If Bidwell had started the season (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

I am a huge fan of Bidwell and think he is one of the best left backs in the division. Love his attitude and he has quality as well.
I do think had we started with Bidwell this season ahead of Da Silva we would be at least 7-8 points better off.
This is NOT a criticism of our best manager of all time at all, the problem for any team bringing in so many new players in the summer is it takes time for everything to settle down and obviously Mark had a vision of how he wanted to play with expansive full backs, but Bidwell has been again absolutely top draw for us.
I would give him a contract extension for sure.

SBT

I’d love to see your working for him costing us 7-8 points on his own at the start of the season. But we obviously have a bit of a conundrum about how to use him going forward now we're committed to a back four. Viveash clearly believes in him but let's face it, no-one's upset if we manage to move him on in the summer.

messiahrobins

I’d love to see your working for him costing us 7-8 points on his own at the start of the season. But we obviously have a bit of a conundrum about how to use him going forward now we're committed to a back four. Viveash clearly believes in him but let's face it, no-one's upset if we manage to move him on in the summer.
Are you serious lol? Losing him would mean needing to replace him which means at least a £5m outlay to get comparable quality and no guarantee of getting in someone with his mentality which is proper 1980's old school as well.
Da Silva oth needs to be gone likeable chap that he is

Osullivan18

I'll be honest, I felt he was a weak link for us last season and was happy we replaced him. Like many many times before regarding players, I was wrong. This season he has been immense

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lots of ifs for the season,

If we had kept Hamer and if we had gone with Simms and Wright at the start of the season or sooner are the two bigs ones for me.

clint van damme

I am a huge fan of Bidwell and think he is one of the best left backs in the division. Love his attitude and he has quality as well.
I do think had we started with Bidwell this season ahead of Da Silva we would be at least 7-8 points better off.
This is NOT a criticism of our best manager of all time at all, the problem for any team bringing in so many new players in the summer is it takes time for everything to settle down and obviously Mark had a vision of how he wanted to play with expansive full backs, but Bidwell has been again absolutely top draw for us.
I would give him a contract extension for sure.

download-1.jpeg

Pusb1

i do also think (not hitting robins)

but robins inability to know our strongest team earlier in the season has impacted us

Had we have played Simms over Godden
Kitching over Fadz
Van Ewijk over Lati
Bidwell over Da silva

consistently. we would have picked up more points i am sure of that

persisted with Godden etc for way too long

Sick Boy

i do also think (not hitting robins)

but robins inability to know our strongest team earlier in the season has impacted us

Had we have played Simms over Godden
Kitching over Fadz
Van Ewijk over Lati
Bidwell over Da silva

consistently. we would have picked up more points i am sure of that

persisted with Godden etc for way too long
And Collins over Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread