Imagine if Mike Ashley stepped in...... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hear he's close to selling Newcastle United (again).
I just wondered how you would feel if something like this suddenly happened : You wake up, turn on the radio and hear that Ashley is in talks with SISU to take over CCFC, just before the deadline with Wasps is about to expire . There are no other details about the stadium or how much money he might (though he is likely) to put in some. What would be your gut reaction ?
Do you think its got to be better than SISU or bloody hell, what are we getting into now ?
I guess I'm asking whether there any realistic circumstances where a completely new owner with no links to SISU could possibly be as disastrous. I bet there are , but I'd take the chance, as I can't see any way out of this current mess.

eastwoodsdustman

He put a decent amount into Newcastle didn’t he? Sadly, the Newcastle fans see themselves as potential champions league every year so are never happy with him in charge if he’s not throwing £100 million a season at the team.

Nick

Administrator
What do the Newcastle fans not like about him? Is it just wanting more money put in or more to it?

pusbccfc

What do the Newcastle fans not like about him? Is it just wanting more money put in or more to it?

Changing the name of St James's Park to Sports Direct arena didn't go down well.

Mike Ashley isn't a great owner, but he's 10x better than SISU.

Terry Gibson's perm

It would be better to have Ashley than Sisu or imagine if the oystons sold Blackpool and decided to team up with the bloke at charlton and come here hell on earth

Magwitch

He’d be okay in my opinion, controversial yes but he has put millions into Newcastle and last year they finished above half way I think. Also if he goes elsewhere once he leaves Newcastle he will want to do well, on a massive ego trip that guy. Oh and his wealth would blow cash strapped Wasps away, put it this way I don’t think ccfc would be just tennants for long.

Last edited:

ps1948

What an interesting question. I would not baulk at the idea of Ashley coming in here, as I think he's done pretty well keeping Newcastle where they are, although as others have rightly pointed out, he hasn't made himself overly popular with the fans.

I was listening to TalkSport yesterday and Simon Jordan, the ex-Palace Chair was on, and I was wondering if he would be interested in taking over the basket case that is CCFC, although he did seem to be holding out for a return to Palace, if their current owner/chair was to leave....

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

What an interesting question. I would not baulk at the idea of Ashley coming in here, as I think he's done pretty well keeping Newcastle where they are, although as others have rightly pointed out, he hasn't made himself overly popular with the fans.

I was listening to TalkSport yesterday and Simon Jordan, the ex-Palace Chair was on, and I was wondering if he would be interested in taking over the basket case that is CCFC, although he did seem to be holding out for a return to Palace, if their current owner/chair was to leave....

Wasn't Jordan supposed to have been looking at CCFC at some point in the last couple of years?

Forever_Blue

I hear he's close to selling Newcastle United (again).
I just wondered how you would feel if something like this suddenly happened : You wake up, turn on the radio and hear that Ashley is in talks with SISU to take over CCFC, just before the deadline with Wasps is about to expire . There are no other details about the stadium or how much money he might (though he is likely) to put in some. What would be your gut reaction ?
Do you think its got to be better than SISU or bloody hell, what are we getting into now ?
I guess I'm asking whether there any realistic circumstances where a completely new owner with no links to SISU could possibly be as disastrous. I bet there are , but I'd take the chance, as I can't see any way out of this current mess.
So you’ve heard the rumour too then?

stay_up_skyblues

Ashley would be welcome with open arms surely? As for Jordan, by his own admission, he hasn’t got a pot to piss in as regards buying a football club and there was no truth whatsoever in the “rumour” he was looking at Coventry. Regularly says on TalkSPORT financing Palace left him all but bankrupt in the end.

clint van damme

Ashley would be welcome with open arms surely? As for Jordan, by his own admission, he hasn’t got a pot to piss in as regards buying a football club and there was no truth whatsoever in the “rumour” he was looking at Coventry. Regularly says on TalkSPORT financing Palace left him all but bankrupt in the end.

not by me. Getting rid of one shower of shite bags just to swap them for another.
Don't think Ashley would touch us anyway, not without our own stadium, he's as hard a nosed business man as they come.

stay_up_skyblues

Totally agree he wouldn’t even think of us however he would surely look to make some money and so would (in theory) secure some form of ground ownership and/or invest sufficiently to have a go at two promotions before selling on? It’s all a moot point obviously but I would swap the current lot for Ashley tomorrow given the chance.

clint van damme

Totally agree he wouldn’t even think of us however he would surely look to make some money and so would (in theory) secure some form of ground ownership and/or invest sufficiently to have a go at two promotions before selling on? It’s all a moot point obviously but I would swap the current lot for Ashley tomorrow given the chance.

to be honest I probably would, though I don't think supporters of Newcastle or Rangers would think that is a wise idea.

Warwickhunt

not by me. Getting rid of one shower of shite bags just to swap them for another.
Don't think Ashley would touch us anyway, not without our own stadium, he's as hard a nosed business man as they come.
He will start to circle when WASPs start to struggle financially

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread