Just so i'm clear, (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

when would be the best time to go into admin (if it were to happen) so as not to start next season on -10 points?

rob9872

Yesterday at 1.32pm

Jimthor

I think if we went into admin any time this season, we'd get -10 this year (like Palace last year). Couldn't see us staying up in that case.
If we went into admin any time after this season, we'd get -10 next year.
Unavoidable that we'd get the deduction should it happen.

Is that right?

rob9872

kind of but the early deadline was brought in to stop clubs like Leeds and Leicester playing the game and taking the hit after they were already virtually relegated. So now if it's in April / May you lose 10 points this season and begin next season on -10

hackneyfox

You only lose 10 points once, it's either this season or next, the cut off dictates which one it will be.

coundonskyblue

With Southampton they were deducted points the following season because they went down. Had they stayed up they would have had the points deduction that season.

rob9872

... which would have then relegated them. That's what I was referring to so that clubs couldn't play with times to ensure that the penalty meant nothing.

I know Hackney - not seen you on here for a couple of hours but in like avulture. I had only typed Leeds and added that on when I remembered about you and soemone yesterday saying you were a wind up merchant

15-Love :p

hackneyfox

Teams get deducted extra points for not coming out of admin correctly.

Coundon is correct about how the 10 are handed out, once you are past the cut off date.

rob9872

Don't do that or I'll be forced to do some work here instead of looking busy on the forum :(

hackneyfox

Ignore them then.

The facts fly right over your head every time.

Any proof on managers lasting for 9 months in this division and 1.4 years in The Premier.

skybluetom

Hackers the facts fly over everybody because you talk complete rubbish, you played the game, you played it well and the rules at the time stated you didn't do anything wrong. They are the facts I'm afraid.

That comes from the LMA so point your finger in their direction. I was just making a point that nowadays managers tend to get the bullet a little bit too quickly, do you not agree with that statement in general?

Dinyull

Hackers was pointing out they didn't play the game by going into admin AFTER they were safe which one or 2 clubs did do forcing the fooball league to change suit.

hackneyfox

Tom
Perhaps you should read what you have copied before you paste it.
9 months is clearly wrong, and then you followed it up with 1.4 years in the prem, which I'm pretty sure is just as daft.

And you're just plain wrong about our admin, we were forced into it, but don't let facts get in the way will you.

hackneyfox

Hackers was pointing out they didn't play the game by going into admin AFTER they were safe which one or 2 clubs did do forcing the fooball league to change suit.

Dinyull
Thanks, and I'm pretty sure that no club 'plays the game' and goes into admin for the fun of it or just to save money. You have to lay off people you have spent years working with.

skybluetom

Now having done some deeper reasearch Mr Fox I offer you an apology, 1.4 years was the average time given ALL of the LMA members which covers the four professional leagues. The championship is around about average at 1.4 years, the stat of 9 months is however accurate of the third division. It still makes grim reading if you ask me and it costing everybody fortunes.

hackneyfox

I'm still bloody surprised at 1.4 over all 4 divisions.

Has every club in the third changed their manager in the last season?

Just don't see 1.4 in The Championship, co* and Leicester may average that but we've both sacked more than anyone else haven't we?

Can you link it please?

hackneyfox

I hope you don't, I wouldn't want you lot to take the stick that we've received from co* fans.

skybluetom

I'm still bloody surprised at 1.4 over all 4 divisions.

Has every club in the third changed their manager in the last season?

Just don't see 1.4 in The Championship, co* and Leicester may average that but we've both sacked more than anyone else haven't we?

Can you link it please?

Hold on, I had it through the times. The Premier League is actually quite high in relevance to the other leagues, mostly because of Wenger, Moyes and Fergie I suspect. The Championship is average as I've said but it then gets much worse in the lower leagues, probably due the smaller pay-offs.

Last edited:

hackneyfox

Cheers
On a first read those are truly frightening figures.
I apologise for questioning you BUT I think they have played a crafty game with the figures.

The frightening bit is that it confirms that the more successful clubs stick with a manager, what on earth do Chairman/owners think they are up to.

Modern football is shit

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Any ideas on the numbers for this year? Seems to have been another bumper crop for the p45 brigade!

rob9872

Papering over the cracks and saves a chairman's own tenure. Only so many clubs can win things so be careful what you wish for. I bet Charlton and even Villa who thought their amangers could take them no further wish they were stil in place. I even here now that Everton fans are unhappy with Moyes. What the hell do they think they want, it's just ludicrous and greedy fans don't help. I have long since accepted that we are a second tier also ran but do think we should be flirting around the play-offs occasionally. I can't accept that we might be league one but you reap what you sow.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's in the nature of football fans (and Boards) to have unrealistic expectations.

Remember sacking Snoz so that we could "kick on" under Terry Butcher - that worked well.

Remember sacking Eric Black so that we could be "guaranteed promotion" under Peter Reid - that worked well too.

We still have unrealistic expectations - some people even seem to want a win before the end of the season.....

Disorganised1

At one stage Leicester were giving the phrase Manager of The Month a whole new meaning.

Users who are viewing this thread