Job interview tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Otis

Good luck, Daz. :)

Didn't think you needed interviewing though for stand up comedian. Just thought you went and did it through your own volition.

Captain Dart

Good luck, may the force be with you.

Nick

Administrator
Good luck, just don't start telling them about scottish tv shows and offering them beers ;)*

*Unless they are scottish, in which case it may get you the job.

Mcbean

and how did you get on - invited in for a second party ! told never to darken the door again ? - new company car and key to the ladies exec bog ?

Terry Gibson's perm

I have a job interview on Monday probably mean that money would rise by 50% but seems to involve a lot of travelling and I don’t know if I can be bothered being on the motorway a lot again, but it’s at the same company and much easier work.

Otis

I have a job interview on Monday probably mean that money would rise by 50% but seems to involve a lot of travelling and I don’t know if I can be bothered being on the motorway a lot again, but it’s at the same company and much easier work.
Easier work for more money....

Hmmm.....

giphy.gif

wingy

Good luck
Then again If you feel life has been happier / better stepping out of the old routine It's a tough call .

lifeskyblue

Good luck with your decision making. Seems a no brainier at first sight but if I remember correctly you have previously said that your current job gives you lots of tome with family whereas before you had more money but more stress and less time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

The other bit I should have put is my wife said my season ticket is in jeopardy if I don’t get the job and the extra cash:emoji_angry:.

If I was offered the job it will all come down to the extra travelling as I feel sure that they won’t pay for travel time and one of the depots I would go to is London so finishing at 3am and then having to drive home from London doesn’t appeal greatly and I have done my time in hotels. The other issue is we would probably have to get another car so the value starts to shrink.

But I shall see what the deal is on Monday

richnrg

The other bit I should have put is my wife said my season ticket is in jeopardy if I don’t get the job and the extra cash:emoji_angry:.

If I was offered the job it will all come down to the extra travelling as I feel sure that they won’t pay for travel time and one of the depots I would go to is London so finishing at 3am and then having to drive home from London doesn’t appeal greatly and I have done my time in hotels. The other issue is we would probably have to get another car so the value starts to shrink.

But I shall see what the deal is on Monday
perhaps you could get a few London away games in? ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Hope you make the right decision for yourself and a decision that is best for your health and happiness.

Good luck.

And not just wealth I had felt the interview went badly so had decided I didn’t want it anyway. I got stuck in traffic turned up late and didn’t answer the questions well

bringbackrattles

On a whim I've applied for a warehouse job at the new Amazon site opening in July in Coventry. Went to the enrolment stage, been told interviews end of April.
I go through stages when I see/hear about jobs and go for them, but deep down I reckon I'll always be doing the work I do, until I leave this mortal coil of course !

bringbackrattles

Be careful with the Amazon stuff, always see in the news about the shite working conditions and zero hour contracts :(
I asked load of questions on the enrolment session. Looks like 10 hour shifts on 3 day week. They were vague on wages though and breaks etc. Its at the old Jag site on Browns Lane. Looking for over a thousand workers. I'm more intrigued really, I just want to know how much I can earn !

richnrg

I asked load of questions on the enrolment session. Looks like 10 hour shifts on 3 day week. They were vague on wages though and breaks etc. Its at the old Jag site on Browns Lane. Looking for over a thousand workers. I'm more intrigued really, I just want to know how much I can earn !
why not tender for the Amazon warehouse window cleaning business?

Users who are viewing this thread