one leg at a weekend and then other midweek but it depends which semi you are in as to whether that's a Sat and Tue or Sun and Wed,

I'd imagine first leg will be 12th/13th May with second leg 15th/16th May.

The final is Mon 28th May (Bank hol)
Im off weekends so can do whichever that one falls on. And work on the midweek leg with work. Cheers for the info tho wasnt sure if it could fall both being midweek

ccfcricoh

Im off weekends so can do whichever that one falls on. And work on the midweek leg with work. Cheers for the info tho wasnt sure if it could fall both being midweek

Good luck - don't hold me to it though - you know there's no logic when it comes to football ha!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

updated for:
Mansfield draw 1-1
Wycombe win 2-0
Barnet win 1-0
Luton draw 2-2

GW37 - Crewe Alexandra (A) - lose
GW39 - Newport County (A) - draw
GW41 - Notts County (A) - win
GW42 - Crawley Town (A) - draw
GW45 - Cheltenham Town (A) - win

A positive 21 points there. Would leave us in the top end of the playoffs probably.

I think last night's equaliser will hit us hard and we won't quite have enough to make a jump up to the auto's.

Liquid Gold

We'll win all the rest of the games and the FL will give us an extra 30 points because we've been so hard done by. Champions.

SkyblueBazza

updated for:
Mansfield draw 1-1
Wycombe win 2-0
Barnet win 1-0
Luton draw 2-2

I think you have to look at other fixtures too though. There are many important clashes coming up between now & the end of April that we can benefit from...we just have to keep picking the points up - at least one from each of our own clashes with nearest rivals imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

steve cooper

updated for:
Mansfield draw 1-1
Wycombe win 2-0
Barnet win 1-0
Luton draw 2-2

Looking at that list, the only way we won't win at least 5 of them is major loss of form or really bad luck with injuries. Last night was disappointing but most on here were predicting a comprehensive defeat before the game. Of the 2 sides still in with a realistic chance of the playoffs besides us on the list, I would say we will beat either Notts C or Lincoln.

Modcons86

GW37 - Crewe Alexandra (A) - lose
GW39 - Newport County (A) - draw
GW45 - Cheltenham Town (A) - win

A positive 21 points there. Would leave us in the top end of the playoffs probably.

I think last night's equaliser will hit us hard and we won't quite have enough to make a jump up to the auto's.

GW37 - Crewe Alexandra (A) - win

I have not to dissimilar to you mate. Think newport will be the loss though. Same points tally though. Id like to be comfortabley in the play offs atleast come the Morecambe game. Rest a few for that then and have a nerve free afternoon at the ricoh for once.

Users who are viewing this thread