Joe Cole (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Cole on Sky Sports 1 going through his career with Paul Merson

Gazolba

If he stays, I hope he keeps fit over the summer and doesn't take 10-15 games to get up to speed again.

Grendel

Thought he was superb on Saturday. Wish he was staying another year.

Why? So he can make an effort for 4 games in a season? No thanks. Terribly misguided signing. Cole gives the impression of someone who cares but his pathetic displays for most if the season belies that argument.

SkyBlueScottie

Cole is off to America, has said he would love to return on loan once the American season ends in October and stay through to February.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

No chance he returns for anything other then to use Ryton with his injury history playing what will be 12 months straight will be a big ask to then skip the off season to play on loan for us would be stupid on both his health and us wasting a loan on a tired player as our season starts to get into full flow. Also didn't they say the emergency loan window was gone next season so we couldn't sign a loan player till at least Jan

Grendel

Lol g so angry cole didn't turn out bad as he wanted.

What are you on about? He was poor and contributed hardly anything for a huge percentage of the season.

Grendel

It seems any player who fans form a bond with, he has a deep loathing for and refuses to
give any credit to under any circumstances.
I think there's a name for it .

Players like Cole, Baker and Johnson you mean? I prefer players like Stokes who spend time and effort to commit on the pitch more than on social media.

skybluedan

Must admit although I do like joe Cole. He ain't been the greatest really has he, if he was fit and we were signing him as he is now with fitness then yeah but it's took him along time to get there and now he's off
bit of a waste of time really would use his wages to try and keep fleck and stokes

torchomatic

Not a good example.

Players like Cole, Baker and Johnson you mean? I prefer players like Stokes who spend time and effort to commit on the pitch more than on social media.

SkyBlueZack

Surely the concern would be the standard of football? He has just got up to speed here. If he goes there in a less competitive league, would he then need a month or two to get back to the level he is now?

Nick

Administrator
Surely the concern would be the standard of football? He has just got up to speed here. If he goes there in a less competitive league, would he then need a month or two to get back to the level he is now?

Yeah, and the fitness.

I am not too sure about the loan back.

chiefdave

Wouldn't have a problem if he wants to come and train to stay fit. I guess by the time it comes round to it Mowbray will be able to look at how he's been getting on in the States to decide if he's worth considering for a place in the playing squad.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Wouldn't have a problem if he wants to come and train to stay fit. I guess by the time it comes round to it Mowbray will be able to look at how he's been getting on in the States to decide if he's worth considering for a place in the playing squad.

Yeah exactly, good option to have up our sleeves come October time if nothing else. Vincelot, Rose and whoever else might get injured and it would be advantageous to have Cole slot in to the middle, already knowing the club/players/system and hopefully match fit from Tampa’s season.

On the other hand if everyone is fit and playing well then and we don’t need him – no drama. But at least the option was there.

Malaka

FFS Chief! You can not come on here and make a rational statement.

covcity4life

loan from october to feb could be very beneficial for us if he plays like has has been in central midfield. i would welcome him back

Nick

Administrator
loan from october to feb could be very beneficial for us if he plays like has has been in central midfield. i would welcome him back

But it then depends how we are playing, if we are playing really well I wouldn't put him in for the sake of it.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is probably good to have around the training ground even if he wasn't playing, can't see how he will cope with no breaks between seasons

ajsccfc

Yeah watching it now, comes across as a real good guy, very grounded.

I caught the first half of it last night and thought the same, cares more about the actual football than the shiny bells and whistles that come with it. I think that attitude alone makes him handy to have around a club with young players coming through.

Users who are viewing this thread