Had a pub crawl round town yesterday (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Theres some nice bars around in particular 22Bayley lane it used to be the newt and cucumber , what are they building in cathedral lanes ?

theferret

Theres some nice bars around in particular 22Bayley lane it used to be the newt and cucumber , what are they building in cathedral lanes ?

The next phase will see Zizzi's, Bistrot Pierre and The Botanist. A number of new chains are set to open in the resorted Co-op building too. With the addition of the Slug and Lettuce, Coventry is well served by the better chains now, just needs a few more independent venues.

Otis

The next phase will see Zizzi's, Bistrot Pierre and The Botanist. A number of new chains are set to open in the resorted Co-op building too. With the addition of the Slug and Lettuce, Coventry is well served by the better chains now, just needs a few more independent venues.
Most definitely.

Kingokings204

Varsity, Lloyds, Yates, Tudor Rose, Jag, Whatever bar it was on the corner of the skydome at that time, Ikon.

Lava ignite I believe it was called on the corner.

mortimors and chicagos also at the sky dome. wasnt it called the orange house?

olderskyblue

Proper pub crawl was the Earlsdon marathon. 20 pubs....

Those still standing went to A&E....

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Thats the one, Orange House then Mortimers.

Also the Green Room which was a bit of a shithole.

Was that the one on the corner of spon street? Danny dyer went in when he did that doc on Cov and talked about Spon street being one of the most intimidating streets he’s walked on or something like that!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Lava ignite I believe it was called on the corner.

mortimors and chicagos also at the sky dome. wasnt it called the orange house?

Mortimers what a dive but spent many an hour and £’s in there!

Chicago’s midweek before Jaks on a Tuesday and Lava Wednesdays and they had the ‘stock exchange’ drink prices in Chicago’s! Basically sometimes the price would fluctuate as you were paying so a potential £4 round for 4 drinks could go up to about £16!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Was that the one on the corner of spon street? Danny dyer went in when he did that doc on Cov and talked about Spon street being one of the most intimidating streets he’s walked on or something like that!

It wasnt on the corner but halfway down on the opposite side to the Skydome.

Yeah it was where he was then saying it was intimidating and I think it showed Bouncers throwing a scrawny 12 year old about.

Nick

Administrator
Mortimers what a dive but spent many an hour and £’s in there!

Chicago’s midweek before Jaks on a Tuesday and Lava Wednesdays and they had the ‘stock exchange’ drink prices in Chicago’s! Basically sometimes the price would fluctuate as you were paying so a potentiometer £4 round for 4 drinks could go up to about £16!

ha remember that, all those TVs and people would run to the bar.

"Rum, fuck that we can wait for the next one".

Ikon also had all you can drink for about £15 to get in, only thing is it took about 4 hours to get served.

hill83

Thats the one, Orange House then Mortimers.

Also the Green Room which was a bit of a shithole.

Used to love the Orange House. £1 a drink all day on Monday. Get there at 11am, bottles of Stella all day.

kdrinkell

Nobbys
Silver Sword
Penny Black
Three Tuns
The Bug
Times Square
Pink Parrott
and to finish Tandoori Kitchen with a Chicken Phall (true story)

oscillatewildly

Don't know if anyone's yet to sample the twisted barrel at Fargo? Whilst not a 'crawl' and in somewhat less than salubrious surroundings (well, bench tables and the only view is that of the 'industry' side of the beer trade) you have on tap (100% literally) a great selection of ales. Good music being played last time I went too.

fernandopartridge

Don't know if anyone's yet to sample the twisted barrel at Fargo? Whilst not a 'crawl' and in somewhat less than salubrious surroundings (well, bench tables and the only view is that of the 'industry' side of the beer trade) you have on tap (100% literally) a great selection of ales. Good music being played last time I went too.

Yeah, it's brilliant. The ale is spot on and such a wide selection.

Joy Division

When I do make it to Cov I always make sure I visit Twisted Barrel at Fargo.

Users who are viewing this thread