Has The World Gone Mad ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Got talking today to an elderly customer. He was talking about the shooting in America at the school. He couldn't understand why someone would do such a thing. He also spoke at how the world has changed so much over his life,he's in his 80's, but not for the better.
Some bastard conned him out of money last year over non existent roof work, and had a burglary too. I left thinking this world is dangerous and unstable, but we just plod on don't we ? But you have to stay positive and I made my customer happy by doing the roof work for him, and he said at least there are some decent people about !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think it’s scary the amount of people that are in it for themselves and by this I mean would thieve off others.

The most worrying aspect is the current 16-30 generation and their failure to be in touch with reality, social media/technology has taken over, if you were to collapse in the street etc they’d stand round filming you rather than help whilst someone helps themselves to your wallet and phone.

I know it’s extreme but the world is eating itself up. It doesn’t need natural disasters to end it, we’ll end it ourselves!

bringbackrattles

I think it’s scary the amount of people that are in it for themselves and by this I mean would thieve off others.

The most worrying aspect is the current 16-30 generation and their failure to be in touch with reality, social media/technology has taken over, if you were to collapse in the street etc they’d stand round filming you rather than help whilst someone helps themselves to your wallet and phone.

I know it’s extreme but the world is eating itself up. It doesn’t need natural disasters to end it, we’ll end it ourselves!
Some good points there. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. As I've mentioned before I'm an ex prisoner who cleaned up his act. When I was inside you didn't know if you were in prison or a psychiatric hospital, it was that unstable daily. But I hear now they are fuelled by drugs and the cons run many wings. A mate of mine was in the nick last year and he said it nearly sent him mad. And he reckons there will come a day when it completely breaks down, and they won't be able to cope. Sounds a bit like society !

martcov

Tbf older people complained about the younger generation when I was in the younger generation.... the world was in a bad way then... terrorism, racism, useless government, industrial disputes.... hasn’t changed that much by the sound of it. I think that now that we are the older generation, we should set a good example for the younger generation .... as you just did. That’s our responsibility.

clint van damme

I honestly believe the world now is a better place than it was in the 70s and 80s.

There has been a huge rise in crime and I think that will continue with more cuts to the police on the way, so I think we've regressed and aren't going in the right direction at the moment as a society.
But I don't think it's as bad as the decades I've mentioned. I haven't seen any violence for ages, back then you would see fighting all the time and there were racist murders, so it was pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread