Jodi Jones Injury (1 Viewer)

better days

Still only 12 months or so since his ACL injury hopefully this is just a tweek but it won’t be until the New Year before we see him anyway near full fitness
Initial prognosis isn't too bad apparently but he will have a scan asap
He was wearing blade studs which possibly didn't help as he got his standing foot caught underneath him

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

MR said along the lines of - he was in better spirits after the game than he expected.
Didn’t hear it ‘pop’ but felt something go, the previous injury would be playing on Jones mind so he may have ‘panicked’ when his knee buckled.

Nick

Administrator
Initial prognosis isn't too bad apparently but he will have a scan asap
He was wearing blade studs which possibly didn't help as he got his standing foot caught underneath him

Who advises players on boots? So many seem to slip over nowadays.

skybluepm2

Praying for the lad that it isn’t serious after the 12 months he’s just endured. was hoping that he’d be pushing for a start after a decent cameo tonight. Him and Thomas firing on both cylinders would be some force at this level. Fingers crossed

Nick

Administrator
Praying for the lad that it isn’t serious after the 12 months he’s just endured. was hoping that he’d be pushing for a start after a decent cameo tonight. Him and Thomas firing on both cylinders would be some force at this level. Fingers crossed

I hope he is OK. He hasn't looked right since he has been back.

Just hope he had fully healed and got back to full strength.

lifeskyblue

I hope he is OK. He hasn't looked right since he has been back.

Just hope he had fully healed and got back to full strength.

Agree. He hasn’t looked anything like his old self since he got back. Hopefully this is not too serious. I did fear when he stayed down at first that we might have seen the last of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I am not sure the Jodi Jones we seem to be remembering ever existed he kind of reminds me of Gary Rowett who have to getting sacked at brum seemed to get higher regarded every week.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just my thoughts, can't see it being good news.

Thankfully, he was able to walk on it, which means he probably hasn’t done serious damage to the ACL again. But, the way he went down you could tell he’s done something. Hopefully, it’s good news.

Nick

Administrator
Thankfully, he was able to walk on it, which means he probably hasn’t done serious damage to the ACL again. But, the way he went down you could tell he’s done something. Hopefully, it’s good news.

Andreu walked off the pitch and tried to run it off when he did his.

rob9872

If he's worried at every challenge and goes half hearted he's more likely to get injured again. I hope this isn't bad but if he's physically ok, mentally he might not be. A visit to a psychiatrist might be as useful as any other fitness rehab at this stage.

Nick

Administrator
If he's worried at every challenge and goes half hearted he's more likely to get injured again. I hope this isn't bad but if he's physically ok, mentally he might not be. A visit to a psychiatrist might be as useful as any other fitness rehab at this stage.

You would have thought that would be part of the physical recovery nowadays.

He didn't really like a challenge before his injury but if he turns his back or tries to bottle it he will get even more hurt.

better days

It wasn't actually in a challenge more getting his standing foot stuck
Same happened with the original injury

speedie87

Only this week he was tweeting things about it being a year since he did it and how hard it’s been. The mental side of these injuries are massive. Plus let’s face it he was often going down easily and limping around after contact before the injury. Feel like someone needs to tell him to try and let it go now , it happened it’s gone concentrate on the future now.

sylus

I like Jodi i do,but he isn't no where near what he is capable of and beginning to look a bit of a croc,sad but true,.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree Rob. He has looked comfortable on occasions, but this is mainly when he has the ball at his feet and has the defender standing still. He then seems to be able to still get a half yard on the defender, which was his main attribute before. The big problem for me, is that when the ball is moving, and defenders are coming to challenge, he looks like someone who is trying to avoid injury (whether it is a conscious thing or not). I watched the second half of the QPR U23s game, and he was like this throughout. His goal at Southend and assist against Accrington both came from pretty much standing starts, yet he doesn't currently look like someone who will challenge properly for a ball which is 60/40 in his favour, which doesn't bode well. Really hope he can recover this element, otherwise I fear it could effectively end his career. Edit: Of course I do want him to recover fully, both for him and for us.

Last edited:

covcity4life

He didnt get injured in a tackle?

Did a cross and then fell over

better days

He's not been worrying about tackles
He's been getting kicked up in the air all his career
Both the original injury and last night were incidents where there was no contact from an opponent

eastwoodsdustman

There’s definitely something in it with the boots. I remember when blades first came out that there was talk of banning kids from wearing them due to ankle and knee injuries. Like nick said, surely players would be better off with traditional studs instead of wearing fancy coloured boots but slipping over all of the time and turning knees and ankles.

sylus

For people who are supposed to be Coventry fans some people on this forum might be better off following Millwall
That's are the true home for nihilists who are full of bile and negativity

So one or two of us on here have a different opinion to you and of course are negative and spouting bile and should go and support Millwall, Get a grip ffs, hardly the fans fault the guy is injury prone is it. Will he ever feature in a whole match this season,my guess,Nah..

Nick

Administrator
There’s definitely something in it with the boots. I remember when blades first came out that there was talk of banning kids from wearing them due to ankle and knee injuries. Like nick said, surely players would be better off with traditional studs instead of wearing fancy coloured boots but slipping over all of the time and turning knees and ankles.
Boots are like slippers now too.

DannyThomas_1981

I like Jodi i do,but he isn't no where near what he is capable of and beginning to look a bit of a croc,sad but true,.

Jesus wept. He's just had a few games and minutes on the pitch after a very serious injury.

In his short cameos he looks to be progressing, pace is still there and he creates a whole set of different questions for right backs.

Prior to injury last season he was our best player and in many eyes the most dangerous player in the division.

As for comments such as 'he doesn't like a challenge.....' ........again Jesus wept. He's our bravest player with the ball and for taking on defenders. Given his absolute quality he certainly gets kicked the most. Last season he was way too good for League 2 defenders and a fully fit JJ will be far too good for L1 as well.

I can't believe what I read on here at times.

Sky Blue Harry H

For people who are supposed to be Coventry fans some people on this forum might be better off following Millwall
That's are the true home for nihilists who are full of bile and negativity

Hope you aren't including me in that. I really like him and wish him well. In fact anybody in a Sky Blue shirt I want to see thrive. If you have a look at MR and what he is saying, he is saying JJ is (understandably) anxious about injury. I have just commented on what I have seen/or think I have seen! I know he was kicked before the injury and still performed, I am just hoping the injury hasn't affected him between the ears. Time will tell. Good luck JJ.

oucho

The worry after an injury like the one he sustained at Stevenage 12 months ago is that it can change you as a player. Chris Stokes was never the same again IMO after his long lay off. Fingers crossed JJ comes back like he did before that injury. I had family at the Lincoln away game last season who were raving about his performance the day.

rob9872

He didnt get injured in a tackle?

Did a cross and then fell over
We all saw that, but according to Robin's he felt a tweak and was worried. The doc said he was ok but he wasn't comfortable carrying on. Hopefully only precautionary he came off but worrying all the same.

better days

Hope you aren't including me in that. I really like him and wish him well. In fact anybody in a Sky Blue shirt I want to see thrive. If you have a look at MR and what he is saying, he is saying JJ is (understandably) anxious about injury. I have just commented on what I have seen/or think I have seen! I know he was kicked before the injury and still performed, I am just hoping the injury hasn't affected him between the ears. Time will tell. Good luck JJ.
Of course not
Constructive comments are fine
One or two others are close to gloating
The poor bugger recently went along to address some guys about mental health issues using his own experience as an illustration of how even young guys who seem to have a dream job can be plunged into depression

covcity4life

We all saw that, but according to Robin's he felt a tweak and was worried. The doc said he was ok but he wasn't comfortable carrying on. Hopefully only precautionary he came off but worrying all the same.
He was hobbling. Don't think it was in his head

Users who are viewing this thread