I pad or laptop (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

Now i'm not the most technical computor chap going, so which is best? Simple really an i pad or laptop?

derbyskyblue

You see adobe flash stuff means nothing to me. I would use laptop or i pad for sbt, ebay, facebook, store photo's, videos and thats about it. People keep saying get a laptop and then others say get a laptop. I really have no idea what to get.

Nick

Administrator
What about a netbook like this?

It is kind of in between in terms of size but you can do a lot more with it.

Adobe Flash is used on a lot of sites, for example the Sky Sports Live Score Centre is flash (as well as the arcade games on here).

An iPad is a bit of a pain for typing too :(

derbyskyblue

Actually that dont look to bad at all. Not too big and bulky to carry around and i.can use it anywhere. Cheers nick might just be tempted with that.

AngryAnt

While the iPad is ment to be really good, i'd say go with a netbook or a laptop. They are alot easier to use and can use flash like nick said (i believe youtube is adobe based, so you can't even watch youtube on the iPad).

You can also pick up a net book for around £150-£200 while an iPad is like £600 now :p.
Just be careful when it comes to reformatting a netbook as they have no CD drive so are a royal pain in the butt to do.

sternslovchild

We got given an ipad at work, absolute waste of time.

If you try and upload anything on it it has to be done through itunes or connected to a wireless network. Complete pain in the arse.

Nick

Administrator
We got given an ipad at work, absolute waste of time.

If you try and upload anything on it it has to be done through itunes or connected to a wireless network. Complete pain in the arse.

Agreed, you have to do things like youtube through an app!

Deffo a netbook :)

MatthewWallis

You can watch YouTube on iPad.

And if you jailbreak your iPad you can upload files from your browser

derbyskyblue

Cheers lads, its a laptop or a netbook then. To be honest i dont mind which. One thing tho, this jailbreak app, my stepson used this on his new i phone 4 and fooked his phone up. He had to get some computor whizzkid to sort it out for him. Now i have no idea what jailbreak is or what it does, but i do know it screwed his phone up.

Colonel Mustard

If you're not planning to do heavy duty work on it (such as web design), then I'd go for the iPad every day of the week.

The thing with the iPad is that you make it adapt to you, not the other way around. That sounds naff, I know, but check out how these people have made the iPad adapt to their different lines of work: http://bit.ly/hNu4cD

Aside from work stuff, you can plug it into a TV and stream games or movies directly in HD; you can use it as a camera or video recorder or video/music editor or an audio recorder or a slideshow presentation device, etc etc. You can even get a wireless keyboard if you wish to use it as a makeshift desktop. Check out some videos of the iPad 2 in use, and see how nasty a netbook is in comparison.

Aside from work stuff, you can plug it into a TV and stream games or movies directly in HD; you can use it as a camera or video recorder or video/music editor or an audio recorder or a slideshow presentation device, etc etc. You can even get a wireless keyboard if you wish to use it as a makeshift desktop. Check out some videos of the iPad 2 in use, and see how nasty a netbook is in comparison.

Do you work for Apple? :D

SkyBlueUkeman

Hey Digby... better start currying up that disk! Im on one now and use it for all my work stuff. You have to turn the brightness right down and turn off the wireless and mute it, but that puts the overall battery up to about 9 hours!

Tis a brillaint wee thing, and its probably alot more durable than an iPad (and less presumptuous ;) )

Nick

Administrator
I am actually considering a netbook, but I have a laptop and a desktop already so not sure I actually need one.

Hey Digby... better start currying up that disk! Im on one now and use it for all my work stuff. You have to turn the brightness right down and turn off the wireless and mute it, but that puts the overall battery up to about 9 hours!

Tis a brillaint wee thing, and its probably alot more durable than an iPad (and less presumptuous ;) )

Mmmm... CD Jalfrezi. But seriously I only get four hours out of my 7 hr battery on my Acer One. Maybe I need to flash my BIOS.

Covstu

love the ipad but it does not really serve a purpose!! If you like shiny things and have a spare £700 go for one!!

Rich

Someone just gave me an Eye pad. Need a bandage to hold it on though.

Users who are viewing this thread