Is Aaron Martin fit yet ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

if he is I'd bring him in. Underrated and solid before his injury.

Lord_Nampil

Bad form started when he got injured! Lost 5 won 2 drew 3 since he's been out! Start him on Saturday not sure who with!

stupot07

Martin has to come back in. I always had reservations about bringing in cargill, 19's very young to play centre back, he and Stephens (albeit has a bit of experience) are always going to make mistakes given their young age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

I've only seen them in the last 2 home games but preferred the look of Jack Stephens than cargill overall. Neither are particularly dominant in the air, but Stephens reminds me of Cranie in his reading of the game and his ability in the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sperrin07

Cargills more dominant in air and his passings very good all ranges. Stephens is neat n tidy but not big or strong enough

no_loyalty

Martin and Ricketts as the centre half pairing for me, with Lorentzon at right back. Although Cargill and Stephens have done well, I'd give them a rest at the weekend

CJ_covblaze

My back 4 atm would be Lorentzson, Martin (if fit), Stevens, Stokes.

Hcut PUSB

Who has been the better of Stephens and Cargill to date? Not seen either of them yet. Agree, Martin has to come in on Saturday

They are both good prospects, Cargill for me has been better in the air and the better footballer, good distribution and reasonable vision. I think either one would prosper in a stronger back four.

CJ_covblaze

That would be good, but I don't think TM will drop Ricketts?

I think he has to. He's not even getting the basics right. Simple 10 yard passes are going to the opposition or out of play. He's getting beaten regularly in the air. Making wrong/poor choices. Not leading the line. Scuffing/slicing clearances. Not picking up his man or allowing his man to go free both from open play and dead ball defensive situations. Getting distracted/not concentrating. Getting muscled off the ball and losing it more often than not. I know he's his captain but nobody is an automatic pick. He was rubbish on Tuesday and has been for months.

Ricketts' battle against Rico Henry is a prime example. He lost more than he won in the air, got out smarted and got bullied off the ball. Rico Henry is a good prospect but he's an 18 year old full back with 30 professional games to his name (at the time), 5 ft 10 and about 3 stone wet through. It was comical. Maybe he needs a rest. How many games has he played? Either that or a rocket up his arse.

Phillips was hammered by many for doing some of the things listed above but not all of them and at least he offered more going forwards.

Whilst we're taking about the defence, any idea when Willis is back?

Last edited:

rupert_bear

The best centre half we have had since Martin got injured is Chris Stokes by a mile. Our defence is still weak, if it was up to me I'd play Martin and Stokes centre and Cargill or Ricketts at left back, Stephens in front and Vincelot alongside him and try to be rock solid at the back can then go with any three from, Fleck, Rose, Lamieras, Cole, Maddison, Hunt, Murphy

CJ_covblaze

Normally on Thursdays aren't they?

SkyBlue_Bear83

The best centre half we have had since Martin got injured is Chris Stokes by a mile. Our defence is still weak, if it was up to me I'd play Martin and Stokes centre and Cargill or Ricketts at left back, Stephens in front and Vincelot alongside him and try to be rock solid at the back can then go with any three from, Fleck, Rose, Lamieras, Cole, Maddison, Hunt, Murphy

That is an awful idea

Otis

Ricketts at left back? Thought we were supposed to be doing damage limitation, not exasperate the situation.

Have either of that two ever played left back?

Otis

Okay, just checked and Cargill has played left back, but Ricketts, good God no. Has he ever kicked the ball with his left foot?

He's slow enough as it is. Can you imagine some winger trying to run past him and Ricketts having to try and tackle him with his wrong leg?

When people ask me in the street, what's gone wrong with the City I say 'We've got Ricketts.'

no_loyalty

I wouldn't have Hunt in the match day squad, he is garbage

Users who are viewing this thread