Just a thought for a sticky thread............. (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
......... A "For Sale & Wanted" thread. I'm not talking brand new gear to sell as a business, but items that you no longer have a use for but are too good to throw away - e.g. kids toys, books, dvd's, fishing tackle, bikes, lawn mowers etc, etc.
I didn't always buy the Telgraph before I moved South so local ads were missed. I just think it's a good way to recycle unwanted items - either sell or give-away (if you just want the space.) I've noticed similar threads on other footie fans forums. Thoughts anyone?

Houchens Head

Thank you DerbySB. It's just that when I moved south I had an absolute shit load of stuff that I just gave away, simply because I couldn't be arsed to hump it down here. I'm talking about a shed full of tools, a petrol lawn mower, an almost new gas barbeque, and loads of other stuff. If I'd have put the items on this forum I'm sure some of the guys would have shown some interest - free or not.

Houchens Head

Don't suppose it's sea fishing gear Bloodnut? That's what I'm really after!

Houchens Head

I still have enough course gear, but have'nt been for about 2 years. There's nowhere down here to go. I've taken up sea fishing now - had about 550 bass, mackerel, shad, gar and pollock this year alone!

Houchens Head

You really wanted to say your very good at sea fishing.:p

Aww Shucks DSB!! Ya found me out! :) The thing is with sea fishing, you get to keep all the good sized ones to eat!! The cost of sea bass in my local fishmongers is £15.99 a kilo. I average 2 - 3 kilo each time I catch, so I save a fortune!
(I went out this morning just off the beach near where I live - SOMETHING took my bait and snapped my 25lb line! Bugger!)

Last edited:

Houchens Head

DSB: My eldest son lives in Derby with his missus and my two grandkids - Matthew St., Alvaston. Anywhere near you?

Users who are viewing this thread