House Sitting (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

A couple of years ago we looked into getting a house sitter in to look after our 2 dogs instead of putting them into kennels but decided against it as the £40 charge per day was too high. On monday a couple from the Bristol area came into the cafe where I work and told me that since selling their house last year they have been travelling around the country house sitting whilst they are waiting for their new house to be built. They have registered with 3 sites, mindahome/housesittersuk/trustedhousesitter, and after paying a registration fee and had the required police checks have gone from house sit to house sit. Most times it involves looking after an animal which has generally been dogs, cats, the odd rabbit and some chickens once. We are going skiing in february and we are now considering registering with 1 of the sites and getting someone to look after our house and dog. As far as I can tell there are no charges to pay either way and some sites don't even charge if you want someone to house sit for you. It seems a great way of getting to explore different parts of the country especially if you're on a budget provided of course you pass the police checks and get selected by the house owner. Has anyone tried this?

Nick

Administrator
It would have to be very trusting to have somebody live in your house without knowing who they are :(

ovduk78

It would have to be very trusting to have somebody live in your house without knowing who they are :(
That does worry me but that is where the police checks come in and they should be more than basic. I would rather house sit for someone else first. There are loads of websites offering this service, I never knew it even existed at a national level and the dog sitter we originally considered is local and all her sitting has been in the local area.

Users who are viewing this thread