Is this how it looks? (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

SISU - Having got this far with appeals there is no way they are going to back down - It doesn't help not making a firm statement and not speaking with Cov Live and makes me angry
CCFC - Dave Boddy statement says it all basically someone has to reconsider or the club is finished
WASPS - Unsure of if they would consider a last-minute turnaround on their stance but highly unlikely when they have actually come out and made another statement and it seems they are not budging - However how does there stance make any difference to the outcome of an appeal? what difference does it make if we keep on playing at the Ricoh - why cannot the dispute be kept in the courtroom where it belongs - The stadium was built and paid for by the people of Coventry and the intention was always that a football team would play there whatever the circumstances
Coventry City Council - I am quite shocked with there stance on things and that basically will not get involved it seems

Otis

SISU - Having got this far with appeals there is no way they are going to back down - It doesn't help not making a firm statement and not speaking with Cov Live and makes me angry
CCFC - Dave Boddy statement says it all basically someone has to reconsider or the club is finished
WASPS - Unsure of if they would consider a last-minute turnaround on their stance but highly unlikely when they have actually come out and made another statement and it seems they are not budging - However how does there stance make any difference to the outcome of an appeal? what difference does it make if we keep on playing at the Ricoh - why cannot the dispute be kept in the courtroom where it belongs - The stadium was built and paid for by the people of Coventry and the intention was always that a football team would play there whatever the circumstances
Coventry City Council - I am quite shocked with there stance on things and that basically will not get involved it seems
I think the council HAVE to get involved.

I remember saying at the time of the Wasps deal that a caveat had to be made whereby Coventry City FC were guaranteed playing rights at the Ricoh too.

If it's a 250 lease to Wasps it had to be a 250 year guarantee to Coventry City as well.

Warwickhunt

Think about who you are voting for the next time the council elections come around?

Captain Dart

They got involved in the Arena, a project they didn't initiate & have probably regretted it ever since.
I doubt that is a true picture, I think the EFL will back down if it comes to playing out of Coventry or going out of business, lets face it SISU would be in the courts in a nano second if they forced that stuation.
Still can't fathom what they think they are doing, absolutely no one here has answered that question which I ask repeatedly.
Fans stuck in the middle arguing amongst each other
SISU have polarised the fanbase.

oucho

I bet anyone a pint that we will be playing at the Ricoh again next season. That is all. PM me if you want to take the bet.

Sky Blue Pete

You missed the fans and the dean of Coventry cathedral

Greggs

Can the Mayor of Coventry do anything? I know he was at Wembley, sat behind Joy....

Grendel

I remember saying at the time of the Wasps deal that a caveat had to be made whereby Coventry City FC were guaranteed playing rights at the Ricoh too.

If it's a 250 lease to Wasps it had to be a 250 year guarantee to Coventry City as well.

It was a meaningless statement

stevefloyd

I think the council are cunts there i said it..they dont give a fuck ...angry rant finished until about 5pm tonight

Otis

They got involved in the Arena, a project they didn't initiate & have probably regretted it ever since.

I doubt that is a true picture, I think the EFL will back down if it comes to playing out of Coventry or going out of business, lets face it SISU would be in the courts in a nano second if they forced that stuation.

Still can't fathom what they think they are doing, absolutely no one here has answered that question which I ask repeatedly.

SISU have polarised the fanbase.
Must be costing them a pretty penny in legal fees too.

Grendel

I'm not talking in term of statements though, I am talking about within the actual agreement when it was drawn up.

It’s not part of the agreement - it’s a statement

chiefdave

As the leaders of both Labour & Conservatives made a joint statement, that’s obviously them off your list. Does anyone know the position of the other parties?
The council is made up of 39 Labour, 14 Conservative and 1 independent. The independent was elected as a Conservative but got booted out.

No idea what the policy of the Lib Dems or Greens is locally but given that only a third of the seats are up for grabs in any election and the next election isn't until May the current lot are probably pretty confident this issue isn't going to affect most of them.

Grendel

The council is made up of 39 Labour, 14 Conservative and 1 independent. The independent was elected as a Conservative but got booted out.

No idea what the policy of the Lib Dems or Greens is locally but given that only a third of the seats are up for grabs in any election and the next election isn't until May the current lot are probably pretty confident this issue isn't going to affect most of them.

It’s pointless anyway. Turn out is pathetic and most voters don’t care

It’s the same when the shite about the council having to sell to wasps. They could have handed it to sisu wrapped in a bow and no one (well other than the Trust and the Hill Billy Bunch) would give a toss

Captain Dart

As the leaders of both Labour & Conservatives made a joint statement, that’s obviously them off your list. Does anyone know the position of the other parties?
Other parties, you are having a larf. There is 1 independent councillor, he was a Tory till he got kicked.

Nick

Administrator

Isn't the Greens all about noncing nowadays? The worrying thing is my daughter came home from school after they had been talking about who they would vote for.

"I want to save the environment, be nice to animals and that is green, keep the forests and woods and parks"

Then knowing full well about the greens around here:

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Isn't the Greens all about noncing nowadays? The worrying thing is my daughter came home from school after they had been talking about who they would vote for.

"I want to save the environment, be nice to animals and that is green, keep the forests and woods and parks"

Then knowing full well about the greens around here:

giphy.gif

Greens are the party of small children (my daughter said the same) stands to reason the pedos would head there.

Warwickhunt

340,000 out of 350,000 wouldn’t give a flying rats ass.
Councillors are very protective of their jobs and panic if their positions are threatened. We should be so lucky to get 340,000 to vote? More like 50/60k on a good day

Users who are viewing this thread