Is the Football League complict too ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

If ACL think NTFC is complict in agreeing to the "groundshare" and can be sued, is the Football League equally complict in allowing this and could they also be sued ?

chiefdave

If ACL think NTFC is complict in agreeing to the "groundshare" and can be sued, is the Football League equally complict in allowing this and could they also be sued ?

I think this can also be taken as a warning shot to the FL, they seem to be in fear of SISU taking them to court so if they now think ACL will take them to court as well maybe they'll start making sensible decisions rather than ones they think will give them the least hassle.

At the moment ACL can't do much as the FL have been keen to stress they have only said we can play at Northampton not that we have to. Given the timing, with ACL meeting the FL on Monday, it's likely that this was done also to send a message to the FL.

Tonylinc

It seems to me that the FL are spineless bastards and will bow to the greatest pressure. Lets just therefore that ACL can more pressure upon them than Shitzu. I certainly won't be holding my breath though.

Interesting point. The FL is usually fireproof due to there "No member club can sue the FL" rule, but this could happen as ACL are not.

Been told today that the football league have no money and are running scared of the litigation that Sisu will put them under

Running out of money? You're having a giraffe. with all he money they pocket out of league cup games ( third of the attendances I believe) for doing sweet FA.

BrisbaneBronco

Was thinking that myself VOR.
If ACL do not get what they want from FL I can see this happening.
Also, what about Appleton?, he may well have acted within the law, but I feel his decision was made without access to all information, such as accounts which were apparently requested numerous times and not provided. Would these have shown when certain things were transferred between Ltd and Holdings etc?
Also how can he allow, SISU/Otium etc to go ahead with purchasing rights to assets in Limited when still in admin? And go ahead with GS when still in Limited. Appleton should still be calling the shots.

chiefdave

the FL have said in the past the reason the F&P test is basically self certification and everyone passes is that they couldn't afford to defend a lengthy court case. Seems all the money they receive is being used on running costs, most likely large salaries for those making the decisions.

would be SISU form to threaten to drag them through the courts but if they think they're going to end up in court either way they might as well do the right thing.

Snozz_is_god

This is going to end up with litigation coming in from all angles, it's going to get very nasty and could have a long standing affect on the Football League and the game as we know it.

Basucally the courts are going to have to sort this mess out. I seem to remember this being predicted way back in March. Do you all have your custard pies ready?

OK quick question....if the FL/ACL/SISU ect, do go to court and NTFC pull away from the deal with less than 4 weeks from the start of the season, where do we play? Can we sign players? Would we have a kit, ST's? I agree that something has to be done but if we do not fulfill our fixtures, will we get points reduction or worse be expelled from the league?

One thing for sure is that it will now get very very messy - if it was not my team it would be fascinating to watch and see how this all plays out.

In addition I think NTFC need to walk away now, otherwise they will be drawn into this sorry mess and their club/fans will be affected...dance with the devil and all that.

I agree that the FL have not done enough due diligence on SISU/Otium, they are only interested in fulfilling their fixtures so it does not affect their competition and their members...whether that is enough to bring them to the table and change their mind is another thing, the one thing I know from dealing with these types from the BFA (Birmingham Football Association) is that as a member (club) you really do not have a leg to stand on and it is take it or be fined or expelled - but as someone mentioned earlier, as a private company (ACL), that is a different scenario, and I want to see those bastards squirm...

Sky Blue Pete

Really perplexed about all this. I want my club back and the only way this seems likely to happen is to be liquidated. The only other solution is Sisu selling up. Can only see one of these happening and it will be disaster short term

RogerH

Interesting point. The FL is usually fireproof due to there "No member club can sue the FL" rule, but this could happen as ACL are not.

If SISU/Otium are deemed to be the owners of the golden share by the FL, does that mean that Otium, or any SISU associated company cannot sue the FL? If this is true, will have implications for tomorrow's meeting between ACL and the FL. Strengthens ACL's hand?

This whole business has the potential to call into question the governance of football in this country, if it actually forces the FL to do their job properly then some good may come of it.

The CCFC soap opera continues.

Colin1883

Everyone who actively takes part in the demise of ccfc is complicit,
From sisu to the administrator,
Football league to ntfc to nopm to ACL it's just a degree of intent.

Nopm... If the club is going to die, its best done by my hand...

RogerH

Organisations such as are involved in the CCFC saga get away with things largely because nobody monitors what they do, and importantly nobody challenges them.

Now we are seeing challenges to SISU/Otium, FL. SISU/Otium in particular are not used to, and will not be comfortable with the scrutiny they are under. The FL have acted as they have because they thought SISU/Otium would go to law. I don't think they expected to be challenged by ACL. This puts them between a rock and a hard place, whatever they do is likely to lead to litigation. As far as SISU/Otium is concerned, I wonder how much digging it would take to find things they need to keep hidden.

Tomorrow's meeting is crucial to how this saga will turn out, I think there are many twist and turns, and possibly a few surprises ahead.

Skybluesquirrel

The FL don't have that much money. The FA and Premier League and the the top clubs keep most of it for themselves.

The FL are worth about £1.2 million before pension liabilities are taken into account. They had a 'profit' last year of £160,000.

They can't afford the legal battle they themselves have allowed to develop...

Samo

If SISU/Otium are deemed to be the owners of the golden share by the FL, does that mean that Otium, or any SISU associated company cannot sue the FL? If this is true, will have implications for tomorrow's meeting between ACL and the FL. Strengthens ACL's hand?

This whole business has the potential to call into question the governance of football in this country, if it actually forces the FL to do their job properly then some good may come of it.

The CCFC soap opera continues.

Can anyone clarify this? If true this is crucial. Could one of our legal minded posters comment on this please? Perhaps SISU would pull another 'this part of the company is not the club' bollocks and sue the FL through that?

chiefdave

Can anyone clarify this? If true this is crucial. Could one of our legal minded posters comment on this please? Perhaps SISU would pull another 'this part of the company is not the club' bollocks and sue the FL through that?

It's nothing to do with law it's a FL rule. remember Leeds started making threats and the league told them go any further and you'll find yourself without a golden share.

Samo

It's nothing to do with law it's a FL rule. remember Leeds started making threats and the league told them go any further and you'll find yourself without a golden share.

So are you saying there is no way a SISU company can sue the FL? I've been reading for months that the FL are in mortal fear of SISU litigation! If that is rubbish then things look very different. Not least because ACL are free to sue them.

chiefdave

So are you saying there is no way a SISU company can sue the FL? I've been reading for months that the FL are in mortal fear of SISU litigation! If that is rubbish then things look very different. Not least because ACL are free to sue them.

I think the situation is more a case that SISU are threatening court action if they don't get the golden share. if they have it they have no need to take action, if they don't have it then they aren't a member of the FL and can't have it taken off them.

Users who are viewing this thread