Kettering vs. Portsmouth (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19889927

Why do the FA seem hell bent on saving one club and by proxy not arsed with another?

Perhaps if they had a delusional manager not unlike Appleton they would be better for it - Appleton plays the victim 24/7 and gets continual praise for his "hardwork" what about Alan Doyle? working in even harder circumstances and going relatively unnoticed (this is the first I have heard of Kettering's predicament)

perhaps Ashley Cole was onto something the FA are a "Bunchoftwats"

skybluebeduff

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the F.A lately, Pompey should be given -20 points because they aren't coming out of admin anytime soon, why the special dispensation for them? I feel sorry for Chester City, wonder if they were given this "special treatment" during their demise?!!

kg82

The Kettering thing's been going on for a while. They had an "extavagant" owner, I think. Tried to get them in to the league and used stunts like getting Gazza in as manager to make the club more high profile. Backfired. The FA are a joke with this sort of thing but just as bad as them are the media. They alone could bring this more into the public but they're not interested - doesn't sell, doesn't make money.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Does seem to be double standards applied but it is difficult to say without knowing the full facts. Both clubs I believe had enough players before administration and an embargo, both owed players wages. Yet Pompey can get emergency signings to fulfill fixtures while Kettering can't and will be fined for failing to fulfill fixtures. Kettering get a 10 point deduction now but Pompey have theirs deferred until they arrange their 3rd CVA. Hardly seems even handed and fair.

But then logic and fairness is not always apparent at the football authorities

Users who are viewing this thread