Keogh Bags London Supporter's Player of the Season (1 Viewer)

bamalamafizzfazz

Defender gets CCLSC award
Richard Keogh has won the Coventry City London Supporters Club Player Of The Year Trophy.
Keogh polled the most votes from CCLSC members and will receive the Phil Barlow Memorial Trophy after Friday's game with Scunthorpe United from Swiss member Andrea Mozer.
Phil died in Australia whilst swimming and Kev Monks who saw Phil the day before he set off his worldwide travels and knew Phill from watching the Sky Blues, said: "The attacking qualities of Richard Keogh are something that Phil would have enjoyed. "I'm sure he would have been pleased with Richard winning this award."

Happy with this, Keogh gets my vote as I didn't expect him to have as much of an impact as he has had. Westwood 2nd. King 3rd.

rob9872

Good on him. I gave him a good review on our poll here and he took my vote but was well back down the order on our list. Solid, consistent and adaptable along with Cranie. If the season was much longer King would walk the awards as the outstanding performer I think.

bamalamafizzfazz

Agreed, but missing seven games through suspension for me was too much. If he hits a hattrick in all four of our remaining games I may reconsider but that is my conditions.

Pigeon

He's made a great step up into our league and has improved every game. Some of his crosses into the box are fantastic!

Nonleagueherewecome

2 assists in the last 2 games-a stat Brody can comprehend! Keogh has got better and better of late. I think he showed on Saturday that he knows the CB position very well too, and I just love the way he even attacked from that position.
Reminds me of an old Venables idea of having the Anchor role ready to drop in and cover and letting one CB attack (Steve Howey in that example, I think). Barce do it with Pique. It's rare that any team attacks with more than 6 players..we do it with 8 now! Makes you wonder what sort of performances Thorn may have got out of Ward...we'd have seen those Baresi moves of his every week!

ccfcway

Keogh Craine Turner Hussey

Lets hope we still have this defence next season. It would be a great platform to build on.

Users who are viewing this thread