Josh Eccles (1 Viewer)

Hobo

He always looked like he struggled to think he belonged in the side.

Now he does, he’s only getting better.

I think it is a certain section of our fans who struggled to think he belonged in the side?

shmmeee

He did two equally brilliant passes against Cardiff to Van Ewijk and Wright but we didn't score from them.

I will keep saying it, he's been our player of the season.

He’s always had it in him. His whole progression seems to be building confidence to do this stuff in game. It’s great to see him flowering like this.

Hobo

What I like about Eccles is that for a relatively inexperienced player he tends to make the right decision. Reads the game brilliantly and doesn't allow himself to be bullied.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Agree. As an aside I thought Archie Gray looked very mature and assured for an 18 year old for Leeds.

Torquay Sky Blue

First time I saw Eccles play was that Rangers friendly. You could see what a talented youngster we have and Robins and the team have brought him along brilliantly.
I also realised that day, how bad Hilsner was

CCFCSteve

He did two equally brilliant passes against Cardiff to Van Ewijk and Wright but we didn't score from them.

I will keep saying it, he's been our player of the season.

The frustration is some then only focus on the two sloppy passes just before he went off (knackered). For me he’s probably been Motm two games on the bounce

Mucca Mad Boys

Thought he looked really good as a DM, we certainly looked decent in a 4-1-4-1 shape with Sheaf and O’Hare higher up in our defensive shape.

We’ll stick with that starting 11 here on for the rest of the season you feel.

Theonlywayisskyblue

If we had paid £5m for a player in Eccles’ position and he put in a performance like yesterday’s the forum would be creaming itself like an overstacked chocolate eclair. Pure class yesterday and a young player on the up and up. Time to appreciate and after watching United’s dozy midfield today look forward to what he will do at Wemberley

Great_Expectations

In addition to his footballing ability improving, he shows great leadership skills too. I remember mentioning it a while ago (possibly even the season before last!!).

Whether he’s encouraging players, getting in the refs ear or winding up the opposition. He’s often the first, and sometimes only one, to do stuff like that.

Great traits to have alongside his ever improving footballing ability.

shmmeee

In addition to his footballing ability improving, he shows great leadership skills too. I remember mentioning it a while ago (possibly even the season before last!!).

Whether he’s encouraging players, getting in the refs ear or winding up the opposition. He’s often the first, and sometimes only one, to do stuff like that.

Great traits to have alongside his ever improving footballing ability.

You’ve really been able to tell he’s a Cov lad recently. You can see he wants it that little bit more at times.

Londonccfcfan

With the Southampton coming this Tuesday..it was in this fixture just over 2 years ago in Fa cup where I thought wow what a gem of a player he could be.

That was the day I first saw his quality.

Sky Blue Pete

Loved the foul at the end I know they almost scored from it
It was a fuck you foul to the ref and the Leeds team for fouling mve and us not getting the free kick

Macca1987

I regularly travel to away games on the coach with his girlfriend and her mum, we have some right banter about him, we've been told if he has a good game we have to call him Joshy Boy but if he makes mistakes we can shout Eccles. Largely lately it's been a lot more of the former, and long may it continue

rexo87

I regularly travel to away games on the coach with his girlfriend and her mum, we have some right banter about him, we've been told if he has a good game we have to call him Joshy Boy but if he makes mistakes we can shout Eccles. Largely lately it's been a lot more of the former, and long may it continue

Yeah I know of them. Her Mum has always been a huge Cov fan long before they were together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Stats so far this season when compared to other midfielders from the following leagues:
  • American Major League Soccer
  • Argentine Primera
  • Belgian Pro League
  • Brazilian Série A
  • Dutch Eredivisie
  • English Championship
  • French Ligue 2
  • German 2.Bundesliga
  • Italian Serie B
  • Mexican Liga MX
  • Portuguese Primeira Liga
  • Spanish Segunda