Inspector Howard Lewis-Jones (1 Viewer)

jesus-wept

This is the name of the officer, head of Events and Planning Unit Operations Department. This is who Tim Fisher will meet or has met to discuss the crucial aspect of policing any shared ground in the West Midlands. Should any on here have concerns especially for their safety i suggest you make those concerns known.

The address is Police Headquarters, Lloyd House, PO Box 52, Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham. B4 6NQ

e-mail [email protected]

This is the name of the officer, head of Events and Planning Unit Operations Department. This is who Tim Fisher will meet or has met to discuss the crucial aspect of policing any shared ground in the West Midlands. Should any on here have concerns especially for their safety i suggest you make those concerns known.

The address is Police Headquarters, Lloyd House, PO Box 52, Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham. B4 6NQ

e-mail [email protected]

Could try a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

jesus-wept

His views, opinions or decisions will not be secret, if he realises the strength of feeling of supporters that will have to be taken into consideration. Another avenue is Bob Jones our police commissioner who is resonsible amongst other things for the financial costs. I am on his case too, may i suggest others do the same. Take one battle at a time and playing at the Ricoh at the moment is the most important, lets win that one then move on to something else.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What is it you want to ask the police? If we play outside of Cov, fans won't go. Reduced crowds, less chance of it kicking off. Less police presence required.

Yes there may be an increased 'chance' of the supporters of the team who's Ground we're playing at turning up looking for trouble, but is that likely to happen every time we play there? I doubt.

As long as CCFC Ltd agree to pay West Midlands Police what is required, I cannot see the Police having an issue.

oakey

You have to factor in that we may organise protests outside the ground chosen. I would think it would be easy to get a few hundred outside the ground. That would be a headache for security, no question.

What is it you want to ask the police? If we play outside of Cov, fans won't go. Reduced crowds, less chance of it kicking off. Less police presence required.

Yes there may be an increased 'chance' of the supporters of the team who's Ground we're playing at turning up looking for trouble, but is that likely to happen every time we play there? I doubt.

As long as CCFC Ltd agree to pay West Midlands Police what is required, I cannot see the Police having an issue.

I thought the idea was to find out what Mr Fisher has been up to.

Hobo

The police only deal with health and safety aspect and law and order. I don't see the relevance of fans protesting to them about ground sharing.

ccfcway

The police only deal with health and safety aspect and law and order. I don't see the relevance of fans protesting to them about ground sharing.

Dear Mr Policeman

Cov fans arent happy about this, and we will be arranging a protest outside the "ground of choice" every game that CCFC play at "HOME".

Not saying that hundreds will stand outside Wallsall, but they will have to take into account stregth of feeling for something like this

torchomatic

Coming soon to ITV 1.

I would say more chance of kicking off, if fans travel to protest but not enter the ground as has been suggested, so additional policing without the ticket income to pay for it. Only losers = SISU. Unless they decide not to pay the police as they argue that the costs do not reflect a League 1 club.

lordsummerisle

Bit of a career change for him, though to be fair never really liked him previously, but oddly prophetic on this one@

[video=youtube;-OO9LloDSJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OO9LloDSJo[/video]

RegTheDonk

I suppose the Legion could smash up the ground at our first "home" match so we don't get asked back.

But seriously folks, no point contacting WMP. Insp Jones won't have any input on ground sharing, his task will be to draw up an operational plan for policing games. He won't have any influence on where we play, only if its safe and secure to do so.

And if it IS at a current west mids ground, the existing operational order for that ground will only need modifying to accommodate when we are at "home". The Operations Dept are continually having to draft up plans for far more high profile events than us not playing at the Ricoh - like EDL protests, the ICC cricket that's going on, finding cover for the plod who have gone to assist on the G8 summit. Its just another job to them, regardless of where we play, and they won't want to get involved in any "political" decisions that are down to the FL.

Sba180

We don't have a ground to share or a ground within the 30 mile radius to police. The only viable option that is giving CCFC permission to use is the Ricoh. Haven't Walsall already said no to us?

letsallsingtogether

Tim Fisher himself said at the forums it was not Walsall and not the Ricoh and we all believe what he says right.

And yes if out of Cov we all need to go and demonstrate outside more fans out then in........

Logistical nightmare for the police they are already short staffed and if there is another game on in the area even better

We don't have a ground to share or a ground within the 30 mile radius to police. The only viable option that is giving CCFC permission to use is the Ricoh. Haven't Walsall already said no to us?

lordsummerisle

I called 999 earlier asking to discuss it as a matter of urgency.

They didn't seem to think it was an emergency and told me if I called again that they would press charges for wasting police time.

They haven't got a clue, call it a free country??

Users who are viewing this thread