Hughton sacked (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

What is the point in sacking him? Do they really think a caretaker will get significantly more points from

Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man Utd (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)

than Hughton?

RFC

What is the point in sacking him? Do they really think a caretaker will get significantly more points from

Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man Utd (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)

than Hughton?

Totally agree, utter madness at this stage of the season. So many, many right on this one, no dignity left in football or trust or honour.

ONE GAME TO SAVE THEIR SEASON v FULHAM so stick with the tried and trusted IMHO!

RFC

Stuart Linnell: Football used to be a game with a smile on its face. Now it has too much money at the top end & hardly any at the other. No humour any more.

Sky Blue Pete

He needs you on the radio with him RFC you have us all laughing on here most nights - Just supporting SP and the boys - PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

They had better hope the players don't take this the wrong way. They'd have just about stayed up I think. There might be a backlash from the players as he seems a nice guy.​

cornoccfc

Maybe keeping him this long is loyalty in a strange way.

Some fans wanted him out months ago.

The CableGuy

The daft thing is (apart from the timing of this sacking) is that Man Utd away might be the easiest game for Norwich - by then Utd will have bugger all to play for.

smileycov

Facebook User
Crap manager though, seems a nice guy but nice guys don't make good managers

Bit harsh, took Newcastle up playing good football. Finished 11th last season. They are still 5 points clear, so bit harsh imo

Covstu

strange timing, i dont have an issue with the sacking itself they spend alot and didnt work. They should have done this in January (as there position wasnt any worse) or after the season. Not sure its fair that the U21 manager has to pick up the pieces but maybe they can play with alot of freedom rather than be so defensively minded. Its not over yet but they look knackered!

japandy

They were saying now Powell has gone from Charlton and Hughton from Norwich there isn't a black manager in all the top 5 leagues in England. As well as that I don't think there is a black manager in the top leagues of Wales, Scotland or N.I. Is this because of a lack of opportunities or that black people don't follow that course of profession? I know it has been said that there are fewer chances for black people to enter management here in England, but is it the same around the world? I don't know one black player who has gone into football management. A few African players have gone into politics but haven't continued in football.

japandy

They were saying now Powell has gone from Charlton and Hughton from Norwich there isn't a black manager in all the top 5 leagues in England. As well as that I don't think there is a black manager in the top leagues of Wales, Scotland or N.I. Is this because of a lack of opportunities or that black people don't follow that course of profession? I know it has been said that there are fewer chances for black people to enter management here in England, but is it the same around the world? I don't know one black player who has gone into football management. A few African players have gone into politics but haven't continued in football.

Covstu

I don't really think this decision was based around the colour of his skin, he didn't perform and spent a lot of money. Nice guy but couldn't cut it at that level, simple as.

Gint11

My first thought was 'what are they doing sacking him now' but when you look at it closely and the stats, its been coming

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

rob9872

As soon as I heard that he had been sacked I wondered how long until we heard the lack of black managers line trotted out again. This kind of highlighting the issue every time is doing far more harm than good imo. If I were black I would want a job on merit not because I was black. Positive discrimination is as bad as negative imo.

aodea

yeah the timing of the sacking os so strange.

what i dislike about these situations is that say the Norwich players get 6 points out of next 5 games and stay up everyone will praise how they performed but they have been to blame for a lot of the lackluster performances the last few months. Hughtons style is a little negative but you should not have to sack a manager to get a reaction from the players. if thats the case you have to question the players attitudes in the first place.

The squad is better than what it was on paper last year so how have they struuggled so much. they beat spurs at home and looked good so there is no excuse for the lackluster display against palace on the weekend.

mark82

The opportunities are there and open for everyone. If people choose not to take them it is themselves they should look at.
Anagers will be chosen on merit. Once had a chance and failed. Same for Hughton. Powell is a decent manager and will get another championship job (as, I'm sure, will Hughton). Problem is Premier League jobs aren't just handed out, you need to prove you are up to it first. Is there a black manager out there you could say has done that?

There will be more black managers in and around the lower leagues the next couple of years and eventually one will prove they have the skill to manage at the top level.

Black managers should be judged by the same criteria white managers are, nothing more and nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread