If we lose tomorrow is the playoff dream over.. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueArmy12

I've been looking at the table and with all these teams around us having games in hand. If we lose tomorrow can we write off playoffs?, obviously if we do win it adds a massive amount of pressure for the other clubs to perform but I just think in my mind if we don't win tomorrow and other teams start getting point's from their games in hand, it looks a hell of a long shot.

PUSB!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Nope. We were 2nd from bottom when Robins took over and look at the ground we've made up. Few teams in this league are consistent enough in my opinion, and will drop far more points than we will. I still think us and Bournmouth will be in there come April. Could be wrong and we could tail off, but I don't see why we would or should.

Astute

The playoffs won't be out of reach if we lose. Just the same as we won't certainly make the playoffs if we win. There is still a long way to go. At least we are still slowly climbing the table.

League1Tour

Do you mean since the first 8 games when we only got 3 points or since then when we have reached the teams in the top 6?

Since the first 8 games, points on the board is brilliant but realitically we will fall welllllll back once games played are level

BackRoomRummermill

I've been looking at the table and with all these teams around us having games in hand. If we lose tomorrow can we write off playoffs?, obviously if we do win it adds a massive amount of pressure for the other clubs to perform but I just think in my mind if we don't win tomorrow and other teams start getting point's from their games in hand, it looks a hell of a long shot.

PUSB!

Utter Crap

Skyblue4u

Let's just wait for it to be mathematically impossible should it happen before we begin the doom and gloom posts shall we?

This board is fun at the moment don't try and spoil it for us success starved fans eh?

Macca

The less emotional answer is that any defeat at the moment would make it harder.

More fool you for asking a reasonable question

Astute

It is quite simple. I don't see 6 teams better than us. I don't even see 6 teams as good as us. I don't see 6 squads as strong as ours. I don't see 6 teams in better form than us. We have just about caught up with the top 6 with a lot of the season to go. In a few games time we could be aiming for the top 2 and not the top 6.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
More doom and gloom merchants! FFS!!! :facepalm: :mad:

Bluegloucester

It is quite simple. I don't see 6 teams better than us. I don't even see 6 teams as good as us. I don't see 6 squads as strong as ours. I don't see 6 teams in better form than us. We have just about caught up with the top 6 with a lot of the season to go. In a few games time we could be aiming for the top 2 and not the top 6.
Well said
PUSB

@richh87

Spot on. Who in this league is better than us? Nobody.

Grendel

We have virtually no chance of getting in the top 2. In fact we have virtually no chance of a top 5 finish. We have a slight opportunity of sneaking 6th place.

Heyzeuss84

I don't think defeat tomorrow will be the end of our chance just a slight set back. They'll be gunning for us tomorrow so I'd be more worried about injuries then a defeat. If we can pick up 4 points from the next 2 games I'd be more than happy with that. In terms of games in hand I think most will have to play each other and inevitably drop points so don't think it will be as bad as we think

Paxman II

No. As for the others? They are all looking a bit dodgy just now. Expect us to rumble on and certainly reach a play off place.

covcity4life

We care capable of winning 10 from 17 tho which is what I think well need

Be delighted with 3pts tmrw, takes pressure off sheff utd game

stupot07

We care capable of winning 10 from 17 tho which is what I think well need

Be delighted with 3pts tmrw, takes pressure off sheff utd game
I agree as long as we don't suffer any injuries. We've been extremely lucky that we haven't had an injury crisis this season.

Mr pot

My drive back from Preston if we lose will be more depressing just because we lost on the day. There is a long way left to go and I won't be measuring my disappointment by thinking that we'd just missed out on the playoffs tomorrow

Grendel

No. As for the others? They are all looking a bit dodgy just now. Expect us to rumble on and certainly reach a play off place.

Dodgy? Most have accumulated similar points to us in the last 10 games and still have games in hand.

Astute

We have virtually no chance of getting in the top 2. In fact we have virtually no chance of a top 5 finish. We have a slight opportunity of sneaking 6th place.

Is that the same as a couple of months ago when most on here thought that the top 6 this season was a thought for the deluded? Of course we will not win every game but neither will anyone else. Lately we are beating all the top sides. They also have to play each other.

Grendel

Is that the same as a couple of months ago when most on here thought that the top 6 this season was a thought for the deluded? Of course we will not win every game but neither will anyone else. Lately we are beating all the top sides. They also have to play each other.

We would have to win at least 15 of the last 17 to have any chance of a top 2 finish. Even then it probably would not be enough.

Astute

We would have to win at least 15 of the last 17 to have any chance of a top 2 finish. Even then it probably would not be enough.

So you know how the teams at the top will do and also know how the top 5 teams will do as well?

CarpyCov84

What a stupid post your asking a question that its pretty much obvious how can I be over with 17 games to go !!!!

Some people must lead some sad boring lives

Users who are viewing this thread