I'M A CELEB... (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

I'm not making a statement, I'm referring to the reality prog. I can honestly say I've only ever watched about 6 or 7 episodes in its entire history but thought I'd have a peep this time round as there is some CCFC 'interest'.
Anyway, it looks like 'our' Den has been paired off with Vardy's bird.
*Apologies if there is already a thread on this*

Otis

I'm not making a statement, I'm referring to the reality prog. I can honestly say I've only ever watched about 6 or 7 episodes in its entire history but thought I'd have a peep this time round as there is some CCFC 'interest'.
Anyway, it looks like 'our 'Den has been paired off with Vardy's bird.
*Apologies if there is already a thread on this*
Never ever seen it and never ever want to. Avoid it like the plague to be honest.

I know if I watch it, it is going to be addictive, but I can't keep having chemical showers every week to wash away the dumbdownedness.

Seen clips and it looks awful. It's just that kind of addictive awful I think and that's the worst kind.

LastGarrison

Wise at 12's would be my value bet but Boris' Old Man would be the one I'd lump on.

Khan will get nailed with all of the trials.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can honestly say I've only ever watched about 6 or 7 episodes in its entire history
Bloody Hell!! That many???!!! I'm proud to say I've never watched a single one!! And before any smart arses ask how do I know what it's all about, I've been fed enough stupid trailers on TV between decent programs!
They should rename this claptrap "I'm a has-been and self-opinionated, semi-celebrity and I want to make a come back. Get me out of here!"

Otis

Just going to have a quick look at the line up and see how many people I know......

Captain Dart

Bloody Hell!! That many???!!! I'm proud to say I've never watched a single one!! And before any smart arses ask how do I know what it's all about, I've been fed enough stupid trailers on TV between decent programs!
They should rename this claptrap "I'm a has-been and self-opinionated, semi-celebrity and I want to make a come back. Get me out of here!"

Likewise, its one of those programs where I may have seen the odd 5 mins but wouldn't leave on any longer, I'd rather watch a 24 hr news feed.

PS They do it for money, 100K guaranteed fee and no doubt more from associated events & bookings.

Otis

Jack Maynard? Never heard of him. Jennie McAlpine, ditto.

Boris Johnson's dad? A celebrity? Really??

Jamie Lomas, Vanessa White, Georgia Toffolo, Rebekah Vardy, Kezia Dugdale, never heard of any of them.

Need now to get the anti bacterial gel out just for Googling that. ;)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Only one I didn't know was Jack Maynard, heard of his brother who's a singer.

Stanley Johnson will wear people thin, he'll start as a favourite but will wind viewers up.

Amir Khan isn't going to last 5 minutes in there!

oscillatewildly

The other thing for me is that as I don't follow celeb culture at all I really struggle to know who 2 thirds of them are. Same with Celebrity Big Brother.
Same as, Otis. Daughter bullied me into allowing her to stay up longer than she would normally (only til 10) She had to give me the lowdown on the majority, I was able to fill the small gaps with DW and AK.
That high rise plank challenge tho. Phew!

Otis

Same as, Otis. Daughter bullied me into allowing her to stay up longer than she would normally (only til 10) She had to give me the lowdown on the majority, I was able to fill the small gaps with DW and AK.
That high rise plank challenge tho. Phew!
Like I say, if I DID watch it I am sure it would be addictive and I do not want to be addicted to stuff like this when I have box sets like Alias Grace and Narcos to watch etc.

I avoid soaps for the exact same reason. You watch and then say nah, I won't watch again, but you then tune in just to see what happens next.

I had a mate of mine appear in Doctors, so watched to see him. Next thing you know I am watching every bloody day. Did it for about 3 weeks and then gave myself a slap in the face to knock myself out of it.

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

Like I say, if I DID watch it I am sure it would be additive and I do not want to be addicted to stuff like this when I have box sets like Alias Grace and Narcos to watch etc.

I avoid soaps for the exact same reason. You watch and then say nah, I won't watch again, but you then tune in just to see what happens next.

I had a mate of mine appear in Doctors, so watched to see him. Next thing you know I am watching every bloody day. Did it for about 3 weeks and then gave myself a slap in the face to knock myself out of it.
With you again! Altho I did go thru a brief phase (1985-86) mildly addicted to Brookside.
Did you need to seek your buddies advice on dealing with the lesion/bruising you undoubtedly caused yourself with your withdrawal method?

Otis

With you again! Altho I did go thru a brief phase (1985-86) mildly addicted to Brookside.
Did you need to seek your buddies advice on dealing with the lesion/bruising you undoubtedly caused yourself with your withdrawal method?
He wasn't a doctor in Doctors unfortunately. He was the racist living next door to the receptionist.

wingy

Like I say, if I DID watch it I am sure it would be additive and I do not want to be addicted to stuff like this when I have box sets like Alias Grace and Narcos to watch etc.

This is exactly how i've been feeling having watched that god awful Spanish drama 'i know who you are ' on BBC four on Saturday Nights.

mrtrench

I don't usually watch, but I do love a bet on things like this and I'm back on Betfair exchange. Early thoughts are that Wise is too long at 18s so I've backed him and am shorting the woman from Corrie at 5s. I assume it's the people that come across as OK people that usually win?

Astute

So other than Wise and Khan who is well known for who they are and what they do?

Otis

So other than Wise and Khan who is well known for who they are and what they do?
I looked them up and I believe a couple are from Coronation Street. As I don't watch soaps they were people I had never heard of.

With a name like Vardy, I can only surmise that Rebekah is in some way related to Jamie Vardy. Sister? Wife?

Don't see how some of these qualify as celebrities. It's the same with Big Brother. They announce the list and I just think who? who? and who?

Ian1779

I think they should mix this with a Hunger Games style format.... the winner is the last one alive.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Given that those who appear on this drivel are those who are relatives, friends, work colleagues etc of so-called real celebs, seeing as I used to deliver milk to the Krankies in St Martin's Road, would I be eligible to be on the show? :emoji_grin:

bringbackrattles

I never watch soaps or Big Brother type progs. My sister is addicted to watching soap operas, and I thought she was intelligent ! She laughs at me watching all Attenborough nature programmes, can't get enough of them. I guess we're all different at our viewing likes, but there is a lot of garbage on TV.

Otis

I never watch soaps or Big Brother type progs. My sister is addicted to watching soap operas, and I thought she was intelligent ! She laughs at me watching all Attenborough nature programmes, can't get enough of them. I guess we're all different at our viewing likes, but there is a lot of garbage on TV.
There is, BBR. Also think there are some great programmes about. If I watched soaps and reality TV stuff like Strictly, X Factor, I'm a Celebrity and Big Brother, I wouldn't have enough hours in the day to function.

Plenty enough for me at the moment.

New Star Trek
Designated Survivor
Walking Dead
Apprentice
Bounty Hunters
Sick Note
Dave Gorman
Alias Grace
American Football
999 What's your Emergency
Detector ists
Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath
Trump: An American Dream

More than enough on my plate without I'm a Celebrity etc.

NorthernWisdom

There is, BBR. Also think there are some great programmes about. If I watched soaps and reality TV stuff like Strictly, X Factor, I'm a Celebrity and Big Brother, I wouldn't have enough hours in the day to function.

Plenty enough for me at the moment.

New Star Trek
Designated Survivor
Walking Dead
Apprentice
Bounty Hunters
Sick Note
Dave Gorman
Alias Grace
American Football
999 What's your Emergency
Detector ists
Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath
Trump: An American Dream

More than enough on my plate without I'm a Celebrity etc.
Whilst I happily watch the Apprentice, I wouldn't exactly be calling it highbrow in comparison to reality TV!

Otis

Whilst I happily watch the Apprentice, I wouldn't exactly be calling it highbrow in comparison to reality TV!
Nope. I watch it to see them all get knocked down a peg or two and see them make fools of themselves.

It's the one bit of reality TV I can stomach and there is some hilarious stuff in it.
So far we have had: Fir trees? Do they grow fur on them then? And, did they have cars in medieval times?

Grendel

I gave up on it it’s now like one of those ghastky Made in Chelsea type programmes - it’s definitely scripted for entertainment impact. I’m surprised it lumbers on.

Otis

I gave up on it it’s now like one of those ghastky Made in Chelsea type programmes - it’s definitely scripted for entertainment impact. I’m surprised it lumbers on.
It's certainly not what it used to be and the quality of the candidates has gone right down.

Pretty much now only watch it for its comedic value. If it were a new programme I'd dump it, but then we are in territory of above aren't we and your watching stuff and then getting hooked.

I've stuck with many programmes I should have discarded long before they ran their course, Lost and TWD especially.

Same with Doctor Who. I grew up with it, it's been a part of my life for pretty much all my life so I stick with it like some sort of comfort blanket.

Otis

Apprentice is under.comedy in iPlayer now.
Certainly isn't serious. Some of the candidates are absolutely ludicrous and obviously there for their comedic value. Elizabeth being a case in point this time. She's really entertaining but hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of winning.

Think the Beeb have told Sugar that she's good for ratings, so they have left her in and he's not fired her.

Nick

Administrator
That Maynard lad kicked out for previous racist and homophobic comments up to six years ago.

Surely they should be screened before they go in?

Corrado

That Maynard lad kicked out for previous racist and homophobic comments up to six years ago.

Surely they should be screened before they go in?
Creates exactly what ITV want - a bit of controversy to get more people watching - any advertising is good advertising and all that

clint van damme

Given that those who appear on this drivel are those who are relatives, friends, work colleagues etc of so-called real celebs, seeing as I used to deliver milk to the Krankies in St Martin's Road, would I be eligible to be on the show? :emoji_grin:

then I definitely would watch it!

Users who are viewing this thread