ITV release potential sites (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They have said there are a couple of places:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/upd...ial-coventry-city-stadium-locations-revealed/

ITV News Central has been told potential locations for Coventry City's new stadium include Rolls Royce's site in Ansty and Prologis Park in Keresley.

However, it is understood the Sky Blues are focusing efforts on securing another, as yet unknown location.

The club say they have left the Ricoh Arena, after a dispute over rent.

Meanwhile, bosses at Coventry City will discuss their plans in a series of meetings with supporters groups, from Monday, June 3.

In other words, they don't know where it is going to be and they have guessed at a couple of other places....

Surely Pro Logis is still Coventry Council though or is that borderline Warwickshire?

Manchester_sky_blue

This confused the hell out of me for a minute because the site of the former Hillman/Peugeot factory at Ryton is also called prologis park

SkyBlueHomer

I agree. For me it's definitely the NEW prologis park, and not the one in holbrooks, massive plot for development on the Peugeot site

That site is spoken for already.

I did mention Ansty Park earlier this wk but apparently its to be a technology park. I would say someone at ITV has had nothing else better to do Fri pm than study Google maps.

andy_scates

I understand that network rail have built their national distribution centre there, but I thought the other plot was still up for auction still, not been past there in a few weeks mind

SkyBlueHomer

Maybe there is space then but bet network rail will have something to say, even if there is room. I live wrong side of cov to be 100%

VegetableSamosa

Isn't Ansty Park right near to Coombe Abbey, which the council owns and rents out. So, I don't think they'd be happy with having a stadium near the grounds/park. Even if it is Warwickshire Council jurisdiction, they'd put up a good lobby to stop the Ansty site.

Though, it's a 10min drive from my house at home, so I'd be happy with that.

skybluericoh

It wont happen! IF they carry out this threat they will be looking at gates of 2 maybe 3k @ £20 for 23 games = about £115000. Take out rent they are looking at an income of 1 million per annum while they are away. There debts will increase the spiral will continue by the time the new stadium is ready we are in the conference, into our new home with gates of 2-3K tops. They only way to salvage this is to stay at the Ricoh, preferably with new owners. As we are under this threat of being moved away we will find it very difficult to sell home tickets of any kind, season or match day. No Club shop, no merchandise sales. Who would sponsor us.

Mr Fisher in my honest opinion you are steering the club into deeper crap than we already are, and you need to be having an adult conversation with your bosses about damage limitation, recovering what you can to minimise SISU losses. You say it is not a threat to move the club away from Coventry. I hope that is just a little brinkmanship, as I firmly believe that the majority of fans that say they will not blindly follow is a promise.

Users who are viewing this thread