Idea for Newbies (1 Viewer)

bamalamafizzfazz

Evening chaps,

I have noticed a number of new people to SBT over the last couple of days and although I encourage them to generate interesting talking points it appears a lot of new threads are being started. There appears to be chat of some 'wummery' which I feel could affect the community that we have built over recent months.

I was wondering if it might be possible to put a block on new starters from starting threads until they have posted a certain number of times on other threads (ie 20-30 posts) and/or even a time delay after signing up of at least a few weeks.

Does anyone else feel this may be beneficial to the future of our site? Could anyone suggest any other solutions for this problem?

Keep up the good work as always :)

bamalamafizzfazz

But then "TheDustonCobbler" wouldn't have been able to create his thread. http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/8920-Chris-Dunn

Also new member's sometimes create a thread in the "New Sky Blues" section to introduce themselves.

OK that is a valid point especially the new sky blues. Is there a way of preventing them from creating threads unless they have introduced themselves first? I am not trying to disclude people but I can just forsee less discussion points as a result.

Covstu

I think this would have its benefits in that it stops idiots posting on but it also stops genuine fans from posting at the start. For me its normally the easiest way of introducing yourself to a new site.

Nick

Administrator
I don't really want to stop people posting, if you don't like a thread just report it and we will have a look :)

Users who are viewing this thread