iFollow issues? (1 Viewer)

Jonny

Now I'm not sure if I'm being an idiot here, but I don't seem to be able to find the option to watch the game live? My Match Centre only allows me to listen to the live commentary, with no option around to watch it. I'm using a VPN with my location in America so I don't think that is what is causing the issue. Any help would be appreciated though!

skylark37

Clicking on live match centre just takes me to 'live text' with no listen or watch live links there.
Clicking top right on sign in / register goes to a page with "Your Access Is Restricted From This Location" on it.

Coventry city fans forum fb page also had their stream taken down.
:facepalm:

ccfcway

mine has dropped as well. Cant bear looking at the match day thread as it will be doom and gloom despite being in front. Radio commentary it is

PVA

Mine Isn't working tonight... Have they got clever with locations or just screwed it up?

I think they're on to it, first time I've had the message "Your Access Is Restricted From This Location" which suggests they're finding a way to block VPNs

skylark37

When I'm not "in Portugal" I use a premium VPN which I have paid for. Stream not there tonight not even an audio option, just no links. I wonder if it's just an ifollow error though.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Russel Slade must have got a job managing piracy at EFL ifollow.
“Russel, I want you to combat piracy of streams”
*viruses every ifollow stream, including those who’ve paid*

no_loyalty

More likely to be a Russian cyber attack

D

Deleted member 4439

I'd been using Hola on Chrome, but last night kept getting access denied even after reinstalling and clearing the cache. I changed to VPN free pro and it worked, before dropping in and out. I then disabled the extension and everything was fine? Odd.

Ifollow error, or targeting the most popular vpn extensions and are working down the list?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

IQuick theory question, on my colleague’s work laptop, ha, to access outlook, Skype, Microsoft etc, you have to connect to the work VPN which server is based in Holland of all places.

When you connect to the Work VPN, it says on BBC IPlayer etc that sorry iPlayer will only work in the UK due to rights issues and when you google search for my location on an IP checker, it flags up you’re in Holland.

On this basis is it worth giving my work laptop a go or does Ifollow read the location of the internet you’re using?
It didn’t even dawn on me to try this until this morning.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Your work network may however ban streaming sites

They have a good but odd policy, where they’ve allowed me to install anything I like on it, Spotify, WhatsApp etc and when I’m not on the work Ethernet or WiFi, it works on Facebook, Front Row Sports and the usual sports streaming stuff.
Just wondered how Ifollow are judging whether someone is in the UK or not as it seems now they’re looking at more than IP....

chiefdave

I get that they'd look to shut down things like the chap on facebook sharing with everyone but why would they be bothered about anyone who is paying.

konjickid

Had this problem yesterday too. It is not to do with using a VPN it’s just a bug in the app I think. There is a simple workaround I found if you are using Apple and this was to simply uninstall the ‘Coventry’ app, turn off VPN, reinstall from App Store and then turn VPN back on. Worked for me on both iPad and iPhone.

Nick

Administrator
People can also do it via who own's the IP address as well.

For example BBC and Netflix hammer complete IP ranges if they think they are dodgy and block them. I am not sure if iFollow will be as strict as they will about it BUT there will always be ways around it.

I've always used it through the browser rather than the app and it's been ok.

skyblu3sk

Hmmm I was using a browser with Strong VPN on Friday and was having the issues, Even changed to use googles DNS servers as that has caught out on Netflix previously. Nothing I tried worked. I have just swapped over to vigrin but would have thought a VPN wouldn't care about underlying provider as its a secure tunnel... odd one

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is there a rewind feature on ifollow?

I am expecting not, but due to a meeting I have tomorrow, I won't be able to start watching the game until about half time.

Kingokings204

Is there a rewind feature on ifollow?

I am expecting not, but due to a meeting I have tomorrow, I won't be able to start watching the game until about half time.

No and you don’t get the score or commentary either but that’s not a problem. It’s £5 a match.

I’ve done it about 6 times this season so not bad for £30.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, you can rewind and start it from the beginning or you can just skip back to any goals as they have the football icon on the timeline. Also any bookings.

I always rewind and then use slow mo to re-watch things then click "Live" to get back to the game.

skybluesam66

No and you don’t get the score or commentary either but that’s not a problem. It’s £5 a match.

I’ve done it about 6 times this season so not bad for £30.
there is - a bar at the bottom - you can go to wherever you want in the game, and the goals are highlighted on the bar

Users who are viewing this thread