Kevin Blackwell to be appointed (1 Viewer)

Covstu

If true, this is not a great appointment in my book and just shows the ambition of the club. Someone who can work with a tight budget basically means you have no money to spend gaffer so beg, borrow and steal players. Unless they give our next manager a decent amount of money we will not change and we will see Mr Blackwell sacked in the next 12 months.

stay_up_skyblues

This would be a shocking appointment, not only is this guy a shit manager but he is also an arrogant northern wanker of the highest order.

If i hadnt already decided i wernet going again this season then this would just about make my mind up. Im sure for whatever we will have to pay Blackwell we could get somebody better, if true then Ranson is just reiterating the fact he hasn't got a fookin clue!

Last edited:

TommyAtkins

This is nothing to do with lack of ambition or ambition, more a question of reality. We have no money and I would suspect the list of managers interested in the job is a small list. Any potential manager is going to be out of work at the moment, be experienced especially at working with a very limited budget, not want to appoint a huge backroom staff and also be prepared to take a risk.

I don't think there is anyone "better" who is a realistic choice.

stay_up_skyblues

Well for me sacking Boothroyd to bring in Blackwell is just swapping chalk for chalk, was it worth taking yet another financial hit at such a crucial stage of the season to bring in Kevin fookin Blackwell? Im starting to think that SISU could not run a bath let alone a football club.

Nick

Administrator
I am not too sure about him at all :(

When it says until the end of the season does it mean we are getting rid in the summer or just a trial period!

SkyBlueScottie

I think I like most would prefer to see Thorn and Harrison given the job until the end of the season. I mean 2 games to prove their credential is harsh even by our standards.

skybluetom

Good to have you come across TA :wave:

For god sake don't hire Blackwell, give it Thorn if there thinking of appointing Blackwell. Why appoint somebody who is proven to be rubbish at this level?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I only ever started one thread in all my time on GMK. That was a few days ago, saying please let the stories about Kevin Blackwell not be true.

As noted earlier - why bother paying to get rid of AB and then appoint his separated at birth twin?

I think the only mature way to approach this is to stick my fingers in my ears and sing "Not true, not true, not true......" in a loud voice until it all goes away.

:D:D

SkyBlueMania

how about the club takes a real step forward and give Chris Kamara the job, we wouldn't win but i'm used to that, however his interviews would be class!

Walking Bird

Most depressing thing i've heard in ages. Why swap one hoof merchant for another!
Good luck with the season tickets Ray!!! :eek:

covkid69

kevin bloody aye up blackwell was on talk sport the other day and he was asked if he is in for the ccfc job and he just kept saying no comment which could mean that he is....oh bugger...not what i wanted to hear at all :(:(

sky_blue_up_north

Another backward step, just leave Thorn and Harrison in place till the end of the season, or is RR starting to panic :eek:

Last edited:

ccfcway

This would without doubt be the worst decision that I have ever heard of....

Even beats that record compnay saying "your not going to make it as a band"....to The Beatles !!

Div 1 here we come if this is in any way true !

Nick

Administrator
Boothroyd got this response when the rumour went out that we were getting him as well.

Not sure how I would feel his record is not all that bad and we should always give people a chance.....people have mentioned a certain ex Newcastle manager who had the best team in the championship at one point so it's easy to assume he would be shite with our team.

Like I said in another post I want everybody out and would like to see us start again if we can avoid relegation. We are rotten to the core and as the old saying goes "You cannot polish a turd"

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how I would feel his record is not all that bad and we should always give people a chance.....people have mentioned a certain ex Newcastle manager who had the best team in the championship at one point so it's easy to assume he would be shite with our team.

Like I said in another post I want everybody out and would like to see us start again if we can avoid relegation. We are rotten to the core and as the old saying goes "You cannot polish a turd"

I think you are right about Hughton, he had a great set of players (most Premier League players) so the the team picked it's self!

ccfcway

and look what happened to him !

Fans arent always right, but when you start off on a bad foot (this appointment would not have all the fans onside) then its even harder to all pull in the same direction.

with someone like Tilson, Abbott etc, I would be saying "give them a chance to settle in, and stamp their authroity on the team...

With Blackwell, if appointing him is based on his experience, it would almost need to be instant success to have any sort of support at all.

Blackwell would not last 12 months here, FACT

skyblu3sk

Another average manager that would not last 12 month's, also he doesn't seem to be able to keep his gob shut, sacked from two out of 3 roles because of it. Also if the football style doesn't change we might as well close the gates now and give up. Fans are not only starved of success but entertainment that why everyone was going crazy about thornes first match...

Dinyull

Just spotted this on the CET site, if true what the hell is Ranson thinking? Even if it's just till the end of the season this decision is going to put people off ST's next season.

And TA, @ Leeds and Sheff U he was always given money to spend so why do you think he's as good as we'll get in our current situation???

CovLis86

This had just best be make believe, otherwise somebody needs to wake me up from this nightmare and fast.
Do SISU have ANY clue what so ever?! I dont think ive seen one fan at any time say they think Blackwell would be a good appointment. Lot more said theyd at least rather stick with Thorn until the end of the season and take it from there.

Im starting to give up... :(

Nick

Administrator
Nobody thought Boothroyd was a good appointment either at the start. I personally didn't and I think Blackwell would just be a step backwards!

ashbyjan

Whoever the manager is he is on a hiding to nothing unless he is given financial backing from the board - Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson would struggle to get out of this division with no money and the poor pool of players we will have once Westy, King, Gunnarsson depart. Blackpool was a freak and look at every other team vying for promotion and they have all invested in a greater or lesser extent but certainly more than RR and his chums are able or willing to do. No money - no decent players - no future.

Users who are viewing this thread