Key Decisions Cost Us - Boothroyd (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

_46309069_aidy_boothroyd_four_766.jpg
City boss on defeat at Palace
Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd felt that the decisions which led to both goals cost his side something from the trip to Crystal Palace.

Speaking to the Press Association after the match, the City boss said: "There is a ball bouncing and you hit it as hard as you can against him or go into a tackle. "He hasn't got it in him to hit a backpass with his right foot from there.

"I have the hindsight of video. "At the time I didn't think it was a backpass and I definitely didn't think it was a penalty.

The contact was outside the area and Vaughan has gone to ground. He was the most surprised person in the ground when it was given a penalty.
"But rather than complaining we should look at ourselves, we let the decisions affect us and didn't respond in the right manner.

I thought we played really well. We set out with what we wanted to do. Our reaction, myself included, has cost us the game.
"It's been a rubbish week but that is part of getting better. It's about getting on with it."

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure what to think, we clearly need to scrape a win from somewhere to pick the boys up though. All the people who moaned about decent football, i have attended the last 3 prior to Alice yesterday, we played well yet got nothing from them, sheff utd, we played just okay yet won!! still want fancy football? we mix it up bit of passing bit of Hoof....i don't really care just start winning again lads. still believe, still feel good about the season, but i really would hate to slip down so far Fester are above us!!

Users who are viewing this thread