Is Greggs MIA? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curly_tom

Who has apologised for using it?

I’m not offended if someone calls me it
The fact that you aren't offended by it, doesn't mean that is not offensive language. The people more likely to be offended are those who have disability or whose family and friends might have disability. I don't know you or your situation of course but to imply that this word (and those like it) aren't offensive because you were called it and you weren't offened is short-sighted at best.

Grendel

What the fuck?

You've spent the day defending a racist comment and have now moved on to defending use of the word retard.

This is ridiculous.

So the person who said retard and gay are generic comments you don’t agree with?

rob9872

I think these days it’s more likely to be subtle.

I was born in the mid-80s and growing up the ‘p-word’ was much more common and widely used. My first couple of girlfriends were Indian so I got into a few fights with morons openly using it.
Unfortunately still goes on mate. My wife is a nanny to two Pakistani boys aged 4 & 2. Some kids in town openly in front of her and them said she was a P shagger. Not only wrong to say, but factually wrong and also upset her that she couldn't challenge them not only for the backlash, but not fair on the boys and also not wanting to have to explain what was going on to the older lad, so she simply moved on. These weren't particularly old and if that's public, can only imagine what's said with nobody about. Sickening and sad in equal measure.

Marty

There’s a thread totally dedicated to the sexualisation of women which has been going for years

I 100% agree with this, a thread I shamefully used to post on myself, you grow and change, but some of the regular posters on that thread are 50+ and should really know better.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

curly_tom

Retard is a generic term for mockery like calling someone gay - it’s perfectly acceptable
Are you joking? Progress has clearly passed you by. This is pretty shocking to me that you think calling someone gay as an insult is acceptable. When my kids cam e home from school calling each other gay we had a lot of chat about it and it didn't take that long for them to understand how this kind of 'mockery' is not acceptable (they were about 9 and 11), it continues a feeling that gay people are somehow figures of fun and to call a straight person gay is definitley homophobic.

Grendel

Are you joking? Progress has clearly passed you by. This is pretty shocking to me that you think calling someone gay as an insult is acceptable. When my kids cam e home from school calling each other gay we had a lot of chat about it and it didn't take that long for them to understand how this kind of 'mockery' is not acceptable (they were about 9 and 11), it continues a feeling that gay people are somehow figures of fun and to call a straight person gay is definitley homophobic.

I didn’t say it. Sorry I forgot the quotation marks. Poor PVA will be exposed as a hypocrite if he doesn’t show revulsion for the person who did.

I think this thread has gone far enough. I don't think Greggs has been banned unless he was mistakenly associated with boosh.

He'll be back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread