Heavenly Blues (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

For the past week we have been on holiday in Croatia (plane touches down at 2pm on Saturday at Birmingham Airport (hopefully), so there will be a mad dash to the Ricoh for as near to 3pm as we can get). Being abroad has given me the chance to use Ifollow for the first time and we managed to watch the last thirty minutes of the game at Wimbledon.(The first hour of the game plus half time was spent waiting for my son to get the thing working on his lap top)
A few days ago we were in Dubrovnik and were on a bus going from the hotel to the Old Town.We went past a very small but picturesque stadium. (Think Liberty Way but replace the River Anchor with the Adriatic).
When we got back to the hotel I Googled to see that the team that played there was called NK Gosk Dubrovnik, who are in fact Dubrovnik’s senior team. Like us they play in the third tier of the Croatian league, although that is regionalised, north and south. The bit I really liked about them was the little picture on the web site of their kit, which I would have said, to all intents and purposes was Sky Blue. However, when I looked up their colours, they were described as playing in “Heavenly Blue”. Now I love the colour we play in. I don’t think Jimmy Hill could have picked a better colour. It is just such an optimistic shade that makes you think of long summer days when the sky is always blue. Seeing it described in celestial terms simply confirmed what I had always thought! Sky Blue is simply the best!

clint van damme

Once done the airport dash myself.
New years day, Man City at home. We left the wives to get the bags and made it to HR for about 5 past 3.
Didn't go down to well with the missus that one.

Otis

For the past week we have been on holiday in Croatia (plane touches down at 2pm on Saturday at Birmingham Airport (hopefully), so there will be a mad dash to the Ricoh for as near to 3pm as we can get). Being abroad has given me the chance to use Ifollow for the first time and we managed to watch the last thirty minutes of the game at Wimbledon.(The first hour of the game plus half time was spent waiting for my son to get the thing working on his lap top)
A few days ago we were in Dubrovnik and were on a bus going from the hotel to the Old Town.We went past a very small but picturesque stadium. (Think Liberty Way but replace the River Anchor with the Adriatic).
When we got back to the hotel I Googled to see that the team that played there was called NK Gosk Dubrovnik, who are in fact Dubrovnik’s senior team. Like us they play in the third tier of the Croatian league, although that is regionalised, north and south. The bit I really liked about them was the little picture on the web site of their kit, which I would have said, to all intents and purposes was Sky Blue. However, when I looked up their colours, they were described as playing in “Heavenly Blue”. Now I love the colour we play in. I don’t think Jimmy Hill could have picked a better colour. It is just such an optimistic shade that makes you think of long summer days when the sky is always blue. Seeing it described in celestial terms simply confirmed what I had always thought! Sky Blue is simply the best!
Yep, 'Heavenly Blue' does sound lovely, but then so too does 'Heavenly Sky Blue and White Stripes'.

Badger

I thought this was going to be about deceased players/fans!

I got a speeding ticket when we did the airport dash so don't rush too much

Users who are viewing this thread