Have an item for sale (1 Viewer)

DB67

I'm a brand new member on the site and I'm not a Coventry City fan (Leeds actually). But I have an item for sale that may interest some people on here. I offered it to the club historian but got zero response from them. I could just stick it on Ebay but don't think it will reach my valuation. I could have stuck it up on General forum but thought I'd ask mods first out of politeness. You might not allow it at all.

The item is a 1970s genuine club issue Admiral brown away shirt. It has number 14 on the back (so a subs shirt) and the Admiral badge and club logo are embroidered rather than printed like retro copies were back in the day.
Also the material is a stretchy kind of cotton mix and not that god awful nylon crap that kiddies repros were made from. I have no actual proof it was a club issue shirt but anyone who knows what the repros were like as a kid will know this is completely different. And who would have "14" stitched on the back of a repro anyway?

DB67

must be a training shirt, in 1977 there was only one sub , and no squad numbers so 1 to 11, and the sub 12, how much ?

Well I think this is a bit of footballing memorabilia rather than just a "retro" shirt. I can post pics of it of course if you like. I see the official club shop sell the brown retro shirt, but to call them a "replica" is a travesty imo.
I'm looking for around the £300 mark. It would be better mounted and framed for a true supporter of the club. I might do that myself to make it more saleable. I'm 6ft 2" and I did wear the shirt myself a few years back. But at 47 I'm now a bit tubby and it is a VERY snug fit. Unworn it looks like a childs shirt, but it is very stretchy material.

When ever you hear of awful footy strips this Coventry number always comes to the fore, amongst others. But none can compare to the truly "awful" chocolate brown strip of Coventry. It is without doubt one of the most famous dodgy shirts ever to be contrived. Is it true that West Brom fans chanted "Brown shit on the pitch" to the tune of Brown Girl in the Ring (Boney M) when they got tubbed 7-1 at the Hawthorns in the late 70s? A WBA fan told me that but I dunno.....

Users who are viewing this thread