Joe Cole thanks CCFC (1 Viewer)

Steve Carpo

“The club has taken me in with open arms, the fans, the manager and the players so who’s to say the story ends here. The way they’ve taken to me the club will always be in my heart now and who knows what’s round the corner.
“I can’t thank the manager enough for having faith in me and keeping me fit. I knew if I was in the right environment, given the right training schedule and given the right manager I could play games.
“The away support was unbelievable. I enjoyed every game I played for Coventry but some the away games when the fans got behind you, you could feel that it is a big club – a one club city.
“I’d like to say thank you to the club and it’s fans for helping me regain my love of football. “I’m sure we’ll come across each other again because I’d like to be part of bringing success back to this club.”

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/sport...always-place-heart-confirming-switch-america/

Sterling Archer

Looked so much better in a central midfield role than out wide.

An absolute credit to himself the way he's conducted himself by all accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malkitccfc

I hope so. He'll be fit and raring to go having played in America so would definitely use one our loans on him next year

CJ_covblaze

A credit to football. Model pro

Samo

“The club has taken me in with open arms, the fans, the manager and the players so who’s to say the story ends here. The way they’ve taken to me the club will always be in my heart now and who knows what’s round the corner.
“I can’t thank the manager enough for having faith in me and keeping me fit. I knew if I was in the right environment, given the right training schedule and given the right manager I could play games.
“The away support was unbelievable. I enjoyed every game I played for Coventry but some the away games when the fans got behind you, you could feel that it is a big club – a one club city.
“I’d like to say thank you to the club and it’s fans for helping me regain my love of football. “I’m sure we’ll come across each other again because I’d like to be part of bringing success back to this club.”

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/sport...always-place-heart-confirming-switch-america/

I actually love him a bit. :D

percy

met joe cole in harrods a few years ago, he stopped to talk about football and posed for a snap with my children. i didnt want to stop him whilst he was with his family but couldnt resist. he was was a quality bloke and i wish him the very best on the next leg of his football journey

duffer

Nice touch from JC. I wish him well, but I certainly wouldn't be rushing back here from Florida in the middle of winter. :)

chiefdave

Is he married with kids? If he moves them out to Florida can't imagine him coming back for a few months but if they stay over here for school etc then I can see him coming back.

Nick

Administrator
Is he married with kids? If he moves them out to Florida can't imagine him coming back for a few months but if they stay over here for school etc then I can see him coming back.

I think he has, I guess they could join him in the holidays.

TakeMeHome

Wonder what his decision would have been if we did get promoted??

He has probably gone from £3k a week to £30k a week so to be fair, we probably wouldnt be paying anywhere near that kind of money in the Championship.

Big what if though!

Nick

Administrator

He has probably gone from £3k a week to £30k a week so to be fair, we probably wouldnt be paying anywhere near that kind of money in the Championship.

Big what if though!

I reckon it would have been the same, he is hardly going there for the step up in level of football or the challenge. Can't blame him.

Brylowes

Whatever club he'd moved to would have been the recipient of these kind words,
to be honest it means jack, I don't for one minute believe he has a soft spot for
CCFC. Don't do the celebrity BS .

sw88

Chief Commentator!
to be honest it means jack, I don't for one minute believe he has a soft spot for

No other player has bothered so why would we slate him for doing it? Nice to be appreciated by a pro rather than them just upping and leaving

malkitccfc

Callum Wilson did it when he left and half of our support turned into part time Bournemouth fans

Grendel

Brylowes.

What a miserable twat.

Joe Cole, footballing legend and thanks for the memories.

No he's correct. They are just meaningless platitudes. Thanks for what memories - a handful of decent games? The signing wasn't a success.

Steve.B50

Joe Cole may not have always have had gave a perfect performance but when he was back to fitness and in right position he was a star.
I also think he was probably doing a great deal helping other players in a coaching role, personally I would bite his hand off to come on loan in October.

The signing was a massive success in my view.

Steve.B50

On another note I am led to understand we never paid him for being here, Aston Vila paid him half his wages till end of season if he ended his contract.

Not sure money comes into it with JC, seems to just enjoy playing football.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Big what if though!

Do the team he's joining even have much money to pay him that? They only play in a 7,500 stadium and play in the second tier in America. It's not like he's joined a Galaxy or NY Red Bulls.

I got the idea that it was more the lifestyle he was moving for rather than cash.

Brylowes

Brylowes.

What a miserable twat.

Joe Cole, footballing legend and thanks for the memories.
When he was moved to a deeper central role and achieved his fitness, he looked ok.
All I'm saying is words are cheap and easy to say, he would have said it about any
club he'd gone to, just cements his image as an "all round chirpy cockney nice guy" .
Out of interest did you see his interview with Paul Merson on Sky sports, talked about
his career in depth, he talked about all the clubs he's been at with a real passion.
Then Asked Merson:well this season Joe your at Villa but struggling for fitness
and you end up at Coveentry.
Joe : sinks and squirms a little in his chair, gives a rye smile and says,yeah well it
was all about getting fit and getting minutes on the pitch, I've done that and now
feel I can play another 2 years maybe.
and that was it .

I was eleven in 87

But I don't suppose he trally had to take the time to write a letter to the club/fans.
I take your point about the Merson interview and his response, but when all said and done when he eventually got fit (it took him too long I know) and he was dropped back to play the sitting midfielder job, he looked like he was running the show.
Plus I was impressed with his work rate in terms of getting back to defend and put tackles in.
I would deffo have him back next season especially if he is going to be fit from playing competitive games in America.

Grendel

He had about 4 or 5 good games all season.

Grendel

When he got fit. Who knows what could have been if he had been fit from the word go.

When he was for most of the meaningful games he was still mediocre at best. He was slow and changed the whole pattern of play.

Our points record before he came and after is all we need to know.

He's now playing in a very mediocre league with a handful if fans. He couldn't be bothered to get for when in the premier league. He certainly won't be arsed to their.

Villa paid him a lot of money and he let them down. Hardly a true professional and he will be spending most of his time there on the beach.

Anyone who'd want him back is bonkers. Let's disrupt the club again by accommodating a has been whose now even older.

Macca

Totally agree, nothing against him but the signing of cole and return of maddison screwed things up

Brylowes

But I don't suppose he trally had to take the time to write a letter to the club/fans.
I take your point about the Merson interview and his response, but when all said and done when he eventually got fit (it took him too long I know) and he was dropped back to play the sitting midfielder job, he looked like he was running the show.
Plus I was impressed with his work rate in terms of getting back to defend and put tackles in.
I would deffo have him back next season especially if he is going to be fit from playing competitive games in America.
Look I don't dislike Joe Cole, he comes across as a grounded type of lad , I to would be
happy (if fit) to see him come back on loan. But there's no doubt he used us for his
own good, can't blame him for that, the whole back-slapping celebrity culture doesn't
sit well with me.
Not saying it's down to him , but where were we in the league when he signed, where will
we be when he leaves. The back-slapping may have been more justified if it had been
earned and/or deserved. IMHO

idm1975

When he was for most of the meaningful games he was still mediocre at best. He was slow and changed the whole pattern of play.

Our points record before he came and after is all we need to know.

He's now playing in a very mediocre league with a handful if fans. He couldn't be bothered to get for when in the premier league. He certainly won't be arsed to their.

Villa paid him a lot of money and he let them down. Hardly a true professional and he will be spending most of his time there on the beach.

Anyone who'd want him back is bonkers. Let's disrupt the club again by accommodating a has been whose now even older.
You and your fucking ridiculous stats, are you really going to keep flogging that dead horse??!! I think you will find it was villa that let him down and not him them. You really should join a forum that you know something about rather than just keep posting inane nonsense in which you, clearly, know nothing about!

Users who are viewing this thread