KEEP Marlon King petition (1 Viewer)

Knowledge

Please post below if you would be more likely to buy a season ticket if the board re-sign Marlon King on a new contract. I will then send this to the club - and perhaps someone can link it to Brody on Twitter.

Vote 1 - I WILL renew if we sign King up.

Lloyd

if we keep our better players - Marlon imparticular, i think i would get a season ticket, BUT, i really dont like the direction sisu are taking us still...

Sky Blue Sheepy

You'd only renew if we keep King? What if King doesn't want to stay, or gets offered £20k a week from a Premier League club... Much as I dislike SISU, that's not their fault and giving players wages they can't afford has put us in the huge mess we're in.
So I feel this is detrimental and I feel fans who cop out because we've lost 1 player are a bit deluded. Much as I love King (as I do :whistle:) I'm more excited about getting Turner and McPake back. This "omg I'm not going if we lose player X" is not the right mindset we need...

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hope he signs, getting my season ticket anyway

bamalamafizzfazz

You'd only renew if we keep King? What if King doesn't want to stay, or gets offered £20k a week from a Premier League club... Much as I dislike SISU, that's not their fault and giving players wages they can't afford has put us in the huge mess we're in.
So have fans who cop out because we've lost 1 player. Much as I love King (as I do :whistle:) I'm more excited about getting Turner and McPake back. This "omg I'm not going if we lose player X" is not the right mindset we need...

Spot on. Its not as though it would be the club selling him for a profit, once again it was them who cocked by not offering a longer term contract. The minimising risk strategy has backfired big time.

Knowledge- Sorrry if we ruined your petition. Feel free to ommit my last couple of comments if you were to submit this information.

nimrod

If/When Westwood leaves we can replace him with someone cheaper.

Also, by not resigning Carsley and maybe even Gunarsson that must surely free up enough from
the budget to give Marlon a new contract.

Its not exactly Rocket Science.

Whatever happens, there will be 5 season tickets being renewed for next season.

PUSB!

CovScott88

I will be renewing anyway, but I would be much happier if Marlon signs up again. IMO, he is vital to us, if we want to be successful.

Pigeon

I haven't got a season ticket for next year yet. I was going to wait and see what the club do regarding finances, manager and players during the summer even if that meant paying the full price if things turn out nicely.
However, if Marlon King is signed I will be at the Ricoh the next hour handing in my season ticket renewal forms because he is a class act, given the service he will get you a goal nearly every match, as we have seen under AT and his new style of football.

sotv1987

He's not staying, SISwho don't give a shit about spending to keep the best players, get used to it you guys, still renewing my season ticket though!!!

TheRoyalScam

I remember a similar petition to keep David Speedie when we sold him to Liverpool. It's unlikely any poll or petition would have any bearing, especially while SISU are in control. In any case there are a number of fans who would be happier to see the back of King, despite his recent good form and obvious quality. Although I appreciate why you've started this poll, I'm more concerned with the overall future of the club which I started supporting over 40 years ago.

ajsccfc

The more petitions are used for frivolous pursuits, the less value they have when it comes to things that actually matter.

n1xon

how about a register showing intent to buy next season replica shirt with king printed on the back if they re sign him?

Users who are viewing this thread