John Fleck Contract Situation (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Nice hedge to have though for Fleck. Didn't he do the same last year and then sign for 1 year? I guess nothing took his fancy.

tom88

I personally wouldn't mind if he stays or goes (if that makes sense?)

He is too hot and cold to move to the Championship. I think he will sign on the basis he is settled here, has a young boy and his Girlfriend will be heavily pregnant by the time the season finish's. Surely this may play a huge factor

Terry Gibson's perm

Hope he goes has got steadily worse through the season, I think if he stays they will make him captain:facepalm:

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Nice hedge to have though for Fleck. Didn't he do the same last year and then sign for 1 year? I guess nothing took his fancy.

No he signed a year extension to his 3 year deal midway through 14/15 season when Pressley was still here.

No mention of anyone else's contract extension though - Martin, Stokes etc.

LB87ccfc

Hope he goes has got steadily worse through the season, I think if he stays they will make him captain:facepalm:

Would make a better captain than the current crock of shit we have, Fleck the only one before games in the tunnel going round shouting his mouth off geeing everyone up for it.

skybluegod

Would make a better captain than the current crock of shit we have, Fleck the only one before games in the tunnel going round shouting his mouth off geeing everyone up for it.
How do you know what happens in the dressing room though?
When you watch sky, do you see all the captains screaming and shouting? Cause I don't?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Genuine question... Are you in the tunnel to witness this, or are you "Second guessing" Not having a go, like I said, a genuine question.

chiefdave

To be honest I'm not that fussed either way. Certainly wouldn't be offering him a big pay rise to try and get him to stay.

malkitccfc

Won't miss his rash challenges in our box! Not fussed if he goes but yeah Rangers now theyre back in the top flight maybe?

LB87ccfc

Genuine question... Are you in the tunnel to witness this, or are you "Second guessing" Not having a go, like I said, a genuine question.

One of my friends has been in the tunnel on several occasions as he works for the club mate, and has told me this. I am not a type for second guessing or making stories.

LB87ccfc

How do you know what happens in the dressing room though?
When you watch sky, do you see all the captains screaming and shouting? Cause I don't?

Ricketts does not say a word through a game to anyone nor does he do this before a game..... No need to watch Sky. He also never leads by example on the pitch.

steve82

Ricketts does not say a word through a game to anyone nor does he do this before a game..... No need to watch Sky. He also never leads by example on the pitch.

Can back this claim up. Does not call the back line or communicate during the game. One of our most quiet players.
Ramage was more vocal in his time at the back tho that was his only strong point.

skybluegod

So fleck is captains material for doing something that no captains do?
I have seen ricketts give advice throughout games, he doesn't feel the need to shout that's his way of doing so. But he was captain at wolves for a reason?
Never leads by example? He had a good first half of the season where he ' led by example' so its not never is it?

You need to put forward more a of a case for fleck being captain than ' he gees up and shouts at his teammates in the tunnel?
If you are saying fleck is leading by example, his form has gone as down hill as ricketts has in the second half of the season?

steve82

I have seen ricketts give advice throughout games, he doesn't feel the need to shout that's his way of doing so. But he was captain at wolves for a reason?
Never leads by example? He had a good first half of the season where he ' led by example' so its not never is it?

You need to put forward more a of a case for fleck being captain than ' he gees up and shouts at his teammates in the tunnel?
If you are saying fleck is leading by example, his form has gone as down hill as ricketts has in the second half of the season?

I've watched Ricketts a fair bit as its been one of my biggest gripes this season. He does nothing as a captain. Not once I've seen him talk/advise/motivate anyone. He's one the original more senior squad members and this one one of the main reasons he was brought in, yes he was captain of wolves. Maybe he had strong leaders around him that carried him there.
He's not a natural leader
Flecks not the answer too but he does try to motive his team mates

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I've watched Ricketts a fair bit as its been one of my biggest gripes this season. He does nothing as a captain. Not once I've seen him talk/advise/motivate anyone. He's one the original more senior squad members and this one one of the main reasons he was brought in, yes he was captain of wolves. Maybe he had strong leaders around him that carried him there.

He has to be the first to run out of the tunnel don't forget. For the warm up; for the first half; for the second half. Surely that makes him captain material? ;)

skybluegod

Its been proven that being an autocratic leader, so shouting etc. Does not automatically mean success, being a democratic leader, has been proven to be just as effective. How do you know what he's like in the dressing room? I have seen him on multiple occasions talk to RCC after a mistake to give him advice and make sure he doesn't drop. Stokes is another who he was constantly talking too. With reda next to him those two constantly were talking. He decided to use the 'huddle', TM said at the start of the season that he had no input on that?
I'm not saying he's a good captain, but I don't think he's absolutely terrible. Some captains shout and scream. Some prefer to leave it in the dressing room?
Until you see how he is like everyday then I don't think we can judge?
Its all good saying he doesn't communicate that is problem within football itself now. Ronald koeman at Southampton has to send his players on communication classes once a week?
There isn't enough communication in general on the football pitch IMO.

steve82

Its been proven that being an autocratic leader, so shouting etc. Does not automatically mean success, being a democratic leader, has been proven to be just as effective. How do you know what he's like in the dressing room? I have seen him on multiple occasions talk to RCC after a mistake to give him advice and make sure he doesn't drop. Stokes is another who he was constantly talking too. With reda next to him those two constantly were talking. He decided to use the 'huddle', TM said at the start of the season that he had no input on that?
I'm not saying he's a good captain, but I don't think he's absolutely terrible. Some captains shout and scream. Some prefer to leave it in the dressing room?
Until you see how he is like everyday then I don't think we can judge?
Its all good saying he doesn't communicate that is problem within football itself now. Ronald koeman at Southampton has to send his players on communication classes once a week?
There isn't enough communication in general on the football pitch IMO.

You don't need to shout to be the ideal captain. Just a motivator and a talker will do.
If he don't do it on the pitch how can we assume he does it anywhere else.
I've not seen him offer any words of advice after a mistake and I've watched him after every goal we've let in or error made hoping he will do that vital role. Arms come up from his side to half gesture and just turns away. That's the honest truth, can even see it on most the highlights.

shy_tall_knight

hope he goes when we are playing wll he loks good keeping the ball moving but 4 seasons as a virtual regular and doesn't seem to have improved. Goal scoring record is a terrible 7 in nearly 4 seasons. I think he will be on a decent salary so we may get better value elsewhere. I still think there is potential there but not sure about his physicality, no pace no height .

LB87ccfc

Ricketts does not lead his own backline never mind organise the team.

Offer advice? What a quiet word, baker used to get dogs abuse on here for being quiet on the pitch, Id say he was more vocal than Ricketts ever has.

I know quite a few wolves supporters and all say Ricketts was an awful captain carried by other senior figures within the squad.

I was only passing on true accurate facts about Fleck being the only vocal one , I never said Fleck should be captain, I simply said he would make a better one than the pathetic mouse we have as one now Even Cole offers more vocally too than Ricketts , just watch next time he plays going round each player before a game for example or in a game when someone does something wrong Cole is the first to react.

skybluegod

Offer advice? What a quiet word, baker used to get dogs abuse on here for being quiet on the pitch, Id say he was more vocal than Ricketts ever has.

I know quite a few wolves supporters and all say Ricketts was an awful captain carried by other senior figures within the squad.

I was only passing on true accurate facts about Fleck being the only vocal one , I never said Fleck should be captain, I simply said he would make a better one than the pathetic mouse we have as one now Even Cole offers more vocally too than Ricketts , just watch next time he plays going round each player before a game for example or in a game when someone does something wrong Cole is the first to react.
Again how do you know what he is like on dressing room? On the training ground?
I don't think any of the players at the club are captain material , but fleck would be down near the bottom that's for sure.

steve82

Good summary, I agree.
For any doubters watch against millwall and Bradford in our next games and make your own assumption.

Sky Blue Kid

One of my friends has been in the tunnel on several occasions as he works for the club mate, and has told me this. I am not a type for second guessing or making stories.

No mention of your friend in your first post mate? Posters have been hung, drawn, and quartered for the obligatory "My friend/mate/boss said it's true, so it must be! I can't comment on the "On field" goings on. So will hold my tongue on that one ;)

LB87ccfc

Again how do you know what he is like on dressing room? On the training ground?
I don't think any of the players at the club are captain material , but fleck would be down near the bottom that's for sure.

Your missing the point, I simply pointed out that hes vocal more so than most and more so than our current captain, at no point did I make a reference he should be captain, I merely gave my opinion that he would make a far better one than your current love affair for Ricketts.

Its quite funny, I do know a far greater deal than I let on but I am not one for gossiping, I merely passed on true factual comments which I thought would bring a change of scenery on here.

Up to you what you think or believe in mate.

Users who are viewing this thread