Just listened to the after match (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

phone in and , Mr Eakin seems to think we need 6 wins and 2 draws from our final 10 games . does anyone on here believe that can be achieved ?

Otis

I think he just said 6 wins didn't he?

That's rubbish though, Rusty Trombone thinks we'll only need 66 points! ;)

stupot07

And Burton will drop like a stone.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

And Burton will drop like a stone.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Yep. A few people said that and I think someone even said they wouldn't even make the play-offs.

They are still top, 6 points ahead of 2nd, 9 points ahead of 3rd and 16 points ahead of 7th place.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

He said 6 wins and probably 2 draws.

Otis

If it is 6 wins needed that is an absolutely huge ask!

6 wins out of 10 games!

The odds are stacked against us, but all we can do is to take one game at a time and see where we are then I guess.

AFCCOVENTRY

It's impossible for this team to win 6 more games. Too many teams in form we will play.

It's going to be an annoying end of the season where we miss out. Just have this feeling.

SkyBlueScottie

Last year 69 points got 6th place, in the years before that 71, 74, 74 and 73. I think we need to concentrate on the next game only, grind out the wins, then the confidence will return.

Bob Latchford

I make that return , promotion form . can't quite believe he said it myself .

Otis

Chance to make ground next week perhaps and get back in the top 6.

If we beat Swindon, Bradford have a very tough match away at Wigan.

stupot07

Yep. A few people said that and I think someone even said they wouldn't even make the play-offs.

They are still top, 6 points ahead of 2nd, 9 points ahead of 3rd and 16 points ahead of 7th place.

I'd forgotten about that, i think pax was one of them, they have 71 points, they probably only need 4 more points from 10 games to guarentee play offs....

Sick Boy

I seem to remember grendel facing the usual barage of abuse for predicting that Wigan would have a good season.

stupot07

Last year 69 points got 6th place, in the years before that 71, 74, 74 and 73. I think we need to concentrate on the next game only, grind out the wins, then the confidence will return.

It will be higher than 69 this year, after 36 games 6th places is already 5 points ahead compared to last season. Agree we just need to take each game as it comes. It's a must win next season to prove this is the start of something as opposed to a (nice) blip in a poor run like Crewe, bury, port vale wins.

Bob Latchford

I seem to remember grendel facing the usual barage of abuse for predicting that Wigan would have a good season.

To be fair , he deserves all he gets whether he's right or wrong .

Otis

I'd forgotten about that, i think pax was one of them, they have 71 points, they probably only need 4 more points from 10 games to guarentee play offs....

4 wins from 10 games will probably get them automatic promotion!! That would be 83 points. Probably need 2 or 3 draws to go with it.

Otis

Walsall in 4th place (chose them because they are on the same points as Gillingham, but have a game in hand) are 9 points behind Burton on 62.

For them to get to 83 that is 21 points. 7 wins from 11 matches, or 6 wins and 3 draws. Really cannot see them achieving that.

It's still early days to be saying it. but Burton look very much odds on to go up.

Otis

To be fair, Grendel actually said pre-season that Wigan 'would walk this league.'

Hardly done that have they.

Otis

Never got the MAF loathing. To me he hasn't set the world alight, but at the same time really hasn't been that bad and nowhere near the level of rubbish people have been staying he is.

Evo1883

Wigan and burton auto ,
We will miss out te run in is too hard , needed the points in the bag pre April and it hasn't happened , will finish around 8th/9th

Bob Latchford

Between 8th and 12th I predict.

Otis

Wigan and burton auto ,
We will miss out te run in is too hard , needed the points in the bag pre April and it hasn't happened , will finish around 8th/9th
Yep. I think we won't make it. Said that the minute we dropped out the top 6.

More than happy to be proved wrong, but I just think it is too big an ask!

All we need to do now though is concentrate on one game at a time and keep trying to win games.

Who knows, maybe it will be a low total. Last season though Chesterfield got 69 points to bag 6th place.

Otis

1 Bristol City 37 80

2 Preston North End 35 69

3 Swindon Town 36 67

4 Milton Keynes Dons 36 63

5 Sheffield United 35 54

6 Barnsley 36 53

Table for the same time last year.

1 Bristol City 46 99

2 Milton Keynes 46 91

3 Preston North End 46 89

4 Swindon Town 46 79

5 Sheffield United 46 71

6 Chesterfield 46 69

Final table.

stupot07

1. You said Armstrong would be recalled immediately by new Newcastle.manager

2. You also said maf was shit

1. No I didn't. I said "almost certainly" get recalled, never said definitely, and not said immediately. And actually that was before it was announced it was Rafa, if it had been a Harry rednapp or a Moyes, etc, I think he would have been recalled within the first couple of weeks, but Rafa hardly ever plays kids so I don't think he will be recalled now.

2. Pretty much the whole fanbase has called MAF shit this season.

So, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread