Joker on cwr (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Expert of what??

Doesn't seem to know the rules but then neither do football league officials even their own

Nonleagueherewecome

Ellis Cashmore. Anyone heard of him?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Yeah he's been on Radio 5 in the past talk about knackered clubs.

Professor Ellis Cashmore

Job Title and Responsibilities
Expertise
Contact
About Me
Research Interests
Qualifications
Selected Publications
Job Title and Responsibilities

Professor of culture, media and sport

About Me

I am professor of culture, media and sport. Previously, I was professor of sociology at the University of Tampa, USA, and, before, that lecturer in sociology at the University of Hong Kong.

Qualifications

BA, MA, PhD (Sociology)

Expertise

I have been doing research in race and ethnicity and other aspects of contemporary culture for over thirty years.

Research Interests

Contemporary culture, including race and ethnicity, media and sports

Selected Publications

BOOKS

Martin Scorsese’s America (Polity, 2009)

Making Sense of Sports (5th edition, Routledge, 2010; 4th edition, 2005; Korean edition, Hanul, 2001; 3rd edition, Routledge, 2000; 2nd edition, Routledge, 1996; Routledge, 1990)

Sport and Exercise Psychology: The key concepts (2nd edition, Routledge, 2008; 1st edition, 2002)

Celebrity/Culture (Routledge, 2006)

Tyson: Nurture of the beast (Polity, 2005)

Encyclopedia of Race and Ethnic Studies (Routledge, 2004)

Beckham (Polity, 2nd edition, 2004; 1st edition, 2002; Japanese edition, NHK, 2003; Chinese edition, Central Compilation & Translation Press, 2003).

Racism: Essential readings edited with James Jennings (Sage, 2001).

Sports Culture: An A - Z guide (Routledge, 2000).

... and there was television (Portuguese edition, Summus, 1999; Routledge, 1994;)

Dictionary of Cultural Theorists, edited with Chris Rojek (Arnold/OUP, 1999).

The Black Culture Industry (Routledge, 1997).

Out of Order? Policing black people, edited with Eugene McLaughlin (Routledge, 1991).

United Kingdom? Class, race and gender since the war (Unwin Hyman, 1989).

The Logic of Racism (Allen & Unwin, 1987).

Having To - The world of oneparent families (Allen & Unwin, 1985).

No Future: Youth and society (Heinemann Educational, 1984).

Dictionary of Race and Ethnic Relations (Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1984; Japanese edition, Akashi, 1987; 2nd edition, Routledge, 1988; 3rd edition, Routledge, 1994; 4th edition, Routledge, 1996; Japanese edition, Akashi, 1999; Portuguese edition, Summus 2001).

Approaching Social Theory, with Bob Mullan (Heinemann Educational, 1983).

Introduction to Race Relations, with Barry Troyna (Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1983; 2nd edition, Falmer Press, 1990).

Rastaman: The rastafarian movement in England (2nd edition, Unwin Paperbacks, 1983; 1st edition, Allen & Unwin, 1979).

Black Youth in Crisis, edited with Barry Troyna (Allen & Unwin, 1982).

Black Sportsmen (Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1982).

ARTICLES/CHAPTERS Since 2001 (46 before)

‘Perpetual evocations’, Journal of Visual Culture , vol. 8, no. 2, 2009.

‘Tiger Woods and the new racial order’ Current Sociology, vol. 56, no. 4, 2008.

‘Chariots of Fire: bigotry, manhood and moral certitude in an age of individualism’ Sport in Society, vol. 11, nos. 2/3, 2008.

‘Sport’ in David Dabydeen, John Gilmore and Cecily Jones (eds) Oxford Companion to Black British History, Oxford University Press, 2007.

‘Doping scandal: Stop testing and legalize all drugs” in John D. Ramage, John C. Bean and June Johnson, eds, Writing Arguments: A Rhetoric with Readings, 7th edn, Pearson Longman, 2007.

‘Media analysis’ in Victor Jupp, ed., The Sage Dictionary of Social Research Methods, Sage, 2006.

‘Bob Marley’; ‘Celebrity culture’; ‘Cool’; ‘Gambling’; ‘Michael Jackson’ in The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology (12 volumes), George Ritzer, gen. editor, Blackwell, 2006.

‘Rastafari’ in Encyclopedia of the World’s Minorities (3 volumes),Carl Skutsch gen. editor, Routledge, 2005.

'One David Beckham? Celebrity, masculinity and the soccerati', co- author with Andrew Parker, Sociology of Sport Journal vol. 20, 2003.

‘Behind the window dressing: Police perspectives on cultural diversity’ Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies vol. 28, no. 2, 2002.

‘The experiences of ethnic minority police officers in Britain: Under- recruitment and racial profiling in a performance culture’ Ethnic and Racial Studies vol. 24, no. 4, 2001

RECENT REVIEW ARTICLES

'British Asian jigsaw' Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, forthcoming, 2008.

'The impure strikes back' British Journal of Sociology, Autumn 2003

'The chimera of cultural diversity' Sociological Research Online http://www.socresonline.org.uk/7/1/cashmore.html, June 2002

‘Black culture: Scholarly interest, or unhealthy obsession?’ Ethnic and Racial Studies vol. 24, no. 2, 2001.

'Between mind and muscle’ Body and Society vol. 4, no. 2, 1998. 'America's paradox' Ethnic and Racial Studies, vol. 20, no. 1 (January) 1997.

Contact

Ellis Cashmore
Staffordshire University
Faculty of Health
Brindley Building
Leek Rd
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4-2DF
t: 0121 3571665
m: 07766520319
e: [email protected]

Sky Blue Pete

But he didn't seem to know the rules had been changed to avoid the mk dons scenario!!

Old players and fans must march through coventry.

Massive bloody march loud and good natured.

Nonleagueherewecome

But he didn't seem to know the rules had been changed to avoid the mk dons scenario!!

Old players and fans must march through coventry.

Massive bloody march loud and good natured.

What, like the not more than 30 mile rule? :facepalm:

who is she?

I can think of someone else like that....her names Kate Hopkins and she uses her twat to destroy marriages while her other twat spouts off uninteliigable jibberish with a racist/fatist/tattooist/agest/anykindofistyoucanthinkof bent lol :D

RichieGunns

who is she?

She was on the Apprentice. Failed at that. Then she was caught shagging a guy in a field who turned out to be a married man. He left his wife for her and she then told him to do one. Then she shagged two other married men and ruined their marriages aswell. Now she does debates on "This Morning" or whatever it's called and has the most digusting views on things.

She claims being big isn't beautifull and that anyone with excess body weight is ugly. Said fat people are lazy and use their body problems as an excuse not to exercise. She also implied that proven deceases that make it impossible to lose weight are just excuses and don't exist.

Also she judges children on their first names. If the name isn't up to her standards (aka Charmaine, Brandon, Tyler, Chardonnay, Brooklyn etc) then she assumes they come from a poor background, are always late for school and don't do their homework. She wil then make sure her children never play with them or make friends with them. She said she doesn't like geographical, month or seasonal names but two of her kids are called Poppy and India.

And finally on another debate she said that people with tattoos are all underacheivers who have never made it in society so use tattoos as a way of saying "LOOK AT ME!". Even though there are plenty of well documented people who have high profile jobs (like bankers etc) and also have tattoos, she refused to believe anything else. She says tattoos are digusting and that she would deliberate make sure her children couldn't come in to contact with someone who had them.

She's a snob who believes people who are fat/have tattoos/or don't have names she likes are basically scum!

RichieGunns

who is she?

She was on the Apprentice. Failed at that. Then she was caught shagging a guy in a field who turned out to be a married man. He left his wife for her and she then told him to do one. Then she shagged two other married men and ruined their marriages aswell. Now she does debates on "This Morning" or whatever it's called and has the most digusting views on things.

She claims being big isn't beautifull and that anyone with excess body weight is ugly. Said fat people are lazy and use their body problems as an excuse not to exercise. She also implied that proven deceases that make it impossible to lose weight are just excuses and don't exist.

Also she judges children on their first names. If the name isn't up to her standards (aka Charmaine, Brandon, Tyler, Chardonnay, Brooklyn etc) then she assumes they come from a poor background, are always late for school and don't do their homework. She wil then make sure her children never play with them or make friends with them. She said she doesn't like geographical, month or seasonal names but two of her kids are called Poppy and India.

And finally on another debate she said that people with tattoos are all underacheivers who have never made it in society so use tattoos as a way of saying "LOOK AT ME!". Even though there are plenty of well documented people who have high profile jobs (like bankers etc) and also have tattoos, she refused to believe anything else. She says tattoos are digusting and that she would deliberate make sure her children couldn't come in to contact with someone who had them.

She's a snob who believes people who are fat/have tattoos/or don't have names she likes are basically scum!

lordsummerisle

Are you a fat, tattooed woman who used to be married to a bloke who shagged Katie Hopkins in a field one night??

RichieGunns

Are you a fat, tattooed woman who used to be married to a bloke who shagged Katie Hopkins in a field one night??

Two out of four correct :p

I'm fat and have tattoos but I'm not a women nor has she shagged anyone I know ;)

I just think she's a disgusting individual. Go look on youtube at her debates. Trust me, even you will be infuriated by it!

lordsummerisle

Two out of four correct :p

I'm fat and have tattoos but I'm not a women nor has she shagged anyone I know ;)

I just think she's a disgusting individual. Go look on youtube at her debates. Trust me, even you will be infuriated by it!

I agree with you, heard her on Five Live last Friday night, defending her ridiculous judging kids by their names stance.

One caller got her bang to rights though when he brought up the fact that she lumped in people named after geographical areas as chavs when he mentioned that she had a daughter called "India"!

wingy

Anyone remember this Guy ,the one who advised them while sitting down with the CCC last spring/Summer??

worked @ Vancouver Whitecaps and moved them around once or twice!!
Sisu football advisor Paul Barber joins Brighton - Coventry Telegraph

www.coventrytelegraph.net/.../sisu-football-advisor-paul-barber-302333...http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...6.0.0.0.389866...........0.pHXctb19a6Y&pbx=1#

Jun 13, 2012 - PAUL Barber, the man drafted in by Sisu to advise them on their running of Coventry City, has

dongonzalos

I agree with you, heard her on Five Live last Friday night, defending her ridiculous judging kids by their names stance.

One caller got her bang to rights though when he brought up the fact that she lumped in people named after geographical areas as chavs when he mentioned that she had a daughter called "India"!

I think the chap who asked her what she does for a job stumped her.

lordsummerisle

I think the chap who asked her what she does for a job stumped her.

Yeah, he was one of the presenters wasn't he?

He came up with a great line later on after the UKIP finance "expert" had made a huge fool of himself by having not one policy costed, and said "it doesn't really matter".

He said that UKIP'ers in their heart of hearts want to watch Roots backwards so it has a happy ending.

Was pissing myself, going to use that line as often as I can.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Yeah, he was one of the presenters wasn't he?

He came up with a great line later on after the UKIP finance "expert" had made a huge fool of himself by having not one policy costed, and said "it doesn't really matter".

He said that UKIP'ers in their heart of hearts want to watch Roots backwards so it has a happy ending.

Was pissing myself, going to use that line as often as I can.

Hadn't heard that - it did make me chuckle.

dongonzalos

It's a top show. Would love Mr Fisher to be interviewed regarding justifying his current plan purely in finances and safe guarding the future of the club.

Users who are viewing this thread