James Cooper, a real tragedy, RIP (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueUkeman

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_supporter_killed_in_florida_669560/index.shtml

City Supporter killed in Florida

Man killed was City supporter say BBC

Coventry City supporter James Cooper from Warwick was found shot dead on Saturday in the Florida city of Sarasota in America.

The 25-year-old Tennis Coach who attended matches at the Ricoh Arena with his father according to the BBC and his friend from University James Kouzaris, 24, were discovered by police officers who at around 3am.

Reports say that "One man was found lying on the ground outside a government-assisted housing block covered in blood whilst a second victim was discovered moments later, lying just 50ft away on the other side of the road."

Both men were pronounced dead at the scene from gunshot wounds and a 16-year-old boy has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder.

This is a real shock and I wish both all the Families and Friends of this tragedy my deepest sympathies.

rob9872

Yep just read he was from Warwick - RIP and condolences to anyone on here that knew him.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Awful news. So sad. My thoughts go out to their families.

pusbccfc

Awful news, hopefully a minute silence on friday against scunthorpe

Jimthor

Stuff like this puts everything into perspective. Thoughts with the family and friends of both men.

LastGarrison

Gus who owns Scholars dropped dead unexpectedly from a heart attack early Monday morning as well.

Have to say in over 10 years of going to the place he always had a friendly word and would shake your hand.

RIP.

Covstu

Yes a huge shame! Although they are questionning why he was down in the dodgy side of town and nowhere near the tourist areas...

Cobi Jones's Dreads

They said he got lost on the reports i've heard Stu.

R.I.P

PLAY UP SKY BLUES

Coventry La La La

_52264032__52236187_tyson,shawn-1.jpg

(Murderer Shawn Tyson pictured above)
Prosecutors in the US have said they intend to charge a 16-year-old boy with the murders of two British tourists who were shot dead in Florida.

The bodies of university friends James Kouzaris, 24, from Northampton, and James Cooper, 25, of Warwick, were found in Sarasota early on Saturday.

Both men had been shot several times, the BBC understands.

Prosecutors said Shawn Tyson would be charged as an adult.

If charged as an adult he could face the death penalty or a life sentence.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread