Jaffa Cake anyone ... (1 Viewer)

skyblueprincess

Jaffa Cakes: Biscuit or Cake?

The source of one of the most complex conundrums ever to challenge mankind:

Is it a cake or is it a biscuit?

Pigeon

I've never thought about this before... hmmm... *life changing thoughts*
I'm going to say ...cake.. because it's in the name and it's softer than I biscuit :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Rich

You need to change this to a poll. This needs to go to a vote. But please make sure it's not the AV voting system.

Jimthor

If you leave a biscuit out, it goes soft. If you leave a cake out, it goes hard.
If you leave a Jaffa Cake out, it goes hard. Thus it is a cake.

Although the true reason they're called Jaffa Cakes, i believe, is because cakes are exempt from VAT, but biscuits are not.

Coventry La La La

[video=youtube;r2NP4WZJ-mI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2NP4WZJ-mI[/video]

I've changed my mind after watching this it's definitely a cake. :)

smileycov

Facebook User
They went to court over the VAT......It is officially A CAKE X

Walter Sobchak

To bore you all to death - There was a court case on this to prove it was a cake because of the VAT issue.

McVities made a massive Jaffa Cake to prove it due to ingredients consistancy..etc. It was also proposed that biscuits go soft when stale and cakes go hard - Jaffa Cakes go hard!

It's not a debate as it was proven in court!! ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Don't care.. don't like 'em! Yeuchh! Sickly things!

Rich

Nick lock this will ya. It's getting stupid now. This has been proven in court as someone has previously stated. Bore off Jaffa CAKE

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nick lock this will ya. It's getting stupid now. This has been proven in court as someone has previously stated. Bore off Jaffa CAKE

Rich, just don't open the thread! :D It will keep going to the top of the list each time you make a comment, thus encouraging new posters to comment! Never-ending! :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
Nick the post by Sheepy quite clearly states 5 days ago. Which is not far from being word for word the same as the post by Stupot07.

So? That is the whole idea of a forum! Some people don't come on every day so don't see it!

Don't open it if you don't like it!

Rich

If you made a cake flavoured Jellied Biscuit, could you call it a cake and avoid VAT?

Users who are viewing this thread