Interesting Article offering hope (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

"a supportive local council"

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
A good number of those who went did so to help demonstrate the club's potential fan base but won't be back for the next home match against Lincoln nor further games whilst Sisu remain at the helm.

So people went to the Accrington game as some sort of protest to show potential? Didn't see any mention of that anywhere.

I'm not too sure what light it gives us in our situation though, we all know it needs somebody with more money than sense. What hope does it give?

ccfcway

""The key for ccfc fans is not to lose heart. Fan power really can deliver. Don't resort to ridiculous tactics. Do it in humorous ways that can catch the eye."

like whistles or pitch invasions.

Otis

I don't think Fan Power is going to deliver a new stadium.
Yup. NPower perhaps, but not fan power.

Where is there left now anyway? The council is building like crazy and it's mainly student accommodation.

There surely is no land left to be had in and around the city centre.

chiefdave

Wasn't the new ground paid for by a super rich fan who pretty much gifted it to them? We'll be waiting a long time if that's our plan.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't the new ground paid for by a super rich fan who pretty much gifted it to them? We'll be waiting a long time if that's our plan.

Yep, just read he paid for the stadium and training ground on a long term interest free loan.

It's all well and good saying persist with fanpower, but unless you have fanpower with as Wingy says £150m to give away burn you aren't going to do much.

That's why the situations are nothing alike and I can't see why it should give us "hope" as the closest we have got to that is Dale Evans.

Sky Blue Harry H

The thing is, if I did have £60M to bequest my beloved City, I wouldn't want to hand it over to the current owners - how much of it would reach the team? No, it will have to be a buy out of some sort. Next season (with the 1 year agreement in place) should give us some clues re direction - please God, surely?

shmmeee

Yup. NPower perhaps, but not fan power.

Where is there left now anyway? The council is building like crazy and it's mainly student accommodation.

There surely is no land left to be had in and around the city centre.

What have the council built outside of Friargate?

shmmeee

We should just invest in a giant jam jar to put over the Ricoh until the oxygen runs out and the wasps die.

And then buy it with money we don’t have at high interest rates and lose money on running costs because we don’t even quarter fill it.

Genius. Up there with “break the lease no one else wants it” as quality business advice.

FFS our problems certainly didn’t start with Wasps, why the hell would they stop with them going? Just a red herring from those that would rather attention isn’t on our owners. Sad how many fall for it.

Nick

Administrator
If I won the Euromillions tonight, let's say £100m I'd rather build the infrastructure ready ;) Decent Stadium, training ground with indoor pitch for the academy etc. Make them both very community focused with the gyms and facilities open to the public to bring some money in from the start. Basically steal all of the Higgs custom as well.

It would all be ready and in place then for Seppalla to start being pulled over with dead bodies and bags of coke in her boot*

*If she ever goes get pulled over and that is found, this is just a co-incidence and maybe I have watched too much TV.

Liquid Gold

And then buy it with money we don’t have at high interest rates and lose money on running costs because we don’t even quarter fill it.

Genius. Up there with “break the lease no one else wants it” as quality business advice.

FFS our problems certainly didn’t start with Wasps, why the hell would they stop with them going? Just a red herring from those that would rather attention isn’t on our owners. Sad how many fall for it.
I bet you're fun at parties.

chiefdave

You'd have to put the stadium ownership into a trust or something similar so that any current or future owner couldn't sell it / finance against it.

Nick

Administrator
You'd have to put the stadium ownership into a trust or something similar so that any current or future owner couldn't sell it / finance against it.

Yeah it would need something like that to say it belongs to CCFC, no ifs or buts and can never be separated or just keep it seperate and let them play there and get the profit.

wingy

Really think and said at the time that's what CCC should have done when we were away.
Every ST holder/Trust member automatically own the ground, never to be sold or financed on.

TLO

I think many of you are missing the point of Paul Samrah's words.

The fact that Tony Bloom came along and pumped his £250m (so far) in isn't the central issue. It was about the fact that Tony Bloom was able to build a stadium for club that actually existed. Without the Brighton fans' campaigning, there would be no Brighton & Hove Albion.

His point being that if you wish for Coventry City to progress and flourish once again, you don't necessarily need uber-millions; more a dedicated group of people who have the best interests of the club at heart. The level of success will be largely (though not completely) determined by how much is put in by an ambitious, but right-thinking benefactor.

Getting Coventry City to the PL might be a long way away right now - and way beyond the immediate plans, but having a well-run, inclusive football club, where the many get a say is surely the first step. From there, the possibilities are endless.

Good luck from here on in - after tomorrow, that is...

Nick

Administrator
I still don't see how this is like CCFC though if we have plenty of fans with the best of the interest of the club at heart, what difference will be made?

Captain Dart

Otis

What have the council built outside of Friargate?
There's loads going on, Shmmeee. Belgrade Plaza, opposite the swimming baths, old postal sorting office, all down the bottom of Gosford Street, by the science/technology park, opposite the transport museum.

Nick

Administrator
Are you still waiting for SISU to build one?

Where have I said that?

In fact it's pointless me asking as I am still waiting for you to explain why you needed 2 accounts on a forum for a football team you have no interest in and clearly don't watch.

Amazing how people pushing things like to pipe up.

Terry_dactyl

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think Mr Samrah fails to understand what is and what has been at CCFC. To be fair why would he have an in depth knowledge. Applying the B&HA experience to CCFC is simply not going to work or even be realistic when the objectives of the current CCFC owners are not anything to do with football or the team. It offers no hope at all I am afraid

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
B&HA FC saved by the promotion to the Premiership - for now. The debt levels are eye watering on the back of annual losses of 30M. It will be interesting to see how their 2018 figures turn out and indeed if they stay in the Premiership

Terry Gibson's perm

If I won the Euromillions tonight, let's say £100m I'd rather build the infrastructure ready ;) Decent Stadium, training ground with indoor pitch for the academy etc. Make them both very community focused with the gyms and facilities open to the public to bring some money in from the start. Basically steal all of the Higgs custom as well.

It would all be ready and in place then for Seppalla to start being pulled over with dead bodies and bags of coke in her boot*

*If she ever goes get pulled over and that is found, this is just a co-incidence and maybe I have watched too much TV.

Did the cocaine part of the story come from 2003 as he was set up

bringbackrattles

By the Squirrel pub in the city centre they're building a water park. I was looking at it recently and thought what a great site that would have been for our new ground ? Perfect for everyone to get too just like Highfield Road was.

Captain Dart

By the Squirrel pub in the city centre they're building a water park. I was looking at it recently and thought what a great site that would have been for our new ground ? Perfect for everyone to get too just like Highfield Road was.
Do you need specs, that site is no where near big enough. :emoji_construction_worker:

Users who are viewing this thread