I'm Ready To Take Charge - Thorn (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

cov_wat_6_c1265468_1144_454.jpg

Thorn will take the job if offered it

Coventry City Caretaker Andy Thorn has said that he is ready to take over as full time manager if the club want him to.
Thorn is on a five man short list and so far nothing has been said by the current board about next season.

Speaking to the Sunday Mercury, Andy Thorn said:

"I've said all along that I will do the job the club asked me to and wait for them to decide whether they want me to carry on through the summer.

"I have done most of the scouting work on players and targets and stuff like that, so all I need to do now is sit down and see where we stand with players who are out of contract. I'm ready to take that on board if and when the club want me to.

"But, yes, it's great having a glass of wine and a chat with the opposition manager afterwards and so far everybody has been very complimentary which is always nice."

Thorn on Harrison

Steve Harrison has come in for high praise from City caretaker manager Andy Thorn.
Speaking about Harrison to the Sunday Mercury, Thorn said:

"Harry has been massive.
"He was my coach at Crystal Palace when we had our successful years and he's absolutely top-drawer, one of the best I've ever worked with.
"I might be the one doing the chat before and after matches but his input has been crucial.

"I'm always bouncing things off him and he has the total respect of all the players, so he's a massive part of what we are trying to do here.

"The players had to take a lot on board very quickly because we didn't just want to stop the slide we wanted to introduce a totally new style of play. That wouldn't have been possible without a man of Harry's quality."

rob9872

I do hope that list is a joke. I'm not so wet behind the ears that there couldn't be other candiadates but any of those over Thorn would be an awful decision.

rob9872

can one of you 'tweeters' please point Brody in the direction of the site and in particular ensure he is aware of our feelings to not only sign up Thorn but how important Marlon is to what is happening and that we must find the money for him please

Jimthor

I know that Brody is aware of this website and has visited it before, although not sure if he is a frequent visitor! He's also been swamped by people on twitter talking about how important Marlon is to the side, and he's said they're working on it.

ccfcway

thorns going nowhere

they have to do the right thing and look at who is on offer.....

imagine they stopped looking as soon as Thorn took us to a draw at Burnley, we would all be up in arms nthat they did this based on one game..

fans want him, players want him, he is gaining points and is CHEAP

AngryAnt

WOW!

... That picture almost makes the stand look full!

:D:D:D

Oh yes, and sign him up! Or else you're muppets of the highest order.

SkyBlue_Am

Dont make the same mistake as letting Eric Black leave we must sign Thorn up!

Nonleagueherewecome

I didn't know Thorn worked with SH @Palace-that helps a lot. Explains a fair bit about their effectiveness as a team: if anything, Thorn is probably getting a lot more out of Harrison by allowing him more imput. Still, who would have thought Taylors No.2 and an ex-Crazy Gang CB could teach a side how to play this brand of footy!?

SIGN THEM UP SISU!

Kuklinski

It's a poisoned chalice no matter who gets the job if you bear in mind we could quite possibly lose 3 of our best players once the season ends, and it would appear we have no money. However, surely it makes sense to give Thorn the job considering he had an input in signing a lot of the players we have at the moment, and how he is getting the best out of them where Boothroyd had previously failed.

Rich

Remember when everyone was excited about Thorn signing as manager?

I really think the club should appoint the right guy this time and not bow to fan pressure.

Last edited:

Sutty

I got shouted down by some the other day when I said early Thorn was a refreshing change from AB.

Didn't work out long term of course.

Rich

me too, but is this all down to sisu and players and NOT andy thorn

Hmmm :thinking about: not sure I agree.

I think I made it clear just last week that while he was at the club I was a supporter as he was a member of the team that I support. Now he is gone I think we can slate him to fuck, the guy was an absolutely useless manager and what a poor example to set the lads as a right fatty.

Users who are viewing this thread