Keys wants SISU to talk to Hoffmans group - In fact he introduced them (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

“I know how serious these people are because I put them in touch with Gary,“
“They are 110 per cent serious investors who I know personally and I think it is an opportunity, at the very least, that the club should serious explore because my fears are that we are back in a situation where the money has run out.“
“As part of his takeover I believe the council will agree to give him a majority shareholding in the stadium and that is a crucial development.
“It would appear the council are not in a position to want to do business with Sisu but they are more than happy to have a conversation with Gary, so once again, I don't understand why Sisu haven't quite got the message.“
“In Gary Hoffman we have got someone who operated at the very top end in the world of finance and whose personal friends are from the top end of football. We need to start mixing in the right circles again and he can help us do that. I know Gary extremely well and although most people would be of the opinion that Gary is a banker, my experience of Gary is that he is a football man.

“I have, quite literally, travelled the world with him * to Japan to watch England on one occasion * and I've stood on the terraces at Gillingham with him, following the super Sky Blues.

“I have seen him mixing comfortably with football hierarchy and I mean the very top end and many of whom he would count upon as personal friends.

“And, of course, we know him to be Sky Blue to the core so I can't think of too many other people who I would like to see running the club to be honest.

InterSkyBlues

SISU won't be happy until we go out of business. I hope Gary and Richard can get through to them. The above is heartening but we are no closer to getting rid of SISU.

BurbageSkyBlues

Where were the quotes reported......it's interesting to hear them.

It sounds as if the council do not trust the longterm intentions of Sisu, wrt the stadium, possibly ensuring that it remains a beneficial entity for the club (& community) rather than it becomes one realisable asset that could be developed or sold off separately, and the club left high and dry again?

procdoc

we need these sisu chumps out as soon as possible. Nice to see Brody kept his word about coming on this forum to answer some questions. The moderators probably spent a lot of time and effort setting up the q & a thread only for the stupid Canadian pillock to go back on his word yet again

Chipfat

The council part i assume is where GR comes in as im sure he would still have alot of friends and influence.. Hoffs people are slowly backing Sisu into a corner as the stadium was the only real reason they wanted the club in the first place...

procdoc

The council part i assume is where GR comes in as im sure he would still have alot of friends and influence.. Hoffs people are slowly backing Sisu into a corner as the stadium was the only real reason they wanted the club in the first place...

without the stadium the club is worthless

I'mARealWizard

Keys wants SISU to talk to Hoffmans group - In fact he introduced them

Doesn't Alicia have a new album to promote or something? I know we were told to expect 'unexpected' investors, but an American RnB singer being involved?

I never thought I'd see the day...

procdoc

[/B]

Doesn't Alicia have a new album to promote or something? I know we were told to expect 'unexpected' investors, but an American RnB singer being involved?

I never thought I'd see the day...
and the fact that she is apparently A MAN!!! Why wasn't this in the Daily Star???

Tankie

Good Morning Fellas
AS Rumour and counter Rumour, opinion and counter opinion, start to gather pace,it has been my unchanging opinion for some considerable time, in fact very shortly after sisus takeover, there were strong indications, that they hadn't the desire, or financial commitment, to fix the problem, in fact they have just about done enough to stop stop us sinking, but no more than this.
The shiny armour, they proudly wore when they rolled into town, soon began to show rust, and was tarnished beyond repair when two of our prize gems,Dann and Fox, were sold, just when we were beginning to see their true potential, and these actions have been repeated, with the sale of, and not offering decent contracts to several of our "Better Players"
As sisu, strip away, anything, and anyone, from our club, that is sellable, leaving only the bare bones, for the new owners, "whoever they may be"to try and rebuild the club from the foundations, we can only hope the,Alledged Takeover, isn't Baulked or hindered by a bloody minded Consortium, who should never have been here in the first place, and we can finally draw a line under, what has been a most disappointing period in the clubs proud History.
PUSB....TankTop..

kingharvest

I know for a fact that the council aren't willing to deal with SISU regarding the stadium, i imagine that is no real surprise to anyone.

rob9872

Well done RK!

More than your average two bob celebrity fan - one who is as passionate as the rest of us and if true (no reason to doubt him) he has been instrumental in getting these people together. With the Northern Rock connection and that it was Keys/Gray who broke the Freddie Shepherd story, I think we can throw some weight to the opinion that he is definitely part of this too.

We may not be signing anyone but with King injured, a promising youth side and true Sky Blues attempting to be at the helm, I'm feeling gooooooooooooood :)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Aren't the board meant to be meeting today to discuss the possible takeover?

Lord_Nampil

I do think something will happen
Now, Brody being quite and the news keys is involved to me is a big deal IMO ! What ever happens even if it is bare bones we would be in a better position and as fans we need to support them! New owners can rebuild and add to the young talent as well as making more money onrush days from owning the ground! Let's hope the talking starts soon!

chiefdave

I know for a fact that the council aren't willing to deal with SISU regarding the stadium, i imagine that is no real surprise to anyone.

for any particular reason? I've heard rumblings, not from anywhere I'd particularly pay attention to, that the coucil aren't intrested in selling to anyone as they're making money out of it. Could be a stumbling block for any potential takeover that has 100% ownership in the business plan.

Just read the article on the city website - amazing if it all goes through,

Hopefully Richards' friends will smash it.

PhilWasn'tBabb

for any particular reason? I've heard rumblings, not from anywhere I'd particularly pay attention to, that the coucil aren't intrested in selling to anyone as they're making money out of it. Could be a stumbling block for any potential takeover that has 100% ownership in the business plan.
:claping hands:

Nodds head to fellow sky blue in portsmouth/southsea...

has it ever been on the cards that we could get 100% ownership of ground. I've been under the impression we could only get the 50% which is in "trust" for us currently at a price of £10 mill. which I would guess is under market value. I would think the council half would be sold at a more commcial rate which would put it way out of our league, regardless of any take over.

That being said, what commcial value does it really have without the football team ? I would think it would be less valuable with out the football team attached to it..

Si80

That being said, what commcial value does it really have without the football team ? I would think it would be less valuable with out the football team attached to it..

I'd say it has a fairly big value attached to it even without CCFC there. The stadium was rammed last weekend due to the Jehovah's convention that was there. The council / Alan Higgs must make a mint off of that.

Then just pimp the stadium out as a music venue and I bet the income would be double what comes in via CCFC and the gate receipts.

Last edited:

Paxman II

Look I have not even read everyone's comments on here yet but hey Richard Keys you are clueless when it comes to the financial world by your comments and own admission in your statement.
Lets be clear here, I'm not defending SISU but when Keys states Hoffman is serious "I know because he called me" "I know these investors" he is speaking like a lemming.
Is he not aware that Hoffman's attempt to table a serious bid was never received by the board other than a speculative effort on some unsigned and unauthorised paper? So much then for a "serious banker at the top of his game" Yes Mr Keys you too are guilty of staying away from the ground and being a passive supporter who is chipping in with a load of tosh now. So concerned I'm sure that you have considered being one of Hoffman's investors perhaps? - I think not.
Well lets just hope your sentiments are well meant and carry some influence and Mr Hoffman gets his act together 'seriously' and provides both the bid and the evidence to back it up to the board asap so we can all have some clarity before shooting the current lot who at the very least are guilty of trying to keep us afloat for now!
If as keys has stated the council will be more forthcoming about ownership in the Stadium under Hoffman stewardship rather than SISU that would contravene the laws. Simply put it would be 'out of order' and who would blame SISU for not holding the council to reproach if true?

Clarity is what's required now from both parties and that means clearly stated intentions and a clearly stated position from the board should such a bid be tabled. That bit of information should it happen must be made public. Then they can hammer out their deal. Over to you Mr Hoffman....

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah c'mon, this just sounds like Richard Keys shameless self-publicist. There's probably bits of truth in what he says, but grossly exaggerated (not least portraying himself as a fan who follows us everywhere!). Maybe it's partly orchestrated by Hoffman to keep the flame of publicity burning whilst the CT is in turmoil.

It depends on what's really going on behind the scenes, which is most likely much that we know little about (I hope). Was there a meeting about the bid today? Are SISU prepared to listen to a formal offer? Is it much more down the path than that? Or have they entrenched their position? If so, how on earth are we going to survive the season? See "Ask Leonard" section for many questions that SISU need to answer if they stay...

If you ask me, the best way for it to happen is for us all to be kept in the dark and wake up one day to find it's a done deal. No dirty washing in public. If the 2 sides are still worlds apart in valuations, then we'll get a lot of public mud-slinging like this and it will be a long and messy ride.

blueflint

we need sisu out thats true but whoever takes over must do better not just throw money about but think and plan long term

Kuklinski

Keys is a lovely fella. I've shared a drink with him on many occassions and he's always been charming company.

Users who are viewing this thread