Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Is Marlon King away on Sunday?

He would be guaranteed to score against us so good news if true.
 
He's not in the Jamaican squad
 
A good job too! Seeing as we let the only CB who could play him out of the game, go!(Edje)
 
Actually I've now found an article stating he has been! Who knows?
 
He is not picked for Jamaica....

From the Jamaica Gleaner


Mattocks hoping to make impact for Boyz

Published: Wednesday | October 9, 2013 Comments 0






KANSAS CITY, Kansas:
Boy and Vancouver Whitecaps forward Darren Mattocks believes that things are perfectly set up for him to start and make an impact in Jamaica's World Cup qualifier in Kansas on Friday afternoon against the United States of America.
Reasoning that with more senior attacking players, Luton Shelton, Marlon King and Jermaine Beckford, out of the squad, then he should feature in the game where a win for a Jamaica and a failure to win by both Mexico and Panama could keep the Reggae Boyz' chances of advancing to the 2014 Brazil World Cup alive.
"First of all, it is a bittersweet situation. We have lost a lot of experience with King, Shelton and Beckford out. These players have played at a higher level and can bring something to any team," said the man who was last year named Rookie of the Year in the Soccer (MLS) and voted top player in the League under the age of 24.
"On the other hand, I see this opportunity as a chance to do what I can do, especially with the form I am in. It is never good when people are out, but it is an opportunity. I feel it. I just feel it," added Mattocks.

The fact that the game is being played in the United States, where the native starred for Akron University in the Collegiate League, and a place where he plays most of his matches in the MLS, is also a situation that suits him, said Mattocks.
"I am hoping to get a chance on Friday. It would be good to get that chance against the US in the US because this is like my stomping ground. I have played against most of the players in the US squad who play in the MLS, so I know how to play them. These are players I play against and dominate. I have also played in Kansas City and done well," said the former Bridgeport High School star.
"I am feeling the best I have felt all season. I am really impressed with the way I am feeling and playing right now," the 23 year-old added.
 
Doesn't matter, if he doesn't score Doyle will
 
fuk sake,, he will cause us reall issues, especially as webster is only proper CB
 
I thought jamaica said he'd never play for them again after his 'incidents' and incarceration.
 
I thought jamaica said he'd never play for them again after his 'incidents' and incarceration.

Haha, is that because they're a country full of clean living individuals?!
 
How is it racist?! Look up the crime rate - nothing to do with race.
 
Edj was a very, very, average defender. Who was rightly released.

Average, but better than we have at the moment.
Teams just keep putting the ball in now as we lack authority in the penalty area.
 
btw at no point was i being serious, made me giggle my ass off mind you.

kg you are a veteran poster,you must know my MO by now!
 
Last edited:
Aye, I'm a bit touchy today for some reason, must be my time of the month...


... And before anyone else says it - sexist
 

miss-the-point2.jpg
 
The fact you googled 'you missed the point' then used the first available image, that itself portrays your level of intellect.
 
I don't think he did, I just overreacted!

Sooo anyway, king not in the Jamaican squad... Will he start against us?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom