Has Clouting given The Hoff the green light? (1 Viewer)

Senior Vick from Alicante

Telegraph interview by Andy Thorn seems to say put in a formal bid! Their are several referances to what the board want from Hoffman and his backers, Do we think the brinkmanship is now over and SISU have had enough. Clouting has also said he can not say that players wont be sold to cover costs, in that light does the thread reporting Leeds in for Clingan mean its the start of a fire sale? If Hoffman is mounting a credible bid he needs to get down the Ricoh today and push it through before Thorney loses half the first team squad. Come on Hoff your city needs you, time to put your cock on the block.

PUSB.

SkyBlueMania

I think the bidding process is very long and drawn out, it would take weeks if not months to conclude it all. Don't think it will have any effect on our short term transfer outlook.

rob9872

I think they are trying to buy time .. or sell Clingan for £500k and buy £500k's worth of Euromillions tickets in the hope they get lucky

SkyBluegilby

Is Andy Thorn Interviewing for the telegraph now - that man is king of the multi-task :p

mattylad

It certainly reads as a please come back story, Yes SISU tried to play hard ball but as they themselves did with the previous share holders the truth is they are bluffing. Now the only question is does Hoffs consortium have the cash or are they bluffing as well!!

CovLis86

Argh this is the most stressful game of poker ever. Neither side want to back down, and i cant even tell who is bluffing anymore and who is showing the weaker hand.

Whatever happens, we CANNOT sell any more of the squad, it is so thin as it is, if we were to lose Clingan to Leeds now, i honestly think id refuse to go to a game this season. As much as it would kill me, I just cant condone that kind of business. We cant be that desperate that we would lose our captain and most pivotal player in the entire squad to a rival, just to buy us another month of financial security when by all accounts we have a consortium waiting in the wings to take the reigns.

bamalamafizzfazz

if we were to lose Clingan to Leeds now, i honestly think id refuse to go to a game this season. As much as it would kill me, I just cant condone that kind of business. We cant be that desperate that we would lose our captain and most pivotal player in the entire squad to a rival, just to buy us another month of financial security when by all accounts we have a consortium waiting in the wings to take the reigns.

Exactly what we don't need right now. Forget who the owners are we need to support the team on the pitch even if its a group of 16 year olds. No matter who pulls on the shirt the fans need to get behind them. Who knows some of them may even look at this site and what do you think they would say if they did?

BurbageSkyBlues

If sisu sell sammy just so that they can cling on to power for a few weeks more, while they try to reduce their losses, it just further enhances the belief that they have no regards for the wellbeing of the club and fans. All it does, is underline the fact that they have no interest other than their own pockets

If hoff is really interested then i cannot uderstand why you would not just name the investors to move the deal on afterall he cllaims to be a fan. On the other side of the coin i dont really know why sisu are bothered who it is. Strange indeed

ccfc_Tom

Doesn't a club get blocked from the transfer market while a takeover is in progress or is that just footy manager :) ?

sky blue john

Hoff is playing the right game Sisu will already have told him what they want, they are just chancers !!!
At the end of the day its business and if the Hoff jumps in now it will reduce the amount of money to play with once the chancers are out of the way.
It doesn't matter if sisu stay or we go into admin we will lose more players.

Users who are viewing this thread