How Old Do You Feel ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Had to go to the doctors yesterday for my yearly M.O.T. and results of a recent blood test. Got told all is fine and he told me for 64 I'm in good nick. My doctor said its good that I'm still working outdoors, and my hobby/passion for football writing keeps my mind active. Bloody hell he was talking as if I was in my eighties ! But it got me thinking about age, I feel not much different from how I felt in my forties, but how are we supposed to feel at certain times in our life ?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m 42 but still feel the way I did when I was 23
I do have the odd ache and twinge though

bringbackrattles

I can vary from 16 to 85 depending how I feel from day to day.

Sometimes I feel really young and at other times, ancient!
Ditto. Some days I can work solid for hours, up and down ladders, or digging a garden, and wake up next day fresh as a daisy. But another day feel tired after an hour just walking about. I don't worry about it though as I know some people my age who are permanently knackered !

richnrg

the saying 'you're only as old as the woman you feel' is a bit unfair on gerontophiles, don't you think?

skyblueinBaku

I'm 71 and spend an awful lot of time gardening (we have a large garden, much of it devoted to fruit and vegetables) and I get frustrated that many jobs take me longer to finish nowadays. My brain thinks that I am still in my 30s, but my body doesn't agree.

bringbackrattles

The oldest person in the UK had her 112th birthday recently. And for sixty years she has drank a glass of whisky daily, a glass of Famous Grouse. Her doctor told her its good for the heart, and she says its her secret to her long life. I hate whisky but it is popular, but my sister who has hardly ever drank, has started drinking the odd glass of gin, as she read its healthy ?
My local Aldi sell loads of gin I hear, I always thought spirits were bad for you ?

Otis

The oldest person in the UK had her 112th birthday recently. And for sixty years she has drank a glass of whisky daily, a glass of Famous Grouse. Her doctor told her its good for the heart, and she says its her secret to her long life. I hate whisky but it is popular, but my sister who has hardly ever drank, has started drinking the odd glass of gin, as she read its healthy ?
My local Aldi sell loads of gin I hear, I always thought spirits were bad for you ?
Only when they come visiting you in the middle of the night a moaning and a groaning.

hill83

Really old people who say certain things are the secret to their long life are talking nonsense. They got lucky. It’s the same as when people say “we didn’t wear seatbelts when we were kids and we were ok”. Also lucky. The kids who died aren’t here to talk about it and the bloke who knocked back whisky everyday who died at 55 isn’t here to talk about it.

Otis

Really old people who say certain things are the secret to their long life are talking nonsense. They got lucky. It’s the same as when people say “we didn’t wear seatbelts when we were kids and we were ok”. Also lucky. The kids who died aren’t here to talk about it and the bloke who knocked back whisky everyday who died at 55 isn’t here to talk about it.
No, he's haunting BRR in the middle of the night.

lifeskyblue

60 next month and feel pretty fit and healthy. Had a new hip four years back and that worked wonders...was in a lot of pain for a couple years. So feel much better than then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm 65 and mentally feel about 30. But physically? My whole body feels shot-away! My knees are buggered (refused knee replacement surgery.) My hands are now ravaged with arthritis. Most of you know about my dicky ticker, so I'm always knackered and short of breath. Diabetes seems to be getting worse (according to my diabetes nurse), but like I said, I still feel young mentally (and I can still take care of myself if I need to!) Anyway, I'm putting myself down for a Marathon.
and if I enjoy that, I'll have a Mars bar as well!

skyblueinBaku

I live in Dorset can I pop round for some veg
Most of it has already been eaten or frozen, Robbie. Plenty of tomatoes and sweet peppers left, though.:D

Gazolba

My mind thinks I'm young but my body often tells my mind that I'm not.
My advice to everyone is to be careful what you eat and drink.
That's where most health problems begin.
You can get away with it when you are under 50.
But after 50, it quickly catches up with you and by then it's too late.

richnrg

perhaps you should kill it first?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When we beat Wycombe at the Ricoh to secure our cup final place I followed everyone onto the pitch and had three goes at getting over the advertising hoardings. That made me feel my age.

wingy

Today my feet and knees feel about 80
My head feels about 40 and my weapon feels about 20 .
Te he can't believe I just wrote that.

Otis

Yeah, he can't believe I just wrote that.
Yeah, was just going to ask you what the other side of your split personality felt.

wingy

My mind thinks I'm young but my body often tells my mind that I'm not.
Tis true

Otis

Te he can't believe I just wrote that.
My weapon hardly feels anything these days, because I can hardly feel my weapon at all.

Otis

Every time I have sex I got my wife pregnant and I have just the one child who is now 14.

wingy

Every time I have sex I got my wife pregnant and I have just the one child who is now 14.
Just on special occasions then
Me ex used to do my swede in
Holidays were a no no
Just the time when your chilled and feeling rampant
She'd turn tha tap off !!!

Otis

I always used to get the message with an ex of mine when she packed a cork in her suitcase.

Dead give away that.

Users who are viewing this thread