Interview with Reece Charles-Cook (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Not a lot in there about Coventry, he was never a great keeper, had a good start but never kicked on... As he alluded to he had an attitude when dropped which probably didn't help.

Calista

Interesting interview. I think RCC is likeable, and a good enough keeper to make a successful career. He admits he responded badly when dropped at CCFC, but he was young and to be fair he says he's learned from it.

Joy Division

His downfall was not developing his game whilst he was number 1 here at the time. Burge did and took his spot, a lesson for any young footballer really.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

His downfall was not developing his game whilst he was number 1 here at the time. Burge did and took his spot, a lesson for any young footballer really.

^ this. Burge has excelled.

I didn't think he was that bad. A bit small, and sometimes hesitant when coming off his line to either punch away a corner / smother, but other than that, a decent shot-stopper when required. Definite League 1/2 level for now, though.

Winny the Bish

I always liked RCC, mainly because he was willing to have the ball at his feet and was a decent shot-stopper. He just made mistakes at the worst times which was his downfall.

Will always remember that record-breaking run of clean sheets.

skybluegod

I always liked RCC, mainly because he was willing to have the ball at his feet and was a decent shot-stopper. He just made mistakes at the worst times which was his downfall.

Will always remember that record-breaking run of clean sheets.

I never liked him that much. Never disliked him either. Just didn't see anything that made me think he was ever going to make it long-term. His main asset was his distribution, but at the end of the day it's probably the least important attribute for a goalkeeper.

He never really made any great saves, and never seemed to get near any penalties except for Swansea in the Checkatrade. Wish him all the best but think as said Burge has really developed, compared to RCC

D

Deleted member 2477

Decent shot stopper but was calamity Jane when it came to distribution. How many stupid goals did he give away by wanting to roll the ball out to defenders or trying to drible past a striker.

Just wasnt good enough im afraid

skyblueelephant76

I never liked him that much. Never disliked him either. Just didn't see anything that made me think he was ever going to make it long-term. His main asset was his distribution, but at the end of the day it's probably the least important attribute for a goalkeeper.

He never really made any great saves, and never seemed to get near any penalties except for Swansea in the Checkatrade. Wish him all the best but think as said Burge has really developed, compared to RCC

Yeah, never really made any great saves...

skybluegod

Yeah, never really made any great saves...

One save? In the centre of the goal? Did well to adjust his feet, decent save. I didn’t expect the post to be taken so literally.

If a 6 second clip is all you have to back up him being a good keeper then my point is proven

edgy

He was as good, if not better than Burge, during his time here. I prefered him to Burge, in all honesty, at that point in time.

superskyblue

He was as good, if not better than Burge, during his time here. I prefered him to Burge, in all honesty, at that point in time.
I did too and was very surprised Burge was kept ahead of him. Not disappointed in that decision now though.

PVA

Some people on here were saying as recently as the beginning of this season that they'd rather have RCC than Burge. The love in for him was really weird, he was a poor keeper.

skyblueelephant76

One save? In the centre of the goal? Did well to adjust his feet, decent save. I didn’t expect the post to be taken so literally.

If a 6 second clip is all you have to back up him being a good keeper then my point is proven
Calm down, calm down! I never said he was a good keeper, he did have some good games and did make some excellent saves but was rarely totally convincing. There wasn't much in it between him and Burge when he was here but Burge has developed and RCC never really pushed on.

Oh, and there is also a much longer video on Youtube but the title is bordering on being racist so I'm not going to post it and he also saved a penalty against Wigan in the League :)

Adge

I did too and was very surprised Burge was kept ahead of him. Not disappointed in that decision now though.
Yep, I also wanted Burge to be gone instead of him, but have seen Burge come on over the last year or so-fair play to him.

covcity4life

he was better than burge back then. burge only really made improvements from checkatrade trophy final onwards and hes still not perfect. Had rcc been number 1 he may have had same upturn in performances who knows

good luck to him in rest of his career

Joy Division

he was better than burge back then. burge only really made improvements from checkatrade trophy final onwards and hes still not perfect. Had rcc been number 1 he may have had same upturn in performances who knows

good luck to him in rest of his career

He had an entire season as number 1 and never showed much sign of improvement, if anything he got worse. Correct decision to let him go.

covcity4life

He had an entire season as number 1 and never showed much sign of improvement, if anything he got worse. Correct decision to let him go.

never said it wasnt a correct decision. but it was 5050 toss up between him and burge most weeks so good luck to him in rest of his career

Fergusons_Beard

Speak volumes that he’s best remembered for demonstrating his mad ball juggling skills at half time warm ups than beating Oggy’s consecutive clean sheet record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread