Iceland v Coventry (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

A lot has been said once again about the population of Iceland and their successes.

As their population is similar to ours in Coventry, it made me wonder what sort of side we would have if we were a country. If you don't allow for the likes of Rugby, Nuneaton and Beduff it's quite difficult.

Goal keeper? Burge is from Hereford.

Defenders:
Willis
Dion KE
Jordan Clarke
Cyrus Christie
Aaron Phillips?
Cian Harries (Balsall Common?)

Midfielders:
James Maddison
Conor Thomas
Devon KE
Shipley?
Ivor Lawton
McSheffery
Bigi (would qualify)
Danny Crowley

Strikers:
Callum Wilson
Jamie Paterson
Ponticelli
James Collins

Anyone know of any others?

Some weak areas, but that squad isn't too dissimilar to Iceland. Many lower league players but a handful of Premier League quality.

Sbarcher

Bobby Gould up front.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yeh played Brian at table tennis at Warwick uni on school trip back in ether 78 or 79. Incidentally had a brief game of table tennis today in Manchester with my wife and daughter, first game since I don't know when!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

more on Brian, he only scored 1 league goal. I did see he goal in first tie v Norwich in FA cup 1983 at Highfield road. I was also at reply at Carrow Road where sadly Brian scored an OG very late on to lose the tie. Never mind "Harry" , not the best player ever but very popular player and man.

Grendel

more on Brian, he only scored 1 league goal. I did see he goal in first tie v Norwich in FA cup 1983 at Highfield road. I was also at reply at Carrow Road where sadly Brian scored an OG very late on to lose the tie. Never mind "Harry" , not the best player ever but very popular player and man.

The league goal was against West Ham

Captain Dart

Bjork saying shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

skyblueheaven

Correct, unless other people think that being born at Walsgrave Hospital and growing up on the Ansty Road at Wyken and in Exhall qualify as Birmingham. Willis’s Dad is originally from Bell Green. All good Cov people.
From Bell Green to Fisher Rd Foleshill,
Totally agree PBE. all good cov people.

Users who are viewing this thread