Joe Cole agrees deal with Tampa Bay Rowdies (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Looks like we have done him a favour and helped his fitness and stuff, if he plays before the end of the season he needs to help us out now!

Terry Gibson's perm

Good luck to him it will extend his career as I don't think he could handle a whole season in league one, him coming in was a highlight of the season and put us back on the map

Grendel

Great. If he's going to ensure he's not injured he will do even less - if that's possible.

bringbackrattles

Bet a lot of City fans aren't too bothered about this news ? Same now with Maddison going too,he was getting loads of stick in the stands on Saturday when he came on,as was his Alice Band !

NorthernWisdom

Come on - was he really that good for the team - for me he wont be missed

I think that was kind of the point.

I could buy into Cole being here if there was some kind of gain at the end of it. Currently there's been... sod all. Hasn't even helped the attendances, let alone the results!

So given we've helped him get a profile of sorts, he kind of owes us half a dozen decent games, or he's ended up having a detrimental affect on our season.

Nick

Administrator
When he came I was excited, apart from a few good turns. The Barnsley free kick and Bury it has been a bit of a let down.

He is now getting his fitness sorted out though ready to join them!

I'd much rather see Jones get a chance down the wing than Cole.

SkyBlueZack

So is that now 3 first team players with their minds elsewhere? Maddison, Fleck and Cole. It'll help with the run in! :sarcasm:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good luck to him it will extend his career as I don't think he could handle a whole season in league one, him coming in was a highlight of the season and put us back on the map

Agree that Friday night when we signed him on loan, the side was flying & we had a former Ballon d'or nominee signing for us this was to be our 1 season in the sun wasn't it.....

Just hope he keeps giving what he can but I fear like a few others knowing they won't be here next year their performances will continue to decline & this season will peter out.

On a side note more of a reason I would like to see the likes of Jones & G Thomas in The match day 18

Mcbean

Blimey guys we have short memories - his delivery from free kicks and corners has been better than any once JOB went - control of the ball also pretty good - he was a class player you don't lose it all - sort of think some players also backed off him a bit !

Grendel

Blimey guys we have short memories - his delivery from free kicks and corners has been better than any once JOB went - control of the ball also pretty good - he was a class player you don't lose it all - sort of think some players also backed off him a bit !

He's been crap all season.

oucho

Fair play to him, can't complain about him during his time with us. It's not be like Sherwood, Flwoers, Kilbane, Hendry et al, he has come in and tried to do a job for us. Good attitude from a solid pro, even though he hasn't set the world on fire.

Grendel

Fair play to him, can't complain about him during his time with us. It's not be like Sherwood, Flwoers, Kilbane, Hendry et al, he has come in and tried to do a job for us. Good attitude from a solid pro, even though he hasn't set the world on fire.

He came here to get what he wanted - now he's got it I hope we don't have to endure him any more.

Grendel

You seriously think he came to Coventry as a stepping stone for Tampa Bay Rowdies?

Mowbray said months ago he was looking to join an American Team

Joy Division

That league is comparable to English Football Conference standards. He's maybe found his level.

Nick

Administrator
That league is comparable to English Football Conference standards. He's maybe found his level.

But he gets to live in Florida :)

7,500 capacity stadium...

Freddy Adu plays for them, I remember when he was going to be the next big thing.

Otis

They need to bring him on as a special teams player, just like they do in American Football.

Every time there is a corner or free kick they should bring him on, let him take the set piece and then have him leave the field again.

Nick

Administrator
1920px-Rowdies_Soccer_Config_2015.jpg

I think it is going to be the lifestyle more than the football for Cole out there!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it is going to be the lifestyle more than the football for Cole out there!

Looks good to me and if the level is lower he will last another 12 months and playing on ss long as possible seems to be important to him.

Nick

Administrator
You cou;d just stand on the path and watch.

I want the job of diving it to get the footballs from the sea!

Skyblueweeman

Good luck to him. He might not have been as great as we all thought he would be when he arrived but he's conducted himself professionally and I'm sure he's been great to have around the younger players in the squad.

Greggs

Let's hope Maddison never gets to play there, doesn't strike me as a strong swimmer ;)

nmp2327

Good luck Joe, gave his all but unfortunately not the impact expected or anywhere near that achieved by Wise

Otis

Good luck Joe, gave his all but unfortunately not the impact expected or anywhere near that achieved by Wise
Not at all the impact. Think he had one very good game and two where he was quite good. Besides that I believe he has been distinctly average.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Glad to see the back of him! Total waste of a wage packet!! :mad:

87mint

He can do one. I'd far prefer having one of our own young players in the team. He's been useless most of the time.

Otis

He can do one. I'd far prefer having one of our own young players in the team. He's been useless most of the time.
Some cracking deliveries into the box, but usually that happens only about 2 or 3 times a game tops and then there's pretty much nowt else to go along with it.

Been a big disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread