If Anyone Thought Fisher was Mr Insincere (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Listen to the chairman (or whoever he is) and his interview on Cwr tonight.

Just shocking in its arrogance and disinterest to Coventry rugby club.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Listen to the chairman (or whoever he is) and his interview on Cwr tonight.

Just shocking in its arrogance and disinterest to Coventry rugby club.

Almost as insincere as all of those who 'didn't give a fuck about egg chasing' when folk suggested the Sixfields stay-always might take in a game at The Butts suddenly having such concern about egg chasing...

Grendel

What's been said?

If any fan of Coventry rugby club wants to pop down and see premiership rugby in a big stadium we'd love to see them

I'm sure many of their fans enjoy the cosy atmosphere at a league one club - it's very different to us but try it.

The programme didn't have one rugby fan in the half hour I heard that supported it from either side.

Otis

If any fan of Coventry rugby club wants to pop down and see premiership rugby in a big stadium we'd love to see them

I'm sure many of their fans enjoy the cosy atmosphere at a league one club - it's very different to us but try it.

The programme didn't have one rugby fan in the half hour I heard that supported it from either side.

Well yeah, but who usually rings up to these things, people who are just okay with it, or those who are vehermently against?

It's like when City lose badly. They all start appearing out of the woodwork in a clamour to get on and have a moan.

A phone in is always going to bring out the dissenters in all this isn't it.

Grendel

Almost as insincere as all of those who 'didn't give a fuck about egg chasing' when folk suggested the Sixfields stay-always might take in a game at The Butts suddenly having such concern about egg chasing...

Would have made no difference though would it - the council would have thrown then down the toilet anyway for a few quid.

Over a century of sporting heritage under thread - and according to you the council are the good guys.

Grendel

Well yeah, but who usually rings up to these things, people who are just okay with it, or those who are vehermently against?

It's like when City lose badly. They all start appearing out of the woodwork in a clamour to get on and have a moan.

A phone in is always going to bring out the dissenters in all this isn't it.

They has so e professional rugby players and a couple of journalists - all thought it will take ages to build up the fanbase and clearly will damage the local clubs future fanbase.

The fans were effectively saying that future generations will never support the club.

One guy I assume someone associated in the club said the loan arrangement never works and will be used to ensure the club never gets on. Level playing field on the pitch.

The chairman said its been forced on them with no consultation and he will do what he can to make it work.

wingy

They has so e professional rugby players and a couple of journalists - all thought it will take ages to build up the fanbase and clearly will damage the local clubs future fanbase.

The fans were effectively saying that future generations will never support the club.

One guy I assume someone associated in the club said the loan arrangement never works and will be used to ensure the club never gets on. Level playing field on the pitch.

The chairman said its been forced on them with no consultation and he will do what he can to make it work.

Yet the CRF coach Scott Morgan was very positive .

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Would have made no difference though would it - the council would have thrown then down the toilet anyway for a few quid.

Over a century of sporting heritage under thread - and according to you the council are the good guys.

You've made the wrong call upon every occasion in all of this. Just because you've invented yet another soap-box doesn't mean I'll start listening to your latest line of foolishness

Nick

Administrator
You've made the wrong call upon every occasion in all of this. Just because you've invented yet another soap-box doesn't mean I'll start listening to your latest line of foolishness

andy%2Bthorn.jpg

What else was said?

Grendel

andy%2Bthorn.jpg

What else was said?

Many wasps fans live nearer to Coventry and loved the image of the succesful one according to MMM.

RegTheDonk

Does indeed sound arrogant. Come and watch the big boys, you plebs kind of thing.

Wonder if its' also a little desperate? I have absolutely no idea what kind of money WASPs players are on, how much money they get from TV etc. Presume they can make a decent profit on league crowds of 5,000 (assuming the current fan base travels and nobody "defects" from CRFC) and the other revenue from the stadium?

Grendel

Does indeed sound arrogant. Come and watch the big boys, you plebs kind of thing.

Wonder if its' also a little desperate? I have absolutely no idea what kind of money WASPs players are on, how much money they get from TV etc. Presume they can make a decent profit on league crowds of 5,000 (assuming the current fan base travels and nobody "defects" from CRFC) and the other revenue from the stadium?

The relevance to our club is that we have to rely on this working.

I thought he sounded smug arrogant and clueless. No wonder sisu believe they can work with then but this sounds a car crash waiting to happen. Also genuinely I thought his disdain for the club actually named Coventry rugby club was really poor form.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Ha ha. I can see why the Organ Grinder and The Monkey would wish to misrepresent me on this one by dragging up the Thorn issue yet again. It's the ubiquitous signal of failure.

That stated, if I'd have exalted Fisher in the same way as Grendy did - he and Waggot being 'the best ever' - then I'd be covering my tracks by deflecting attention too. It doesn't take long searching this site to find the quotes.

I can't see what you're so excited about. You got what you wanted. Broke the contract on the 'criminal' rental contract, a clear run to build the new stadium, and the White Elephant stadium off the council's books. I'd have thought you'd have been living in the land of milk and honey by now. What gives?

wingy

Wasn't there a suggestion of a Joint ST package .

There Is no physical barrier to watching both ,as they will play on differing dates .

There Is an emotional one though ,only time will tell ,I don't think Cov will lose fans ,but It may put a ceiling on It .

For all the worthy development COV have made recently ,there have still been a few Financial Issues ,such as Scott Morgan not getting paid for

4 months last season, he,did In the end .:)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The relevance to our club is that we have to rely on this working.

I thought he sounded smug arrogant and clueless. No wonder sisu believe they can work with then but this sounds a car crash waiting to happen. Also genuinely I thought his disdain for the club actually named Coventry rugby club was really poor form.

What about your disdain for the club actually named Coventry Rugby Club it didn't matter to you and your mates when people were saying instead of Sixfields why not go to a local club including Cov. I have been to the Butts this season and am going in November and also a few more games this season but then again I'm a Coventrian and proud of it you you're just a person who happens to follow my and my citys football team.

Grendel

Ha ha. I can see why the Organ Grinder and The Monkey would wish to misrepresent me on this one by dragging up the Thorn issue yet again. It's the ubiquitous signal of failure.

That stated, if I'd have exalted Fisher in the same way as Grendy did - he and Waggot being 'the best ever' - then I'd be covering my tracks by deflecting attention too. It doesn't take long searching this site to find the quotes.

I can't see what you're so excited about. You got what you wanted. Broke the contract on the 'criminal' rental contract, a clear run to build the new stadium, and the White Elephant stadium off the council's books. I'd have thought you'd have been living in the land of milk and honey by now. What gives?

The fact the council had to give the ave away proves its lack of worth. The debt discharge was higher than the purchase price.

I'm surprised though that you as a strong objector of franchise sport seems strangely silent. You are also a big fan of the rugby club aren't you? Why aren't you up in arms at this or are you just a little poodle for Anne these days ? That's a shame .

Grendel

What about your disdain for the club actually named Coventry Rugby Club it didn't matter to you and your mates when people were saying instead of Sixfields why not go to a local club including Cov. I have been to the Butts this season and am going in November and also a few more games this season but then again I'm a Coventrian and proud of it you you're just a person who happens to follow my and my citys football team.

I haven't any disdain for the rugby club I just don't like the sport but I do sympathise with the fans of the club as this will bring about their demise.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The fact the council had to give the ave away proves its lack of worth. The debt discharge was higher than the purchase price.

I'm surprised though that you as a strong objector of franchise sport seems strangely silent. You are also a big fan of the rugby club aren't you? Why aren't you up in arms at this or are you just a little poodle for Anne these days ? That's a shame .

You know everything about the deal then? Or making it up by joining the few dots you can?

I've not been silent at all. I've articulated my view clearly. Now? Sick to the back teeth of it all

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I haven't any disdain for the rugby club I just don't like the sport but I do sympathise with the fans of the club as this will bring about their demise.

You had disdain for the 90% of City fans who stayed away from Sixfields when SISU's antics were proving more destructive to CCFC than Wasps actions will for Coventry Rugby Club

letsallsingtogether

Fuck me the bloke been here 2 minutes and as far as I know he has done nothing to harm CCFC, yet people put him in the same bracket as Fisher and co who have nearly killed our club.

And the same people arguing this new cause are the ones who followed fisher and co to Northampton, who think Coventry is a shit hole full of Chavs pissheads and a stadium that is a white elephant. And they go on about the morals of franchise sport.

So I for one will be going to CRFC again this season but might also go and watch some prem rugby also....

Fuck me both have got to be better then what I get for my money watching Sisu FC

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Not when it helps legitimate the football club bogging off elsewhere permanently, no.

With the greatest of respect, that doesn't answer the point. This is a football forum. ACL has been partially purchased by a rugby club. Debate that by all means. But the football club is building it's own stadium. The football club and it's new stadium should be the talking point on here. If you don't believe there's a stadium, then criticise the owners for their stance. The council and/or Wasps may be culpable; but they got their chance to be so due to Fisher's stance

Mary_Mungo_Midge

With the greatest of respect, yes it does.

With the greatest of respect.

No. It just doesn't.

The owners of the club are building anew. Rejoice. If you don't believe they are, try aiming the level of criticism in their direction for their duplicity that you're happy to grace others - as ultimately it's the football club who have lost out

Users who are viewing this thread